Which bow should I keep?

• Cera (White) Bow

• Allumino (Light Grey) Bow

Results are only viewable after voting.

CindyYZ

Dreams of H and CLs
O.G.
Sep 26, 2006
Ok, here's my dilemma... I've been in love with the bow satchel since I saw a Talco one around Xmas time at Saks. I'm still kicking myself for not buying it then. Then, as the Allumino bow came out, I was obsessed with finding one and just about a week before the Saks $400 off promo, I found one (thanks to this forum) at the Beverly Hills store. That one was full price $1155 with no promos applied. Then, when the Saks promo came around, I got a call from my fav Saks SA that he has a Cera bow from last season ($995) and if I wanted it. I'm like "heck yeah!" and then to qualify for the promo, I also bought a random Kooba clutch. So now the package has arrived and the cera bow's size is smaller than I thought. Also, I'm "meh" on the Kooba clutch (that I only bought to qualify for the $400 GC).

I still love the cera color, and the price is awesome since it's last season's. I love the allumino too and the allumino's size is much more to my liking. So here's my dilemma...

If I return the cera bow, I might as well return the kooba and just forfeit the GC. Or I keep the cera bow and return the allumino. I also debated keeping both, but I just bought some Chanel during the Neiman's promo so I think I should give up one of them. Thoughts?? Here are some pics and some to compare the Cera and Allumino bow sizes. TIA!!

CIMG1214.jpg

CIMG1217-1.jpg

CIMG1218-1.jpg

CIMG1219-1.jpg

The Kooba Clutch I got for the GC:

CIMG1221.jpg

I've always LOVED the alluminio bow :love: But that's just me. I think both colors are gorgeous. I think you should keep the one you like more. The price difference isn't THAT much of a difference (atleast to me) so I'd keep the one I'd like more. And are these bows the same sizes? How come the ALLUMINIO looks so big :wtf:

If I were you, I'd only keep ONE BOW if I didn't completly LOVED THEM BOTH. If you only want one, keep one and just forfeit the GC. As for the color of the bow, that's up to your eyes to decide :tup:

Goodluck!!!

Hi annaversary, turns out the cera bow is the "small" size and the allumino bow is the same size as the one you have. I guess I give more points to the allumino, I love both the color AND size.

I've always LOVED the alluminio bow :love: But that's just me. I think both colors are gorgeous. I think you should keep the one you like more. The price difference isn't THAT much of a difference (atleast to me) so I'd keep the one I'd like more. And are these bows the same sizes? How come the ALLUMINIO looks so big :wtf:

If I were you, I'd only keep ONE BOW if I didn't completly LOVED THEM BOTH. If you only want one, keep one and just forfeit the GC. As for the color of the bow, that's up to your eyes to decide :tup:

Goodluck!!!

would it be bad if i said to keep both? :shame:

both colours are gorgeous and the bow is my favorite so far from miu miiu.. but if i had to choose i'd choose allumino cos i love big bags and even though white is my favorite colour i've learned that no matter what eventually it will get dirty and show a bit more then other colours :sad:

I have the Cera in the regular size. It appears that you have the smaller version. :smile:

I'm biased since I love my Cera bow. But if it's too small, go for the allumino bow. The Kooba clutch is kinda bland, no point keeping it if you were not keen on it in the first place.

If it's me, I would keep both if the Cera is in the regular size. Cera for spring/summer and the grey for any season. But do return one if you don't completely love it.

ms-whitney -

While I agree that white bags require babying and extra care, the Cera is really tough. Any smudges can be wiped off easily without fear of staining the leather. Except color transfer from jeans. That's the kiss of death for most light colored purses.

Yikes! That's a hard decision. I wouldn't keep both bags, though. Whenever I have trouble deciding which purse is a keeper... I do an inventory check of what purses I already have and from there, I am able to rule out ones that although I really like, there is no point in keeping because I already have something similar (either in color, size, style).

Good luck!

Hi linpaddy, thanks, if the Cera was the regular size then I would probably return the allumino.. ugh.. now I'm seriously thinking about keeping both.

Thanks everyone for your advice and comments!! :ty:

I have the Cera in the regular size. It appears that you have the smaller version. :smile:

I'm biased since I love my Cera bow. But if it's too small, go for the allumino bow. The Kooba clutch is kinda bland, no point keeping it if you were not keen on it in the first place.

If it's me, I would keep both if the Cera is in the regular size. Cera for spring/summer and the grey for any season. But do return one if you don't completely love it.

ms-whitney -

While I agree that white bags require babying and extra care, the Cera is really tough. Any smudges can be wiped off easily without fear of staining the leather. Except color transfer from jeans. That's the kiss of death for most light colored purses.

I didnt know the Bow came in two sizes. So it actually came in 3 sizes cause I have seen a bigger one more like a Tote.
I would keep the allumino, love that color. I wouldnt keep both because they are to close in color. Would you use both?

I never knew the bow came in 3 SIZES either :wtf: I thought it was just the MEDIUM and the LARGE. I was wondering why the CERO bow looked SO TINY.

How cool. I want to see more of the SMALL bow since most of us here has the MEDIUM one.. I've actually never heard of the "small" bow... how interesting! I learned something new about the bow today! (Excuse my obsession for bows :Push:smile:

KEEP THE ALLUMINIO! KEEP THE ALLUMINIO. But make sure YOUR happy with your decision :tup: But here's another suggestion: You may want to sell the CERO bow on EBAY, for $1,000+ because there are people out there who'd buy it. So consider making some extra $$$!

Let us know which bow you decide to stick with ;)

You should definitely keep whichever one you LOVE and could see yourself using all the time in terms of color and size :smile:

I saw a small Nero yesterday at Saks and asked the SA to order one for me in Alluminio... I hope she ordered the small size and not the medium size because the price was still $1155 (for the Nero). Does anyone know if there is a price difference between the sizes? At first I wasn't going to get it because I had no idea there was a smaller size until yesterday. It was love at first sight!

i think 995 is for the smaller one and 1155 is for the larger one...
when i bought mine... which was beginning last year... there were already the two different prices for the bow satchel.... and the largest would be the bow tote... which has a longer body....

wow i didn't know the bow came in a small size... i think i might like the small one better! i just got a black regular size one and it's a little bit too big for me. i've frequented quite a few SFA and NM stores in the bay area and vegas but have never seen the small one. weird!

Here's the Cera Bow in its regular size next to her sister, the blush bow.

I personally think that the small bow, although very sweet, is really small and fits only essentials.

I wouldn't keep a purse that I am hesitant about. Go with what's best for your lifestyle and needs. :tup:

Attachments

• blush and cera1.jpg
    blush and cera1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 106
  • blush and cera2.jpg
    blush and cera2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 84