Help me decide on my exchange!

J_Lurker

Jul 7, 2020
I got a little Gucci horsebit WOC in classic canvas for Christmas and it’s beautiful but too small for my liking. I’m going to exchange for the same style in the bigger size but am struggling to decide on classic canvas or giant gg! I got my woc in classic canvas and it’s lovely but there is just something about the giant gg on this particular style that is gorgeous. I’m 29 and only just starting my collection and only have the black marmont super mini bag from Gucci so far. Here are some screenshots for my inspo reference!

C01CEB11-BF42-4C08-B30B-4459D98DE08D.jpeg

6310732B-52C3-4E4C-90B2-1497507F0D01.jpeg

1FA7D124-AEC0-46BC-BB62-0ECD20A2B52E.jpeg
682C6835-7CA5-4472-86CF-4E9079FBC9ED.png

I prefer the classic, but I have no objection at all to the large-print, especially in what is still quite a small bag.

What does @topglamchic think?
I love that it's a small bag with the large print - I feel it's quite striking but not over the top. It makes the exact same bags look completely different to me. I would just hope the larger print would be wearable to an occassion like a wedding, and then casually on the street too..

• Insightful
Reactions: papertiger
I love that it's a small bag with the large print - I feel it's quite striking but not over the top. It makes the exact same bags look completely different to me. I would just hope the larger print would be wearable to an occassion like a wedding, and then casually on the street too..

I think so, absolutely. In a way I think it could look more formal as occasion-wear, and conversely more 'street' too

lol no! go with your gut.
giant GG is an all eyes on her bag. other print is more incognito. so it makes sense i keep going back to giant GG. all depends on what you want in a bag and how you plan to use it! cannot go wrong w either choice!
So true and it really did come down to practicality - the original WOC I got I loved the chain and how elegant it was but in the last month I haven’t reached for it once - I am a marketing contractor and want a bag I can throw on as a cross body and run to meetings to shoot content, and I want to same bag to look gorgeous out at lunch or on holidays, and I was it to be paired with a black silk slip dress at a wedding and fit right in! I really want it to be versatile. I almost feel like the jumbo logo is such a brown bag that your outfit would influence whether you’d choose it or another bag, whereas the traditional will pretty much go with anything! Xx