Help me decide - new wallet or Tiffany DBTY necklace

I would definitely buy all that I can while in Paris! The savings are huge and it's nice to get a french brand in France. I would wait and get the necklace later on, as you can always get it at any Tiffany store. It seems like that necklace will always be there. I kicked myself the first time I went to Paris because I didn't buy all what I wanted. My second trip, I brought my wish list with me :smile:. I have a Sarah in vernis; and though it is stunning, the fingerprints drive me crazy. It's to that point where I don't even care anymore and it looks dull. But I do still love it to pieces (purchased in Paris). I think the amarante color will highlight the fingerprints even more because it is a dark color. I would vote for getting the wallet in mono, can't go wrong with a classic print. Have fun in Paris!!

Yes, I've bought in Paris before and the savings is HUGE! I think you're right - wallet in Paris and DBTY later on...maybe I will drop a hint like an anvil to DH for Mother's Day!

img, am I reading correctly....you saying Tiffany is less expensive in Paris then in the US? I have my eyes on a pearl bracelet from Tiffany and will wait to buy in Paris if it is worth it.

img, am I reading correctly....you saying Tiffany is less expensive in Paris then in the US? I have my eyes on a pearl bracelet from Tiffany and will wait to buy in Paris if it is worth it.

No I mean LV is much cheaper in Paris. I don't know about Tiffany. I hope!!

I believe Tiffany is generally more expensive in Europe, but since the dollar is strong it might be cheaper with the exchange rate. Have you considered going to a general jeweler to get a similar necklace? Although I enjoy some Tiffany's pieces I always feel like it's dramatically over priced. You can likely get platinum with a larger diamond for the same or even less than the cost of the Tiffany.

I believe Tiffany is generally more expensive in Europe, but since the dollar is strong it might be cheaper with the exchange rate. Have you considered going to a general jeweler to get a similar necklace? Although I enjoy some Tiffany's pieces I always feel like it's dramatically over priced. You can likely get platinum with a larger diamond for the same or even less than the cost of the Tiffany.

I was actually checking out Blue Nile today and I can get a larger stone in white gold for a similar price to Tiffany's silver.

Tiffany as an American brand should be cheapest in the states. Lv as a French brand is very awesome to buy in France (I think save about 30%?) so definitely by Lv and wait to get Tiffany later.
Also dbty is not a unique style from Tiffany.

+1

Also make sure that the diamond won't feel small after some time. Most people I know who have bought dbty in that size or the .08 etc. have later regretted not getting a bigger size, even for a hint of sparkle. Unfortunately they don't sell well on the second hand market. Wallet will be a much better value in Paris.

I was actually checking out Blue Nile today and I can get a larger stone in white gold for a similar price to Tiffany's silver.

If you care about the bezel I wouldn't do it. I've been down that road with Blue Nile and liked it in the moment but regretted it later and ended up buying the Tiffany one anyway. Blue Nile is great but isn't able to easily produce a well-rounded bezel. Additionally the loops where the chain attaches to the bezel are much larger and negate the whole "floating diamond" look. I had a reveal thread about this ~4yrs ago. Bought the Tiffany one last year and am much happier about the quality. Also, Tiffany dbty diamonds are chosen to face up larger than what their carat size really is so even though my Blue Nile one was larger on paper the Tiffany one looks much bigger IRL.

Can I suggest something?
Look at this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Round-Bezel-M..._UL225_SR153,225_&refRID=1WASEHH9GNBZQJP7WB8G

I have the exact same one (but I bought it when it was available for prime). It is AWESOME. I have a Tiffany rosegold DBTY and I compared the craftsmanship. I can attest that this bezel and chain is just as well-made (for at least the one I received - hopefully they haven't changed their chain or bezel).

The only thing is that it is not natural diamond (Moissanite is lab-created diamond with hardness level at 9.5 instead of 10; sapphire is at 9 just for comparison). But the upside from it being lab created is that it is perfect in clarity and color. It is very very pretty and sparkle like crazy. Given its price point I wear all the time (shower bed working out) and do not even worry about it.