Help me decide between popincourt haut or Tivoli GM

BacardiGirl

FitMama Runs (and Shops!)
Aug 7, 2007
A beautiful 'burb of Minneapolis
Well, in my quest for a new shoulder bag, I have narrowed it down to 2:

popincourt haut or Tivoli GM. I was wanting to stay in the $800-range (hence why haut is one of the choices), but I love the look of the Tivoli GM and from what others have said, its a fabulous bag. Should I stay within my set price or pay a little extra for something unique?

Haut:
Pros - nice smallish size, cheaper, cute little ball-charms, adjustable straps, classic
cons - boxy, maybe too much so, straps might curl, balls might tarnish

Tivoli:
Pros - new style, unique shape, decent-sized for alot of items
cons- more expensive, maybe too big for me (I am 5'2", 110), might be too trendy in that it will be outdated at some point?

Thought...suggestions...? :shrugs:

Sunshine

O.G.
Feb 1, 2006
I vote Tivoli allll the way!!!! There is another pfer that is tiny like you that bought the GM and it looks amazing on her! Its a gorgeous shape. If you can swing the higher price I would do it. I have heard that the popincourt is kind of a pain to keep on your shoulder. Make sure you try them both on! My vote is the Tivoli!

elle tee

Dec 6, 2006
nyc
My stepmom is about your height and the Popincourt Haut looks very well-proportioned on her. I love that bag, it's so practical! Can't comment on the Tivoli, although I love the style of that one, too.

BacardiGirl

FitMama Runs (and Shops!)
Aug 7, 2007
A beautiful 'burb of Minneapolis
I vote Tivoli allll the way!!!! There is another pfer that is tiny like you that bought the GM and it looks amazing on her! Its a gorgeous shape. If you can swing the higher price I would do it. I have heard that the popincourt is kind of a pain to keep on your shoulder. Make sure you try them both on! My vote is the Tivoli!

A pain as in the straps fall off your shoulder>?

kimalee

Jul 30, 2007
Tivoli for sure! The PH is too structured IMO...the balls are cute, but I hear they get annoying after a while because they constantly clink together!