Help me decide if I should keep this ring!

Katewin56

Nov 18, 2015
I grabbed this yellow gold MOP BTF ring when it popped up on Fashionphile in my exact size for slightly less than retail. I just felt that it was meant to be, and I was in the process of purchasing the matching 1-motif long necklace (in the pics, I am wearing the rose gold ginza edition).

I feel that the ring is such a special piece, and a beautiful work of art that I would be lucky to have in my collection. However, I am having second thoughts on if the $6K investment is worth it. It is not something that I would wear everyday. I have small kids, work from home, and overall a fairly casual lifestyle, so it would likely only be worn occasionally - to events, the rare night out, or possibly on vacations when we go out to eat etc.

I have to decide by tomorrow if I am going to return it, and I just feel so torn! :-/

Attachments

• image0 (5).jpeg
    image0 (5).jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 97
  • image1 (3).jpeg
    image1 (3).jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 98
  • image2 (3).jpeg
    image2 (3).jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 98
I grabbed this yellow gold MOP BTF ring when it popped up on Fashionphile in my exact size for slightly less than retail. I just felt that it was meant to be, and I was in the process of purchasing the matching 1-motif long necklace (in the pics, I am wearing the rose gold ginza edition).

I feel that the ring is such a special piece, and a beautiful work of art that I would be lucky to have in my collection. However, I am having second thoughts on if the $6K investment is worth it. It is not something that I would wear everyday. I have small kids, work from home, and overall a fairly casual lifestyle, so it would likely only be worn occasionally - to events, the rare night out, or possibly on vacations when we go out to eat etc.

I have to decide by tomorrow if I am going to return it, and I just feel so torn! :-/
it is very beautiful, ff you think you can justify only wear occasionally, don't mind it sitting in your jewerlry box most of the time, then go for it. For me, I would want to wear it more often, also MOP as a ring is too dedicate for me to handle. question: is it conformable when wearing? I tried the onyx and GMOP same style ring, but didn't feel comfortable.
congratulations if you decide to keep it!

it is very beautiful, ff you think you can justify only wear occasionally, don't mind it sitting in your jewerlry box most of the time, then go for it. For me, I would want to wear it more often, also MOP as a ring is too dedicate for me to handle. question: is it conformable when wearing? I tried the onyx and GMOP same style ring, but didn't feel comfortable.
congratulations if you decide to keep it!
I actually decided to return it! Even though I love it so much, I ultimately decided that I didn't want to spend the money for something to just sit unworn most of the time. Especially when there are other pieces on my list that I know I will get more use out of. I was also concerned about caring for MOP, as a ring. I can handle it as a necklace, but definitely makes me a little nervous as a ring!

I actually decided to return it! Even though I love it so much, I ultimately decided that I didn't want to spend the money for something to just sit unworn most of the time. Especially when there are other pieces on my list that I know I will get more use out of. I was also concerned about caring for MOP, as a ring. I can handle it as a necklace, but definitely makes me a little nervous as a ring!
I think you made the right choice. The ring is definitely fun but so many other pieces are easier to wear. I sort of see this ring as a “lady of leisure” piece.
Once it’s on you are so limited. I don’t even think I’d feel comfortable driving with it.

I think you did the right thing here. I have little kids as well and also have a very casual lifestyle. MOP worn on your hand just seems too delicate to be worn much given your lifestyle.

Reactions: Katewin56