Help me decide - Chloe Hudson vs Gucci

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi ladies, I was hoping for some help with my little dilemma. :smile:

I bought these two bags and can't decide which one to keep, I got them both at a discount, so I want to be sure, before returning and then having to rebuy at a higher price.
    I really like the Chloe Hudson, because I think it is a perfect summer bag, it works well with the whole laid-back and more boho style I usually wear in the summer, but I don't know if I will still like it in years to come or if I am just caught up in the hype..
    I really want to take it with me on a trip to Marrakech I might be going on, because I feel like it would be the perfect size and aesthetic, but I don't think that is a good enough reason to keep it..

On the other hand, the Gucci one is a bit of a departure for me, since I am not really into prints, but love this one, although who knows for how long I will like the monogram. It would however fit better with my style year round, I wear a lot of black and white, feminine but structured pieces.

Also I want to save up for a new boy bag and returning one of these bags would definitely help;):P

Thank you so much for helping me out and I can't wait to hear your input:smile:
    (Sorry for any mistakes, English is not my first language & Pictures from net-a-porter.com)

Attached Files:

2. These two are very, very different bags. So it's really hard to compare them.

In terms of going outdated, hmm....you're on the Chloe forum, so I'd say the Chloe Hudson style will stick around for quite a while. I'm biased. Look how long the Paraty has been around and will continue to do so. It's iconic. But this is not my top choice of color for it. And as you say, it's more limiting and you won't be able to wear it all year round. If I were you, I'd exchange it for the caramel color (casual and very hobo chic) or the sienna red (sexy, yet subtle enough to blend into your wardrobe). With these 2 colors, you get use out of it all through the year.

Having said that, as much as I think the new Gucci prints are funky and cute, and you can wear it all year round. This print (I feel) will be quite dated soon enough. Just like the limited edition prints for Louis Vuition. You'll know exactly what year it came out. So if that bothers you,...then....

Just my 2 cents. No. I'm no help here. Hahaha.:smile::smile::smile:

Attached Files:

YellowBuggie likes this.

3. Thank you so much for your thoughts!
    Yes they are really different, that's why I am really having trouble deciding and had to enlist reenforcement;)
    I really love the red color you posted! And I never thought about the comparison with the seasonal LVs and although I don't care if you can see what year/season the bag is from, it is true that most of them look dated now!
    So maybe I will return both until I find one that is perfect, since I usually go by I don't know means no, but I really like the style of the Chloe bag, so maybe the red one really is a better choice- thank you![emoji4][emoji106]🏻[emoji8]

4. I have a Hudson bag as well so I'm biased but I'd keep the Hudson. It seems to fit your style better and it's a great bag, especially if you like to wear crossbody as it's one of the most comfortable crossbody bags I've ever worn. Also you picked a nice neutral color that is great for your Summer trip too.

I have 2 Chanel boy bags as well and just wanted to mention they're one of my favorite Chanel styles too!

Best of luck making your decision :smile:

5. I def know what you mean! The hudson would be PERFECT for Marrakech. I'm actually thinking about buying one for my Croatia trip! I, too, wear a lot of b/w/neutrals and was unsure of how much use I would get out of the hudson. On the other hand, I think the juxtaposition of the boho bag and a structured blazer looks really cool.

The gucci bag is totally beautiful. I love the print, as well. But I don't know if I like it because it is fresh and new. If I were to buy it, would I love it after it's been hanging out in my closet for a few months? I can't say.

I don't know if this was any help.
    Good luck with your decisions!

6. Thank you:smile: yes I love wearing crossbody bags and since I am not that tall the Gucci one hangs a bit low on my body and now that you say that the Hudson is so comfortable I am really leaning towards it, because comfort is so important to me when buying bags, since they otherwise just sit in the closet.

Thank you again and yay for the Chanel boy love[emoji4][emoji173]️

7. Yes it definitely helps! I haven't thought about wearing it with more structured pieces, but you are right it would look great.
    And yes I share your doubts about the novelty of the Gucci one.
    But that is almost a problem I have with both bags, both Gucci and Chloe are very hyped right now, so although I do love the look of them I hope I am not just falling prey to clever marketing;)
    Thanks a lot for your two cents!

8. Hands down the Hudson in either tan or red!!! This style is more classic to me as opposed to the Gucci.

9. I was debating about the Hudson recently and decided on the small size. I love it- I think it's such a beautifully crafted bag. And the small holds a good amount. I originally got the mini but it was too small. I would choose the Hudson over the Gucci- I think the Gucci is unique but too trendy to be a classic. Still if you love it who cares! ;)

As for the color of the hudson- I almost got the beige. It's absolutely gorgeous, but I was too worried about maintaining it. For beauty alone id choose beige, for practicality I'd choose tan. It's beautiful too and will be a great color year round. In any case you'll end up with a lovely bag!

10. Ok ladies, thank you for your help I think I now know what to do;) I will keep the Hudson, maybe look at some other colors and if the Gucci is really meant to be I will be able to get it on sale! Thanks so much for your input and helping me make this decision :hugs:

11. Yeah, give it a little time. Best of luck.

12. I prefer the hudson! however i don't think it's wise to buy a bag just for a trip cos I did that with a balenciaga but I regretted it all cos the trip didn't happen. now the bag is just sitting in my closet ��

Then again it sounds like you have a boho summer look locked down during summer so the Hudson might come in handy after all. have you considered the Georgia? the shape is similar, just wider but no tassels ��

13. So happy to hear you're keeping the Hudson!!! I don't think you'll regret it...Congrats!!!

14. Hudson in leather with all these braiding and nice details.

15. Chloe Hudson gets my vote - love that bag! Love the leather. Not a big fan of Gucci prints...