Help me decide between vintage or new

sohsoh

Jun 9, 2012
Hello all,

I'm actually pretty new to tpf :P but not new to the handbag world. And for the past few days I've been so conflicted between which LV bag I should buy.

It'll also be the first LV i purchase for myself :biggrin:

Back in August, I actually recieved a Speedy 35 in Azur for a belated birthday present from DBF, but of course, I realized I treat my bags pretty badly (Read: Chocolate stained Gucci Sukey) so I decided to return it 2 days later and buy a Prada Saffiano Lux Tote. But deep inside, I stilled craved for a white LV.

Now that I got a trip coming up, I've been in a major bag shopping spree, and now I can't decide which bag should I go with.

I tried the Azur Neverfull GM at my local saks, and I thought I really wanted one :biggrin: but DBF stated that the leather didn't seem as soft as it used to be when his mom was in her LV phase, so I passed and settled for a classic chanel jumbo instead.

NOW 2 weeks later, I decided that I will buy myself an LV bag just so I would stop driving myself crazy. The problem is, deciding to go with which LV bag.

The Azur Neverfull GM which is what I've been wanting for the past weeks. :love: Or go with one of my HGs, the vintage 2003 Limited Edition Cherry Blossom Griotte :loveeyes:

Or should I go with a vintage Neverfull also, trying to find that soft leather. I'm so confused @___@ Please Help!

Attachments

• lvn120306k__10_1_2.jpg
    lvn120306k__10_1_2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 268
  • SBlYVS37U69yYQF.jpg
    SBlYVS37U69yYQF.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 267
Oooooh :loveeyes: that vintage (2003 being vintage is funny to me lol) clutch is gorgeous! If is one of your HG bags then I say go for it! The Neverfull will always be there.

Btw, I'm in the market for a GM Azur Neverfull too!!

I really like the Azur NF....For me it would be a more functional bag....it all depends on how you want to use the bag...I think the clutch is really cute too and if it is your HG bag, you should get that......I'm looking to get a DE NF too! I always prefer newer preloved or new rather than vintage....

Oooooh :loveeyes: that vintage (2003 being vintage is funny to me lol) clutch is gorgeous! If is one of your HG bags then I say go for it! The Neverfull will always be there.

Btw, I'm in the market for a GM Azur Neverfull too!!

Well it is technically 10 years old :P but I think so to! But I keep thinking to myself would I use it or not. I'm worried that if I buy it, it'll just be a museum piece for me to stare at. :P

Its something about the Azur Neverfull GM that makes it look better than the other ones :biggrin: maybe cause I wear black so much it pops when I try it on in stores.:cool:

I'd get the new NF -- it will be clean and pristine and you'll have the "LV experience" in buying it!!

I was thinking that, haha~ my "LV experience" will be one of my walking into saks, saying I'll take that, and then walk out all giddy :biggrin: But then clean and pristine won't remain so clean cause I just get so messy :sweatdrop:

I really like the Azur NF....For me it would be a more functional bag....it all depends on how you want to use the bag...I think the clutch is really cute too and if it is your HG bag, you should get that......I'm looking to get a DE NF too! I always prefer newer preloved or new rather than vintage....

I've actually never bought a pre-loved bag, so it'll be experience itself. I'm one of those people that will try on a billion bags in a store, walk around the mall, and right before I leave, go right back and purchase the first bag I tried on because I can't get it out of my head. Impulsive buyer I am :S I'm leaning towards just jumping the band wagon and getting the NF seeing how much use I'll get out of it.

Hello all,

I'm actually pretty new to tpf :P but not new to the handbag world. And for the past few days I've been so conflicted between which LV bag I should buy.

It'll also be the first LV i purchase for myself :biggrin:

Back in August, I actually recieved a Speedy 35 in Azur for a belated birthday present from DBF, but of course, I realized I treat my bags pretty badly (Read: Chocolate stained Gucci Sukey) so I decided to return it 2 days later and buy a Prada Saffiano Lux Tote. But deep inside, I stilled craved for a white LV.

Now that I got a trip coming up, I've been in a major bag shopping spree, and now I can't decide which bag should I go with.

I tried the Azur Neverfull GM at my local saks, and I thought I really wanted one :biggrin: but DBF stated that the leather didn't seem as soft as it used to be when his mom was in her LV phase, so I passed and settled for a classic chanel jumbo instead.

NOW 2 weeks later, I decided that I will buy myself an LV bag just so I would stop driving myself crazy. The problem is, deciding to go with which LV bag.

The Azur Neverfull GM which is what I've been wanting for the past weeks. :love: Or go with one of my HGs, the vintage 2003 Limited Edition Cherry Blossom Griotte :loveeyes:

Or should I go with a vintage Neverfull also, trying to find that soft leather. I'm so confused @___@ Please Help!

:dots: you call buying a bag 4 times the price of the LV, settling?

Go with the Neverfull. It will get way more use than the other option. Not to mention Azur is GORGEOUS! And the Vachetta will soften with time. It's always pretty stiff when new. Good luck!

Well it is technically 10 years old :P but I think so to! But I keep thinking to myself would I use it or not. I'm worried that if I buy it, it'll just be a museum piece for me to stare at. :P

Its something about the Azur Neverfull GM that makes it look better than the other ones :biggrin: maybe cause I wear black so much it pops when I try it on in stores.:cool:

I was thinking that, haha~ my "LV experience" will be one of my walking into saks, saying I'll take that, and then walk out all giddy :biggrin: But then clean and pristine won't remain so clean cause I just get so messy :sweatdrop:

I've actually never bought a pre-loved bag, so it'll be experience itself. I'm one of those people that will try on a billion bags in a store, walk around the mall, and right before I leave, go right back and purchase the first bag I tried on because I can't get it out of my head. Impulsive buyer I am :S I'm leaning towards just jumping the band wagon and getting the NF seeing how much use I'll get out of it.

I'm like that too! Which location do you go to? I used to not like them because they were so common but I bought a like new preloved GM and loved the bag...now I can't get the bag out of my head too! The GM was way too big for me but knew it was a bag that I wanted!!

:dots: you call buying a bag 4 times the price of the LV, settling?

Setting for me is buying something and then wishing I still bought the other item also and DBF the whole time as telling me in chinese how quality went down in LV, so in a way it's settling cause I still wasn't satisfied :Push:

lol 2003 is the year I first fell in love with LV, so I always think of it as vintage too!

If you don't think you'll use it very often, but it'll still be on the back of your mind as an HG bag, then I say go for it so you can cross it off your list. But if you want something for everyday use, then go for the Neverfull. I recently got my HG LV clutch (Limelight) and although I don't use it very much, I'm glad it's mine :biggrin: Now it's time for me to move on to the Neverfull.

Either way it's a tough decision. Good luck, and let us know which you pick!!!

Go with the Neverfull. It will get way more use than the other option. Not to mention Azur is GORGEOUS! And the Vachetta will soften with time. It's always pretty stiff when new. Good luck!
Is it really? I love my friend's LV bags cause they look so lush and soft, but when I tried on one in the store, it just felt stiff :sad: if they age with time, then i'll get good use out of the bag trying to make it soft by making it my everyday bag then :biggrin:

I LOVE the Azur Neverfull so I cannot give you an unbiased opinion! Neverfull all the way!
:P we're all never unbiased on our opinions.

I'm like that too! Which location do you go to? I used to not like them because they were so common but I bought a like new preloved GM and loved the bag...now I can't get the bag out of my head too! The GM was way too big for me but knew it was a bag that I wanted!!
I actually went to one in Indianapolis because it's the only store that carries LV that's even remotely close to where I go to school. But I'm thinking of having one sent from NM to me because the one there is always out of stock when I go on weekends :nogood:

They're so common here, that I feel like a conformer, but I still want it :P

I actually wanted an MM, but they were all sold out when i was there, and I tried the GM in azur, and DE MM, and realized that the GM fits me so much better :love:

lol 2003 is the year I first fell in love with LV, so I always think of it as vintage too!

If you don't think you'll use it very often, but it'll still be on the back of your mind as an HG bag, then I say go for it so you can cross it off your list. But if you want something for everyday use, then go for the Neverfull. I recently got my HG LV clutch (Limelight) and although I don't use it very much, I'm glad it's mine :biggrin: Now it's time for me to move on to the Neverfull.

Either way it's a tough decision. Good luck, and let us know which you pick!!!
That's true. But in my mind, I think I know if I buy my HG bag, it'll be a slipper slope in which I'll try to obtain all the bags in that collection.

I'll probably sleep on it tonight, do more research. But 99% chance I'll be calling the SA at saks and placing an order tomorrow :yes: