Help Me Decide! 1st Version Mini CC or New Y Ligne Medium CC

Mar 31, 2009
So, I originally ordered the 1st version mini CC (light seppia) from Neiman Marcus, and then ordered the new Y Ligne 2nd version medium CC (gray) after NM cancelled my order. Of course, NM then fulfilled my 1st order.

It's hard to say which of these I would use more - the mini fills a purse vacancy in my wardrobe and I like the shoulder strap option, but I carry larger bags more often and love that I could throw a pair of shoes in the medium.

I know people have said they've noticed some quality differences between the versions, but it's hard for me to say, looking at both. The leather is beautiful on both, but it's definitely smoother and less textured on the medium new version. Another difference I notice is that the mini hardware looks more brassy/yellow and like it might tarnish/become dull. Has anyone noticed that who's had it for a while. The medium hardware is lighter and prettier to me, but it might just be because it's newer?

image-3373405899.jpg

image-309451902.jpg

image-3344166584.jpg

image-2415115372.jpg

image-3641551188.jpg

image-1927727380.jpg

image-837040570.jpg

Please vote! TIA

I just bought my first cc and I am waiting for it to be delivered sink can't provide input on hardware but I think the medium looks more proportionate and suits you better

Thank you ladies, you all have such fantastic taste :smile:. I do adore the medium, and prefer the second design to the first, so I'm heavily leaning toward keeping it, and returning the mini, now. I've attached a picture I took a couple days earlier of me and the medium before work, when I was wearing a pantsuit :smile: Another pro for the medium IMHO is that I think it can do "power bag" and also do feminine/ladylike, but It seems the mini can only do the latter. Also, if you notice the color of my iPhone cover, duvet cover and walls, you'll see that grey is kind of my thing--I like to think that I'm a much more elegant, literal "shades of grey" woman :smile: And, after looking at many different greys, I think the 2nd design "grey" is softer and more elegant than the 1st design "light seppia."

Thank you again!

image-3737418553.jpg

thank you ladies, you all have such fantastic taste :smile:. I do adore the medium, and prefer the second design to the first, so i'm heavily leaning toward keeping it, and returning the mini, now. I've attached a picture i took a couple days earlier of me and the medium before work, when i was wearing a pantsuit :smile: another pro for the medium imho is that i think it can do "power bag" and also do feminine/ladylike, but it seems the mini can only do the latter. Also, if you notice the color of my iphone cover, duvet cover and walls, you'll see that grey is kind of my thing--i like to think that i'm a much more elegant, literal "shades of grey" woman :smile: and, after looking at many different greys, i think the 2nd design "grey" is softer and more elegant than the 1st design "light seppia."

thank you again!

View attachment 2040168

gorgeous!!

I just ordered this very bag, but the color is called "Fondue." I saw it in person at NM, but they did not have the color I wanted, so I am hoping the one I ordered meets my color expectations. It is a very roomy bag and so classy, as well as classic. I can't wait!! I was debating between another YSL (a Muse, which I have wanted for a long time), another Balenciaga (I already have 2 very versatile colors), another Louis Vuitton (could not find anying "pretty"), and this YSL won.

Hi there,

I haven't seen Fondue, but I hope you love it. For what it's worth, this bag is definitely my favorite one. I have a small bag collection (a Balenciaga City, a Proenza Schouler SKA and a Balenciaga Toen is in on the way) and love all my bags, but nothing makes me feel as elegant as my YSL. :smile: