Help me decide- gathered or patent

livestar23

O.G.
Oct 11, 2006
So I set my eyes on a gathered tuberose Sophia today and it was beautiful. Then the SA brought out the patent orchid Sophia. My heart skipped a beat. It was gorgeous. I only have one patent bag and never use it, but I think it would be more durable as an everyday bag than the tuberose Sophia. I am so afraid of a light colored bag! I have an amethyst Sabrina and never use it and the tuberose is obviously lighter. I also am one of those people who never changes a bag, so I want this bag to go with lots of things because I'm lazy. What should I do?

Oh and the Sophia vs Lindsey debate.. is the Lindsey too much bag? I have a Chelsea Emerson and love it, I think the Lindsey is very similar, so would I feel shortchanged if I had a Sophia? So many questions... thank you for your input!

What a tough choice! I LOVE the new gathered tuberose, but I also have a soft spot for patent leather. Good luck deciding!

I have a Lindsay and I love it, but it is a lot of bag. Have you test packed a Sophia? I would recommend trying that out and making sure it would be big enough for you if you're worried about that. The SA's don't mind if you test pack right there in the store. I have done it several times.

What a tough choice! I LOVE the new gathered tuberose, but I also have a soft spot for patent leather. Good luck deciding!

I have a Lindsay and I love it, but it is a lot of bag. Have you test packed a Sophia? I would recommend trying that out and making sure it would be big enough for you if you're worried about that. The SA's don't mind if you test pack right there in the store. I have done it several times.

I tried it quickly this morning with a Sophia and all my essentials fit. I couldn't help but feel as though it looked like a Lindsey with its legs cut off... I know, it's strange. I do think it would be sufficient space though.

It almost looks like the crimson Sophia. Hmmm... Tough choice. I don't think color transfer would be an issue for the patent orchid right? It looks pretty dark to me. But the tuberose Sophia is tdf!! That's the only pink bag I would ever consider wearing.

So here is my question to you. Since you don't switch bags often which color will go with your wardrobe more? I'd go with that. Hth!

Orchid all the way! I am a huge fan of the gathered leather, but I'm not into light pink and I think this color may need to much babying. The color on the orchid, along with the shimmer, looks heavenly!

Since I'm afraid of getting my purses dirty or dye transfer I would go for the orchid. It happened to once and never again, but it wasn't a Coach purse. I still don't want to deal with the heart break again.

My wardrobe would probably support the orchid better than the tuberose, so this will be a good thing. The tuberose is so pretty though! Maybe someday I can get both. :smile:

Thank you everyone for your input! It looks like the Orchid is the winner. So should I make a beeline to the store for it? I'm hoping to get a PCE or at least a discount from the store I usually go to. The bag is in a different store that I don't frequent. (well, in all honesty I haven't frequented either lately). Someone told me they'd maybe do a first time customer discount but I don't even begin to know how to ask for that...

I don't usually personally care for the smooth patents...but the color of that bag is TDF and since the tuberose did not make your heart skip a beat I think you should follow your heart!

My wardrobe would probably support the orchid better than the tuberose, so this will be a good thing. The tuberose is so pretty though! Maybe someday I can get both. :smile:

Thank you everyone for your input! It looks like the Orchid is the winner. So should I make a beeline to the store for it? I'm hoping to get a PCE or at least a discount from the store I usually go to. The bag is in a different store that I don't frequent. (well, in all honesty I haven't frequented either lately). Someone told me they'd maybe do a first time customer discount but I don't even begin to know how to ask for that...

Honestly just ask...its worth it. Most stores will let you use it if you bring it up