Help me decide: 20b burgundy or 19b burgundy cf

NiaMuneca

May 15, 2018
This will be my first Chanel bag and I’m having a hard time deciding between the colour of the 19b burgundy lambskin classic flap or 20b burgundy caviar classic flap. I’ve already decided I’d be happy with either lambskin or caviar leather and both bags come with shw. The only thing I can not figure out is if there is any difference between the colours.

I have not seen either in person due to lockdown, however, I have the 20b burgundy caviar card holder and I think it is the perfect burgundy for me- slight redish brown undertone rather than purple.

If I go for the 19b burgundy cf it would mean stopping the search with personal shoppers for the 20b cf so I need to be sure.

From photos I’ve seen the 19b burgundy looks like it could be the same rusty deep red colour as the 20b burgundy?

If you own burgundy leather pieces from both collections any comparison photos would be much appreciated!

Should I got for the 19b burgundy cf because it’s basically the same colour as 20b burgundy? Or should I keep searching for the 20b cf?

Photos below for reference.

Cardholder in daylight- gloomy rainy day in London
DB3D9655-28E4-4D0A-A486-5F1E10B6D97C.jpeg
Cf in Chanel store lighting
5473C4B2-C03D-438A-A4E6-1BF32129DCE8.jpeg

E0D484E4-DA9F-49B1-BE57-314225D06B97.jpeg

415B2D0A-C378-42AD-94C0-B593144260CE.jpeg

I tried the 20B burgundy caviar cf in store when I was buying my first Chanel and it was absolutely beautiful. I’m not a fan of red bags at all but I almost walked out of the boutique with that one! I haven’t seen the 19B burgundy in person before but the picture you posted seems like the color is a bit dull (?) for lack of a better word — I don’t mean to be rude. I do like it but I’m personally more drawn to the 20B!

Reactions: NiaMuneca
I can’t speak to the 19B burgundy. But I do have the 20B burgundy in the jumbo size. I absolutely love the shade of the burgundy. I feel like the color can be worn year round. I’m a fan of shiny caviar and the 20b is so shiny.

Reactions: NiaMuneca
19B burgundy also came in caviar. I believe it's extremely close to (if not the exact same color as) 20B burgundy caviar.

The difference is 19B burgundy caviar came with light gold hw, whereas 20B burgundy caviar is with silver hw.

I was lucky enough to get the 19B red medium classic (I'm more of a red kind of girl), but between the 2 season's burgundy, I personally prefer the 19B burgundy, but in caviar with LGHW, not the lambskin.

However, at this time, it might be easier to find the 20B with SHW since it should still be in store. Definitely get the caviar over the lambskin if you can. Good luck on your search!

Stick with the caviar, it’s more durable: it is shinier and soft than other seasons though

Thank you-tbh I was thinking of this bag as a everyday bag and alternative to when I don’t want to wear a black bag. My wardrobe is a lot of toffee browns, creams, burgundy and grey so I think it will go perfectly!

I tried the 20B burgundy caviar cf in store when I was buying my first Chanel and it was absolutely beautiful. I’m not a fan of red bags at all but I almost walked out of the boutique with that one! I haven’t seen the 19B burgundy in person before but the picture you posted seems like the color is a bit dull (?) for lack of a better word — I don’t mean to be rude. I do like it but I’m personally more drawn to the 20B!

Hehe! I don’t that’s a rude thing to say, I actually really like the lack of shininess on the lambskin burgundy though but yes the moment I laid eyes on an unboxing video of the 20b my heart did skip a beat- it seems like the colour I’ve always wanted.

I can’t speak to the 19B burgundy. But I do have the 20B burgundy in the jumbo size. I absolutely love the shade of the burgundy. I feel like the color can be worn year round. I’m a fan of shiny caviar and the 20b is so shiny.
Thank you for sharing, I completely agree!

19B burgundy also came in caviar. I believe it's extremely close to (if not the exact same color as) 20B burgundy caviar.

The difference is 19B burgundy caviar came with light gold hw, whereas 20B burgundy caviar is with silver hw.

I was lucky enough to get the 19B red medium classic (I'm more of a red kind of girl), but between the 2 season's burgundy, I personally prefer the 19B burgundy, but in caviar with LGHW, not the lambskin.

However, at this time, it might be easier to find the 20B with SHW since it should still be in store. Definitely get the caviar over the lambskin if you can. Good luck on your search!
This is so helpful, thank you. I did see fashionably Amy’s video on YouTube comparing the 20k burgundy and 19b burgundy and she said they were basically the same colour. But that’s 20k burgundy so I wasn’t sure if it was the exact same burgundy used in 20b.

Oh that’s so funny I prefer the 19b with shw but only because I want to wear the bag very casually with a “low key” vibe (as low key as a cc Chanel bag can get :rolleyes:). Funny enough (except not funny at all) I’m in the UK and the 20b burgundy cf is completely sold out here (I question if we even received it) whereas a few stores have the lambskin from 19b.

Thank you all so much you’ve pretty much made me realise how much I really want the 20b burgundy cf in caviar with shd! Fingers crossed the PS I’m speaking to can get it for me from the US! Otherwise I may have to snatch up the 19b lambskin as an alternative.

:heart: