Help me decide: Loewe or Chloé basket bag?

Which one should I get?

• Loewe

Votes: 83 84.7%
  • Chloe

Votes: 15 15.3%

• Total voters
Jun 27, 2016
I ordered the medium Marcy and the small Loewe Square Basket bag. They will arrive in the next two days. There are hardly any reviews on both bags.
I am looking for an everyday Summer basket bag, not a beach bag. Which one would you choose?
I would love to hear your opinions because I can only justify one ;)
7b1a483bc43c389b3639fb73901d28c4c454ff4a_a0139885_chlo__1_zoom.jpega8c4b0c8b5ef455a6b2ccabd08fb73dca4df4756_a0149474_loewe_1_zoom.jpeg

gorgeous!! I have been eyeing this bag as a summer bag! How secure is the opening?I guess you need to use a drawstring bag or something so that your things don’t fall out? Does it feel functional? Thank you!!

Thank you! It is not really secure because it is just one open basket. I planning on attaching the chain or strap of my pochette or other pouch around one leather strap to secure my wallet and phone. I also saw some felt organizers that have a zipper now on top. But a simple cotton drawstring bag also looks lovely inside.

I like that it stands up on its own and doesn’t fall over. I love that it looks more like a bag than a traditional basket. I haven‘t been anywhere thanks to Lockdown and the cold weather but I think is casual during the day but it is „handbag“ enough to wear it to a restaurant in the evening, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Thank you! It is not really secure because it is just one open basket. I planning on attaching the chain or strap of my pochette or other pouch around one leather strap to secure my wallet and phone. I also saw some felt organizers that have a zipper now on top. But a simple cotton drawstring bag also looks lovely inside.

I like that it stands up on its own and doesn’t fall over. I love that it looks more like a bag than a traditional basket. I haven‘t been anywhere thanks to Lockdown and the cold weather but I think is casual during the day but it is „handbag“ enough to wear it to a restaurant in the evening, if you know what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean! I’m in a similar situation with long winter and lockdown so it’s nice to dream about spring/summer. A pouch or zip organizer sounds perfect.

I have been lusting after this bag for a while and it’s been selling out quickly on places like farfetch so I will snag one as soon as it’s restocked!

thanks for your reply, really helped me decide on getting it now! hope you get to enjoy in sunny weather soon!!

Reactions: Chrisenvouge88
I know exactly what you mean! I’m in a similar situation with long winter and lockdown so it’s nice to dream about spring/summer. A pouch or zip organizer sounds perfect.

I have been lusting after this bag for a while and it’s been selling out quickly on places like farfetch so I will snag one as soon as it’s restocked!

thanks for your reply, really helped me decide on getting it now! hope you get to enjoy in sunny weather soon!!

Thank you and your welcome! I hope it will restock very soon!

Reactions: Cardamom
so a department store where I live was having 30% off Loewe so I bought the tote through my SA! I decided to go with the other colourway (it’s woven with virgin wool and cotton in addition to the raffia). hopefully it works out, waiting to receive it in the mail!!

View attachment 5021484

Really love the colors! Great that you could find one. I hope you like it

so a department store where I live was having 30% off Loewe so I bought the tote through my SA! I decided to go with the other colourway (it’s woven with virgin wool and cotton in addition to the raffia). hopefully it works out, waiting to receive it in the mail!!

View attachment 5021484

I have this, and it is so gorgeous! Really cute! I wear it with the dustbag inside the bag, a great way to to avoid exposing my belongings in the open.