HELP me decide on my dream bag!!

Lilmsamy

Dec 22, 2006
Hi Guys,

It's been a while since I've posted anything but I'm back! I just sold my speedy 25 DA and in the market for a dream bag. I have been drooling over the speedy Emp Bandouliere 25 but the almost $3000 price tag is killing me. As I will be soon be the mom of 2 lil boys I was thinking that I should be practical and get something like the Favorite PM or MM. Do you ladies have any suggestions of a good cross body bag that will hold up for a busy mom?

These are the bags I'm thinking of:

Speedy B 25
Favorite PM or MM
Noe
Estrela MM
Menilmontant PM
Siracusa PM
Palermo PM

Hi Guys,

It's been a while since I've posted anything but I'm back! I just sold my speedy 25 DA and in the market for a dream bag. I have been drooling over the speedy Emp Bandouliere 25 but the almost $3000 price tag is killing me. As I will be soon be the mom of 2 lil boys I was thinking that I should be practical and get something like the Favorite PM or MM. Do you ladies have any suggestions of a good cross body bag that will hold up for a busy mom?

Speedy B 25
Favorite PM or MM
Noe
Estrela MM
Menilmontant PM
Siracusa PM
Palermo PM

Well first of all congrats! I would take out the following:

Noe- The drawstring while juggling two babies is probably going to drive you insane
Menilmontant- The flap could get annoying, plus it doesn't look like it can hold much
Siracusa- Beautiful bag... but only comes in DA, so if you are using for an everyday mommy bag It might get dirty quick (I don't own DA, so any fellow TPF people please correct me if I am wrong!!)

I think the other choices would be wonderful... at that point it depends what you like. Honestly if you can afford the Emp Speedy I would go for it!!! Good Luck!! :smile:

Hi Guys,

Speedy B 25
Favorite PM or MM
Noe
Estrela MM
Menilmontant PM
Siracusa PM
Palermo PM

Congrats for selling your bag. I bought the Palermo PM and sold this bag 2 months after. It did not fit well as a cross body for me.

For a busy mom I still think that the Speedy B25 would be perfect. You can fit so much in this bag.

I love the Noé but I am not sure it would be the best bag for carrying stuff for your child.

Good luck and let us know what you buy.

Hi Guys,

Speedy B 25
Favorite PM or MM
Noe
Estrela MM
Menilmontant PM
Siracusa PM
Palermo PM
Congrats on your two boys .... I would consider speedy b in damier ebene ... But otherwise Estrela ... But I think DE is more carefree than mono ...

By the way, the favorite has only a flap with magnetic closure as far as I remember.

Congrats with your 2 boys! I have 2 young boys to and I LOVE the speedy b. I have several speedy b 30 (emp., & canvas DE) which are the perfect size for my stuff and occasionally some wipes/diapers, toys, iPads, etc for them, & with a little space to spare and move things around easily. I also have a speedy b 25 emp., and I can only really get my wallet, sunglasses and cosmetic case, keys, and occasionally a wipes pack. It's mostly just my stuff in there. It's really the difference of what you would need to carry and if you are trying to carry just your things or some of their things to. Good luck deciding! :smile:

Speedy B in 25 for sure! I'm a Mom and I find bags that open from the top with a zipper is easier to access. The 25 is light and perfect for on the go! Also the strap is a huge plus! Let us know which one you choose and good luck!

Well first of all congrats! I would take out the following:

Noe- The drawstring while juggling two babies is probably going to drive you insane
Menilmontant- The flap could get annoying, plus it doesn't look like it can hold much
Siracusa- Beautiful bag... but only comes in DA, so if you are using for an everyday mommy bag It might get dirty quick (I don't own DA, so any fellow TPF people please correct me if I am wrong!!)

I think the other choices would be wonderful... at that point it depends what you like. Honestly if you can afford the Emp Speedy I would go for it!!! Good Luck!! :smile:
I agree with you! If I am busy mom with two boys, speedy B 25 or 30 will be a great choice.

Totally go for the speedy b!!! I love love love this bag, I have a two year old and it's been perfect. I love all the options to wear it and I was never a crossbody bag kinda girl but I wear my speedy bs like that all the time now! Congrats on your boys!!!💙💙

Thanks so much for your suggestions ladies! I think there's and overwhelming number of you guys that favor the speedy b. I'm pretty sure that it's down to a pre-loved emp speedy b in terre or a favorite pm or mm. I'll let you ladies know what I decide on soon!

Congrats with your 2 boys! I have 2 young boys to and I LOVE the speedy b. I have several speedy b 30 (emp., & canvas DE) which are the perfect size for my stuff and occasionally some wipes/diapers, toys, iPads, etc for them, & with a little space to spare and move things around easily. I also have a speedy b 25 emp., and I can only really get my wallet, sunglasses and cosmetic case, keys, and occasionally a wipes pack. It's mostly just my stuff in there. It's really the difference of what you would need to carry and if you are trying to carry just your things or some of their things to. Good luck deciding! :smile:

How is your emp speedy b holding up with your boys? do you feel like you have to be careful with it? or is it pretty durable?

Thanks!

How is your emp speedy b holding up with your boys? do you feel like you have to be careful with it? or is it pretty durable?

Thanks!

Both my speedy b emp 25 and 30 are doing great. I've had my 25 aube for 2 years and it's as perfect as the day I got it. No corner wear or scratches, it's so amazing. The leather has softened, but it's been just as durable as my canvas bags. I've only had my emp 30 for almost 6 months and the leather has softened a lot to, but there are a very pen tip size marks to a couple corners, which is to be expected because it is bigger and it sits out a little further the 25.

These empreinte bags are sooo durable and luxurious for everyday use. That being said I do take very good care of my bags and don't let my kids goof off on them(like kicking or grabbing them, etc), but I've taken them on several vacations and stuff and are great. It's my favorite style and leather bag, I want them in every color and size...lol!!! ;)