Help me decide between Nikki, mini Niki & Morning After Mini

pinkboudoir

♥
May 19, 2006
SUN-shine-y island
I am new to RM. I have recently purchased my first bag Cheri(& it's on my way to me), no thanks to desiprinzess718's GORGEOUS French Tote. It was her picture that made me fall in instant love with the bag. Before this, I have been popping in here every now & then but never quite get to buying any RM though MAM & Nikki has been playing through my mind for many months. Now I guess is THE time :sunshine: but I am utterly lost.:girlsigh: I am 5'2" & am a UK sz 10. I carry some pouches(for cash, cards, misc items like lipgloss, mirror etc) & a 500ml water with me all the time. Attached picture shows the kind of things I normally carry in my bag sans my water bottle.

1. Nikki - I love the slouch oh so much
2. Mini Nikki - I think it is such a cute size & would the end would hang a little over my hips which I think is not butt slapping when I carry lots with me(sorry for being overly imaginative:shame:smile:
3. MAB - I like the cuteness of the bag but the height might not even fit my water bottle?

Would colour make a difference? I am thinking Deep Red & I thought it look mighty GORGEOUS on an MAB. What do you all RM babes think? TIA!!! :flowers:

Attachments

Jenny Cadine

Semi-banned
Sep 24, 2007
the Dirty South
If you are 5'2" the MAM will be plenty big on you. The new hardware MAM's have more shoulder room. You can fit books, water bottle, lots of stuff in a MAM. The bigger MAB is more like a travel bag, to me.

Some people find the Morning After styles too boxy. This is a good thing about the Nikki, it lies pretty flat under your arm if you don't overstuff it.

MrsShoeGal

O.G.
Sep 11, 2006
West Coast
Your day is gorgeous, but I woudl say get the mini nikki I love the size of this bag it's perfect! i think it is such a lady's bag!

Don't forget to tell us what you get!

By the way I have a tri-color cheri on it's way to me too!!!

Contessa

O.G.
Sep 25, 2007
I think if you love the Bal Day, then go for the reg sized Nikki.

Although I think the mini Nikki is nice, I find that once you get it home, the style almost seems to shrink right before your eyes, and you will regret not getting the Nikki instead!

Then again, you're talking to someone who has 2 BV's in both the medium and large size LOL! AND I use both!

I'm not crazy about the MAM/MAB....the shape doesn't do anything for me, so I'd go for the Nikki & mini Nikki if you can swing it. If not, the Nikki only!

pinkboudoir

♥
May 19, 2006
SUN-shine-y island
Jenny Cadine, Thank you. I am wary of the MAB style too as I think it might be a little too big what with the base. If it slouches, then I would probably like it since I also like big bags.

MrsShoeGal, CONGRATS on your tri-col Cheri!!! I love the cuteness of mini Nikki...but I also like bigger bags.

Contessa, Yes I love Bal Day. Love the way it slouches. But I am also highly attracted to the size of a mini Nikki & your suggestion of both is a GREAT one...I am so close to getting both sizes but I think I shall have to stick to one for now.

Contessa

O.G.
Sep 25, 2007
Pink, I personally prefer the mini Nikki in Deep Red. It's a sexy 'lil red handbag that I think you'll find yourself picking up more than you think!

LOL....I might just talk myself into it!!!!

tanmon

May 8, 2008
Chicago, IL USA
a mini nikki would be a good choice. but you may prefer the standard nikki because like the day, it loses its volume due to the progressive slouch after wearing it in.

chickpea

O.G.
Nov 5, 2006
San Diego
I vote Nikki or MAM!

I have a mini Nikki and it ends (on me) right at belly button level. And I'm shorter than you, 4'11". Maybe I have an abnormally long torso and stubby legs?

My next RM will definitely be a full size Nikki (hopefully Scarlett if I can save enough in time!).

angelchick182

Dec 12, 2007
Nashville, TN
I say MAM or Nikki, depending on whether you want a satchel or hobo style bag. I guess I was spoiled by buying the full size Nikki first - I really like my Mini Nikki, but not like I LOVE my Nikki. I just can't carry everything I normally need in the Mini that I can in the regular Nikki, and even the stuff I do carry makes the bag stuffed. So while I do like my Mini, it's not as good for an everyday bag for me.

mingtze

May 12, 2008
Hi there, I'm 5'4 and 120lbs. I wear US size 6 or UK size 10 thus I may be close to your frame. From my experience, the Nikki is better than a mini Nikki. I have a wine Nikki and I think the size is perfect! Mini Nikki wouldn't look as good in my opinion.

For structued leather, you would like the MAM (I own the purple MAM). But for slouchy leather like Concord/Scarlette, you would like MAB for it (I'm so regret that I get the concord MAM at the beginning). I hope this help.

Since you already have the day, if I were you, I would pick the MAB in scarlette or deep red.

MayBabe

Aug 19, 2008
U.S.A
MAB can fit in many many many bottles of water! 2L lets say! It's huge and very easy to be organized. I love MAB, vote for MAB. MAM is too small but it's a personal choice. i think.