Help me decide! LV Pochette Metis or Saint Laurent Medium Niki?

yveyve18

O.G.
Dec 25, 2008
Hi ladies, I am having a hard time deciding between getting the LV PM or the Saint Laurent Medium Niki.

I find that the PM is so iconic and I really like it in the reverse canvas. But I feel that the Niki is more versatile as I can use it for both work and travel.
Another thing I am considering is the resale value in future. I tend to sell my bags after a few years to make way for new ones so I think LV should have a better resale value?

Pls share with me the pros and cons of both bags. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:P

I have the reverse PM but have also been thinking about getting the medium Niki. I guess we have the same taste :smile:

I love the PM and find it easy to pair with neutral, casual outfits. That being said, sometimes it's difficult to wear it with bolder colors or patterns, since the bag itself is quite "loud." The beige Niki would be easier to pair with more outfits.

I find the PM very functional and haven't personally had any quality issues with mine. The only thing that annoys me is the multiple pockets inside. I find this can limit the size of items you can fit in the bag.

In terms of resale value, I would guess the PM would do better even though I consider the reverse canvas trendy. I see Niki's in good condition listed for around 2/3 of their retail price on Fashionphile.

Last edited:
I have the reverse PM but have also been thinking about getting the medium Niki. I guess we have the same taste :smile:

I love the PM and find it easy to pair with neutral, casual outfits. That being said, sometimes it's difficult to wear it with bolder colors or patterns, since the bag itself is quite "loud." The beige Niki would be easier to pair with more outfits.

I find the PM very functional and haven't personally had any quality issues with mine. The only thing that annoys me is the multiple pockets inside. I find this can limit the size of items you can fit in the bag.

In terms of resale value, I would guess the PM would do better even though I consider the reverse canvas trendy. I see Niki's in good condition listed for around 2/3 of their half retail price on Fashionphile.
Haha... yeah we have similar taste :tup:

This is really hard decision to make. I really like both and I can imagine me getting 1 but still thinking of the other. But too bad due to budget constraint I cannot get both. :crybaby:

Reactions: sundreamer
There's a really good Niki thread in the Saint Laurent forum. There's lots of good mod shots and discussion on quality, functionality, etc. I'd also think about which bag might match your wardrobe best. You'll get more use and enjoyment out of it if you can wear it on many occasions. Though I love my PM, it is not an everyday bag for me. There are times when I feel weird taking it to certain places, like the grocery store or a park. Maybe it is the "showiness" of the bag.

Anyways, I would be sure to give it as much time and thought as you need. You will love and appreciate your new bag even more knowing you chose the one that makes your heart sing. Good luck with your decision!

Reactions: yveyve18
I have the PM in monogram and a black medium Niki. Perhaps it has to do with my wardrobe, but I use the Niki much more than the PM. The Nikki sits really well on my shoulders, whether worn double short strap or long crossbody. The softness of the bag also means that it always sits nicely on you.