Help me decide b/w DA Favorite MM and Speedy B

lvly808

O.G.
Nov 25, 2006
I ordered the Fav MM today and I'm already nervous I made the wrong decision. I know the store by me has a Speedy b in 25. Which one would you get and why? Thanks!

LVADIKManNiUi

Apr 9, 2015
Speedy B.
I have both and though I love both equally I would recommend the speedy b 25. It fits more, a classic and can be carried in 3 ways. Speedy b 25 is actually my most used bag.

Good luck deciding :smile:

Reactions: lvly808

MaijaS

Nov 24, 2015
UK
I would try them on in a shop as I went to purchase Speedy B 25 but it just did not look right on me (although still loving the bag) but Favorite MM looked perfect and it held everything I needed at that time. However, as mentioned above, Speedy holds so much more, thus, it depends on your needs. They both are great.

LuxMommy

Jan 26, 2013
Depends on the purpose, as said. The Favourite MM is a really great and versatile bag for day and evening, if you don't need to carry a lot. I could never use mine as a daily bag, however, so if you're looking for a spring/summer daily bag, then definitely the Speedy B.

SSmom02

Apr 19, 2017
I was torn between the two until I actually tried the Favorite MM in store. Everything was perfect about it except for the closure. Its like the magnet was not strong enough or something. It definitely did not feel very secure to me so I would not purchase it.

Missydora

Jan 3, 2014
That's a hard one. I would honestly, if only could have one get the favourite mm first as I hear that is getting discontinued. Get speedy 25 maybe later on. But as others say the magnetic closure of the favourite mm might be a negative depends on the person. But at least you will have one to try out. And return if it isn't right.

Dawn

seriously?
O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
United States
Ahhhh that's so tough!
I have the Favorite MM in DE and really like it. It's compact and sleek and can be a clutch or evening bag with chain strap or cross body. It doesn't fit much but if that's okay with you - then great! :smile:
The Speedy B is one of my all-time fave LV bags. I am still lusting after the 25 but can't justify it since I have a 30 and 35. ;) The only downside to the Speedy B is that it can become quite a black hole. A soft purse organizer would definitely help with that though! The 25 zip opening is a bit small but that's not a huge issue.
I guess it depends on how much you want to carry really. Good luck with your decision!

SSmom02

Apr 19, 2017
That's a hard one. I would honestly, if only could have one get the favourite mm first as I hear that is getting discontinued. Get speedy 25 maybe later on. But as others say the magnetic closure of the favourite mm might be a negative depends on the person. But at least you will have one to try out. And return if it isn't right.
Can't disagree with this. The speedy will always be around. That was one of the reasons I thought about getting the Favorite MM. I have a feeling they are about to d/c it. They only had it in DA in the store and I would want it in mono. The SA told me they had a wait list I could get on but they weren't positive they would even be getting anymore. I didnt bother because like I said before I cant deal with the way it closes. So if the magnetic closure doesn't bother you and you can get your hands on one in the print you want then I definitely think the possibility of it being d/c is something to consider. It might not be there later.

lvly808

O.G.
Nov 25, 2006
Thanks everyone. I'm leaning more towards the 25. I am going tomorrow so I'll let you know which one I get.

LL777

May 2, 2014
I would get a speedy b25. I had a favorite mm in DE and sold it due to the front plate scratches. I babied that bag and couldn't understand where the scratches were coming from.

KM7029

Speedy Addict
Feb 7, 2012
I like the security of having the zipper with the Speedy. Also, the 25 size can fit a lot more than one would think.