Help me decide on my first mulberry.. Alexa vs Bayswater.

another vote for the bayswater. my first mulberry bag was a large soho shoulder bag in coated canvas so if i'm to buy my first again but serious mulberry bag it's gonna be the bayswater. a classic piece and will last you for years! :tup:

Hi! Reviving this thread because I am also a recent college grad looking for a great, classic bag that can carry my laptop- doesn't have to be Mulberry, if anyone has any other suggestions, but I've been thinking about the Bayswater. I know Mulberry teamed up with Apple to make the Bayswater for laptops, but I can't find them anywhere- did they discontinue them?? If so, what do you guys think about a regular Bayswater for laptops- will a laptop, in a protective sleeve, take up too much room in the Bayswater to be able to fit much else? Thanks so much!!

Netsirk - The Bays for apple were exactly the same size as the regular Bays, they just had a little divider to hold your laptop. A laptop in a sleeve would be just fine in your bays, and wouldn't take up the whole bag by any means.

Here are some photos I hope they help, I took these a while ago... 13 inch macbook with a full VIP business liner... and this is with the side straps of the Bayswater on the tightest hole, so the least capacity.

IMG_2521.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

Bayswater; it comes in a variety of colours & leathers/weight. It is Mulberry's iconic and timeless bag.

It's best to try on both Bayswater and Alexa, though, and maybe you will instantly know which one suits you best?

Great pics, Miss Mabel, exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

Twinkle Pink, thanks for the heads up- the heaviness of it with a laptop is definitely something I need to consider, especially since I'll be commuting to work on public transportation/walking. I'll have to think about that one...

Last edited:
There's a black patent Bays for MacBook in the Coming Soon section of .com.

It may be true that a Bays will feel quite heavy with a laptop in it, but after reading several accounts on here of Alexas' straps coming unstitched or coming off altogether (Mulberry Ellie's recent thread) I would trust a Bays more to be sturdy enough to take the weight.