Help me decide!! Chanel XXL or Chanel Deuville

mlitmo

O.G.
Jan 9, 2009
Guys! I ordered the new XXL flap. It’s not as large as the old one, so i love that it can be used everyday, but still great for traveling. The original plan was to sell my maxi black for the XXL since I have a few jumbos, but I can’t do it. The maxi and XXL serve different purposes. In addition to the XXL I’ve also been wanting a pink deuville and just found one. Haven’t purchased yet but I’m tempted. I’ve tried the beige deuville on and wasn’t a fan, but I think the pink is so cute. Which one would you guys do???

AC9AB3A1-57BA-4C26-A31C-BF8260D5F5CC.jpeg

0243D6C8-A4E1-422F-908F-344F6475EF90.jpeg

905EB35B-06DC-41D9-B20E-E2ACC8394D76.jpeg

5408BF21-341B-4563-AF16-825337C05B12.png

They are just so different. I have a maxi and the xxl flap, and I love them both. The softness of the xxl just makes it such a light, easy to use bag for every day if you like big bags, and it's just so classy. The deauville tote is great, but I think the pink will really restrict you to wearing it for spring or summer, while the xxl flap is a year round bag.

I saw both in person recently. The XXL is really large however, it can be used for multiple purposes (travel, errands, possibly work). The Deauville is more of a casual bag (beach, parks, errands etc.). I think they are very different and one cannot compare.

Guys! I ordered the new XXL flap. It’s not as large as the old one, so i love that it can be used everyday, but still great for traveling. The original plan was to sell my maxi black for the XXL since I have a few jumbos, but I can’t do it. The maxi and XXL serve different purposes. In addition to the XXL I’ve also been wanting a pink deuville and just found one. Haven’t purchased yet but I’m tempted. I’ve tried the beige deuville on and wasn’t a fan, but I think the pink is so cute. Which one would you guys do???

View attachment 4847158

View attachment 4847159

View attachment 4847160

View attachment 4847161
the XXL is a beauty on it's own.. I think you can pair it casual like how you are dressed in or with dresses or even for work.. It is so versatile. How is the pricing compared to the classic flaps?

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags

View attachment 4847158

View attachment 4847159

View attachment 4847160

View attachment 4847161

I have a maxi, an XXL and many deauvilles. I would say the XXL is only for travel, its far too large for everyday. You already have a maxi and thats more versatile as an everyday large bag. The Deauville can be used for everything. I bought them a diaper bags but I now use them for everything including travel as they are super practical - light, easy to use and they go with everything. Its a different look as they are more casual and I don't wear it as my sole bag - it will be my carry along that I keep my baby's things in, my heavy work items like laptops/ipads. I think they are so different that you can really have both. But having all three - the Deauville is my most used, followed by maxi and the XXL only comes out when I fly or travel long distance. Having said that if I was forced to keep just one of the 3 - I would keep the XXL as in my eyes it's iconic and special - the Deauville is nothing special really to look at (just incredibly practical) and the maxi shape is classic but a lot less so than the jumbo. The XXL is also not always available and I didn't purchase when it first came out and regretted it and waited a few seasons for my perfect combination to come in (black and GHW).

Reactions: mlitmo
I think the XXL is way harder to get than the Deauville! They always sell out really fast. Deauvilles are easier to get from what i have seen. I also think that the XXL is very interesting, because the chanel flap bag design has a gotten a total casual makeover with the size, shape and leather they used on it. So my vote: Keep Maxi and XXL, Deauville is cheaper and even if it will slightly increase in price, it will be less, because of its original price.