Help me decide on second large purchase

meghanwhlr

Jan 10, 2018
Help me decide. I have had a few LV through the past year after discovering my passion for the brand. Sold all and restarted my collection. I currently have a Speedy and a zippy multicartes in monogram. I also have a preowned Neverfull DE pouchette only (not the tote itself).

I need advice on my next big purchase. I love the Neverfull but lots of ladies have them around here (real and fake). I also have been looking at the Alma. I do not have a store near me to go try on. So Alma or Neverfull? If Neverfull DE or mono??

Interested mostly in chance the bag will hold up well over a five year period and be a good addition to my collection rather than to serve a specific function. Help!

missconvy

Jan 5, 2016
Help me decide. I have had a few LV through the past year after discovering my passion for the brand. Sold all and restarted my collection. I currently have a Speedy and a zippy multicartes in monogram. I also have a preowned Neverfull DE pouchette only (not the tote itself).

I need advice on my next big purchase. I love the Neverfull but lots of ladies have them around here (real and fake). I also have been looking at the Alma. I do not have a store near me to go try on. So Alma or Neverfull? If Neverfull DE or mono??

Interested mostly in chance the bag will hold up well over a five year period and be a good addition to my collection rather than to serve a specific function. Help!

Do you prefer a large bag or small? I prefer a large bag which is why I went with the DE neverfull MM and I love it. The alma is pretty but not practical for me for everyday so I did not purchase it. I will admire from afar [emoji7]

meghanwhlr

Jan 10, 2018
Alma is quite similar in use to a Speedy and as you have one of those what about a Pochette Metis or Palm Springs backpack? IMO a Neverfull looks quite tatty after prolonged use. It’s quite a flimsy bag.
Do you prefer a large bag or small? I prefer a large bag which is why I went with the DE neverfull MM and I love it. The alma is pretty but not practical for me for everyday so I did not purchase it. I will admire from afar [emoji7]
I definately am a medium size bag girl- like the Speedy. I am leaning toward mono NF.

meghanwhlr

Jan 10, 2018
Alma is quite similar in use to a Speedy and as you have one of those what about a Pochette Metis or Palm Springs backpack? IMO a Neverfull looks quite tatty after prolonged use. It’s quite a flimsy bag.
All I keep hearing about the Pouchette Metis is it has glazing issues. And I’m an almost 40 year old mom- the backpack craze does not look right on me!

Miss_Dawn

Mar 11, 2017
Alma, it is a great looking bag, in either sizes.. A friend just got the BB, it holds so much more than I expected, and is crossbody, nice. I am tired of seeing Neverful, but just my opinion of course

Agree. Alma BB is an excellent bag and extremely versatile. I recently took it away on a weekend. I was working in an office in a different city in the morning, meeting a friend for coffee in the afternoon, attending a black tie party in the evening and then staying overnight including shopping/tourist things with my husband the next day. It was perfect throughout.

Granted my Alma BB is in rose ballerine epi leather (much more formal than the canvas in my view) and I picked outfits that would match including a pink chiffon dress for the party, but I think the only other bag I would feel comfortable carrying across all those settings would be a Chanel m/l flap.

Here’s how much I can fit in mine.

Attachments

• C7C50EB1-83F6-412D-AA54-4070579AB6E7.jpeg
    C7C50EB1-83F6-412D-AA54-4070579AB6E7.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 748
Agree. Alma BB is an excellent bag and extremely versatile.
I had no idea this bag existed until last night. I stepped into my local boutique and there it sat in all its adorable spendor. So attractive! The BB I saw was in ballerina pink Epi, like yours. But unlike yours, the Epi strips were diagonal. It was so nice.

I am not a fan of the Alma PM, but the BB sang a little song to me. :smile:

For size comparison here’s a picture of my speedy 25, NF PM and Alma BB.
What? It comes in damier??! I love it!

LV_4ever

Feb 4, 2013
There are so many bags to choose from but you need to figure out if you want a shoulder bag that can hold a lot like the NF or a crossbody/handheld that holds a little like the the Alma bb. They are so different. I wish they still had the delightful- it’s a great bag that holds a lot. Maybe its replacement, the graceful?

jelly-baby

O.G.
Feb 2, 2009
I bet it looks awesome on you. Even at 20-30 I was not a backpack person.

No it didn’t lol! I returned it as it was the most overpriced pointless bag I think I’ve ever bought! The size was ok but because of the design it was too awkward to get into, the front pocket was useless and the design of the zip was not user friendly. I have a very similar style Michael Kors backpack that is more versatile and better quality for 10% of the price of the LV.