• V tote mono mm in burgundy

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Since 1854 neverfull mm in Bordeaux

Votes: 16 45.7%

• Total voters

fittingpig

O.G.
Jan 3, 2014
I have got lv v tote mm burgundy in mono and since 1854 neverfull mm in Bordeaux
I bought them in 24S. Now I am deciding which to keep

1 v tote. It is cute , light weight. More office style. What I don’t like is the one big inner pocket is too wide and too loose. When I throw my stuff inside the bag it mostly always goes to the wide big pocket
Also I have Pallas mm. V tote and Pallas look quite similar in certain ways

2 since 1854 neverfull.Light weight, nice pattern. What I worry is the wear in the long run, it is fabric and maintenance wise it can be hard when it got stain or wet. For since 1854 owner.How is your neverfull holding up with wear and stain?

many advise on which to keep is appreciated

E17FFD32-6D74-4442-8B6B-9BBB8C24A953.jpeg

79A1E94E-286B-4F82-95E4-EB6FB36A445B.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the v tote and love it. I’ve used it for awhile and no issues. I usually put my phone in the big pocket so it really doesn’t bother me. I was not a fan of that collection, the pattern is really busy to me …..I know I would get tired of it quickly..

Reactions: LB7
care to elaborate more? Thanks
I don't care for the since 1854 neverfull in that color. It just looks kind of like an ugly carpet to me (just my opinion) sorry to offend anyone that loves this bag. I think the black jacquard looks slightly better on this particular bag compared to the burgundy, but overall it just looks kinda busy.
Between the two choices you received, I think the V tote looks better (more refined), and it has multiple carry options. The straps are treated so you shouldn't have to worry too much about rain or weather. You could always try to find an organizer if the inside lining bothers you. I have a similar layout in my Totally MM with the 3 pockets (1 giant pocket). Some people might find it's annoying. I use all of the pockets. The big pocket fits my phone nicely, but I can see how it's annoying because it does make grabbing things below in the lower part of the bag a bit harder to access. Zip top is also a bit more secure on the V tote as well.

Reactions: fittingpig
I don't have the V Tote, but considered getting it once. I like canvas and leather together, and I like that the V Tote could work as a business bag.

I personally love the 1854 in burgundy (and you mentioned 24s -- I am not going to lie, I am tempted by the 1854 Onthego GM in this same burgundy) and got the same Neverfull you are considering for my mom when it came out. I would have gotten myself one too, but I think I got a pochette metis for myself at that time instead.

It still looks new. My mom takes good care of it, but it doesn't seem to me to be any more or less trouble than leather or canvas. I think my SA describes the jacquard best -- it feels like upholstery. I also like the interior more than a canvas Neverfull interior's fabric lining.

Good luck deciding!

Reactions: fittingpig
I don't have the V Tote, but considered getting it once. I like canvas and leather together, and I like that the V Tote could work as a business bag.

I personally love the 1854 in burgundy (and you mentioned 24s -- I am not going to lie, I am tempted by the 1854 Onthego GM in this same burgundy) and got the same Neverfull you are considering for my mom when it came out. I would have gotten myself one too, but I think I got a pochette metis for myself at that time instead.

It still looks new. My mom takes good care of it, but it doesn't seem to me to be any more or less trouble than leather or canvas. I think my SA describes the jacquard best -- it feels like upholstery. I also like the interior more than a canvas Neverfull interior's fabric lining.

Good luck deciding!
Thank u so much

i like the On-The-Go too just too big for my need

does your mom ever had issue with stain or water for the purse ?

I own four 1854 pieces, all in different colors. Haven't had issues with any of them, but then again, I don't use them as everyday bags. I store them in their dustbags away from direct sunlight. I live in the American Northeast, so dry cold winters and very humid and hot summers. I haven't noticed any color changes/stains or other types of damage on my pieces while in storage/not in use. I did have a mini heart attack yesterday when the doggy bag from the restaurant started leaking oil (why do restaurants put greasy or liquidy leftovers in cardboard boxes????). I have oil stains on one of my favorite dresses to try and remove now, BUT thankfully my beige 1854 was safe. I haven't had to try it on my 1854 pieces yet, but usually, Shout (stain remover) and Dawn soap takes care of oil stains, if treated fairly soon.

If you want an everyday bag, V tote.

If you want something "special," 1854.

Personally, I would keep 1854. I don't like to get bags that look like my other bags, unless it's a style I know already love. If you know you're fairly good at taking care of your things and don't overuse any "special" bags, then you shouldn't have problems with 1854.

I own four 1854 pieces, all in different colors. Haven't had issues with any of them, but then again, I don't use them as everyday bags. I store them in their dustbags away from direct sunlight. I live in the American Northeast, so dry cold winters and very humid and hot summers. I haven't noticed any color changes/stains or other types of damage on my pieces while in storage/not in use. I did have a mini heart attack yesterday when the doggy bag from the restaurant started leaking oil (why do restaurants put greasy or liquidy leftovers in cardboard boxes????). I have oil stains on one of my favorite dresses to try and remove now, BUT thankfully my beige 1854 was safe. I haven't had to try it on my 1854 pieces yet, but usually, Shout (stain remover) and Dawn soap takes care of oil stains, if treated fairly soon.

If you want an everyday bag, V tote.

If you want something "special," 1854.

Personally, I would keep 1854. I don't like to get bags that look like my other bags, unless it's a style I know already love. If you know you're fairly good at taking care of your things and don't overuse any "special" bags, then you shouldn't have problems with 1854.
Thank you so much

I am looking at the LV SINCE 1854 NEVERFULL MM preloved and want to know what everyone's experience has been with wear and tear and the jacquard material. I'm wondering if it is delicate, good for every day use or save it for special occasions. TIA

Reactions: Purse Chakra
I have the Since 1854 NF and shawl in black/gray and use both as part of my work travel capsule wardrobe. Took the NF out this weekend, since it's been sunny...

Have not had any problems, but I am much more careful with it than I am with my canvas pieces. I love the collection and plan to add more accessories from it very soon.

Reactions: Purse Chakra