Help Me Decide, Josh or Palms Springs?

ddchicago85

Mar 14, 2016
Hi guys! I would love some input on my most recent Louis Vuitton UPS just dropped off.

All the sudden I wanted a backpack, I have not been into the backpack look at all since they have regained their popularity.

I was on the phone 2 nights ago with 866 Vuitton with a really nice representative who tracked down the bag I really wanted, the palms springs reverse monogram pm backpack. She found 2, one being at a store still open and she called relentlessly for someone to answer and then said she was going to email their manager to contact me so I can do a charge send. Well no one called. Then I did some more YouTube watching and research and thought well maybe that bag is actually going to be too small for my frame which I could accept maybe, but then I thought I hope I don’t have a struggle getting the bag on both arms lol. I’m a guy, about 5 ft. 11 inches and weigh roughly 190lb.

So I decided that since I love the monogram Macassar I’ll order the Josh backpack. Then I read how others just don’t feel like the bag lives up to a luxury backpack and is the entry level men’s option, which I am fine with but I really wanted that Palm Springs reverse monogram pm backpack so now I am on the fence if I should keep it.

I’m at work so I can’t do any mod shots, but the bag is in great shape and I like it and it’s comfortable although the straps are a so so.

I just don’t know if I should bring it back and try to have my SA hunt me down the Palm Springs or not lol.

Sorry for poor photos, was trying to do this quick quick at the office haha.

333.jpg Photo May 26, 9 44 09 AM.jpg Photo May 26, 9 44 39 AM.jpg Photo May 26, 9 45 29 AM.jpg

Hi guys! I would love some input on my most recent Louis Vuitton UPS just dropped off.

All the sudden I wanted a backpack, I have not been into the backpack look at all since they have regained their popularity.

I was on the phone 2 nights ago with 866 Vuitton with a really nice representative who tracked down the bag I really wanted, the palms springs reverse monogram pm backpack. She found 2, one being at a store still open and she called relentlessly for someone to answer and then said she was going to email their manager to contact me so I can do a charge send. Well no one called. Then I did some more YouTube watching and research and thought well maybe that bag is actually going to be too small for my frame which I could accept maybe, but then I thought I hope I don’t have a struggle getting the bag on both arms lol. I’m a guy, about 5 ft. 11 inches and weigh roughly 190lb.

So I decided that since I love the monogram Macassar I’ll order the Josh backpack. Then I read how others just don’t feel like the bag lives up to a luxury backpack and is the entry level men’s option, which I am fine with but I really wanted that Palm Springs reverse monogram pm backpack so now I am on the fence if I should keep it.

I’m at work so I can’t do any mod shots, but the bag is in great shape and I like it and it’s comfortable although the straps are a so so.

I just don’t know if I should bring it back and try to have my SA hunt me down the Palm Springs or not lol.

Sorry for poor photos, was trying to do this quick quick at the office haha.

View attachment 3710595 View attachment 3710600 View attachment 3710601 View attachment 3710602
If you have your heart set on the reverse PS then continue trying to find one while you still have the option to do so and then, once it's in your hands, decide from there whether it's too small or not. Otherwise you'll always wonder "what if?". As for the Josh, don't let the opinions of other people sway you on making your own decisions - only you can determine whether you like it or not - and if you do then at least hold onto it until you hear back from your SA in regards to the PS.

Reactions: ddchicago85
If you have your heart set on the reverse PS then continue trying to find one while you still have the option to do so and then, once it's in your hands, decide from there whether it's too small or not. Otherwise you'll always wonder "what if?". As for the Josh, don't let the opinions of other people sway you on making your own decisions - only you can determine whether you like it or not - and if you do then at least hold onto it until you hear back from your SA in regards to the PS.

Thanks for your reply hun! You are right, I will always wonder! And yes I shouldnt be concerned what others think of the Josh, its a nice bag. the other men's lv backpacks like the Christopher are just not my style. I think I will email my SA and see what she can do in regards to getting me a palm's springs. Thanks again!

Thanks for your reply hun! You are right, I will always wonder! And yes I shouldnt be concerned what others think of the Josh, its a nice bag. the other men's lv backpacks like the Christopher are just not my style. I think I will email my SA and see what she can do in regards to getting me a palm's springs. Thanks again!
Good luck on your hunt. Hopefully that store still has a PS in stock and that someone will pick up this time.

The Josh. I think it's more classy than the Palm Springs, I like the black panels on it. I bet it will also fit a lot more than the Palm Springs. However, you should go for the one that gives you butterflies. ;)

I agree, the size of the josh is very nice for my daily needs. I also love the black panels, goes very nice with the rest of lv stuff in that pattern. I emailed my SA, I shall see what she says. Ill let you guys know what I do!

Reactions: LoVe
I SA just texted me back saying that she can get me a reverse but only as a charge send so she needs me to pay up front which is fine. I think i am going to bring the josh in return it and do the charge send. I can always snatch up the josh again if I decide its the bettter bag for me.

I had the same question, and the Palm Springs PM just barely looks proportional on me (vs the mini backpack look). I preferred the Palm Springs but I am 5'4" and 108 pounds (female). I think the Palm Springs will be great if you don't mind a somewhat mini backpack look on you. It definitely looks dressier than the josh. The straps on Palm Springs PM are angled in a way that you might be able to get it on. However, my husband is 5'11" 200 pounds and he could barely get it on one shoulder.
I do think that you should try on the Palm Springs PM just to know for yourself and don't wonder what if...
Here are josh on my husband and Palm Springs PM and josh on me for comparison. Palm Springs PM is very small.
IMG_1495823796.534072.jpg
IMG_1495823807.469537.jpg
IMG_1495823815.474085.jpg
IMG_1495823835.182000.jpg
IMG_1495823843.902711.jpg
IMG_1495823852.497607.jpg

I saw your post in a different thread, thanks hun!! It'd actually that post of yours that has made me so on the the fence and I can't get a single pm version to try on without having it charge sent.

The pm looks great on you and the josh great on hubby. I wish u had a pic of him trying to get the pm on lol. Torn again here lol

I saw your post in a different thread, thanks hun!! It'd actually that post of yours that has made me so on the the fence and I can't get a single pm version to try on without having it charge sent.

The pm looks great on you and the josh great on hubby. I wish u had a pic of him trying to get the pm on lol. Torn again here lol

You did your research!! [emoji173]️[emoji173]️
It was the same for me, I had to do a charge send to try the Palm Springs PM.
The reason I don't have a picture of Palm Springs PM on hubby is because he was too lazy and only tried to get it on his arm for a second or two before giving up and just holding it on his forearm like a Birkin instead :smile: lol So neither one ended up really working for both of us.
I hope you love it though. It's really cute and well made.

I recently got the palm springs reverse monogram pm and am in :heart: with it! :biggrin: I think it's definitely worth it to do a charge send and see if you like it! When I went into my local LV boutique to inquire about the bag, I didn't even have the option to do a charge send for it. My SA put my name down on a waitlist and took down my credit card info and I had to wait for almost 6 weeks to actually get it!

I nearly bought the JOSH as well. For ref i'm 5'0", 110 lbs.. this back pack looks odd .. palm springs on the other hand has weird straps. Im looking into the appolo. Thoughts?!