Help me decide - need to pick by tomorrow!

Um, maybe I'm not the best person to be so practical, but I'd say the down payment on a car if you're in dire need of it? I sound like such a stick in the mud, but I'm serious. The flaps WILL go up, but they'll always be there. Even if it's more, you'll be much more satisfied when you're in a better position to buy one.

That's a tough one! I have both and I love both! The PST is my everyday bag. It's the perfect tote for me. It holds all my essentials and then some. It is comfortable on my shoulder (and not to many bags stay put on my narrow shoulders). It isn't heavy, even with things in it. I get ALOT of use from this bag. Then there's my med flap... so classy, elegant, timeless. In my opinion, every Chanel lover should own at least one. It's very versatile, you can dress it up or down.

Maybe you can try and determine which one is right for you depending on how much you will use it or how big you want the bag. The PST is very functional and holds more than the med flap. Also, the PST is much easier to get in and out of, especially if you want to use it while shopping.

Good Luck with whichever you choose! You really can't go wrong with either one!

I'd get a car. LOL. You can always buy second hand later. But you don't want to be walking on the freeway carrying your Chanel if you car dies. LOL.

But if you're deciding between the flap and PST, I'd go with the flap in a heartbeat!

Thanks for all your responses! This forum is so addicting! Such a decision!

To clarify, my car isn't "dying" yet, but it is a 2000 and I should get a new one soon. I can probably afford a new car and a purse, just not this month. I have been practical and had no car payment for 4 years - so I deserve a new purse, right? :smile: Plus, my trade-in can always help with the down payment.

If I only ever get one Chanel it should be a flap, right?? I'm just afraid if I get the PST, I will always feel like I should have gotten a flap - but do think I might use the PST more. I'm talking in circles!!

I've looked on e-bay, but I'm so worried about fakes!

I would suggest getting the bag you think you would actually use. It's one thing to invest in a classic that you will carry a lot, another to leave it sitting in your closet (what a waste of Chanel and money that would be). Even though the price is going to go up, you may be in a better position to buy one in the future should you decide you really want it. If you'll get more use out of the PST I say go for that. After all, that's what bags are meant for - particularly a bag as great as Chanel.

good luck with your bag! Let us know what you finally decide!

I would get the classic flap. You can wear or it for day and dress it up for night. It is also more expensive than the PST so if you get the flap now, it would be "easier" to get the PST later. Think of the money you save now on the flap as a downpayment on the PST...um, I meant car.

But seriously, if you really do need the car then I would get the car and just get the flap later.

Depends, are you needing someting for everyday, cause the flap is great, but won't hold as much as the PST, not even close. I can put a small wallet, cell phone and glasses in my medium flap, in my GST I can put long wallet, cell phone, makeup bag, sunglasses and even a few other items.

Myvote is for the flap...and if your car is still in good condition, don't trade your car in just to get a new. Having no car payment is something that not many people have....enjoy it! haha than you can save and buy more Chanel's :smile: