Scarves Help me curate my Hermès scarf collection!

I would keep Cave felem (versatile CW, looks great with your sweater) and re-home the rest. Turandot is odd CW - I would sell it and invest into diff CW? Color swapping? Batty park can go too.
Ya, I was holding onto Battery Park because it was the so-called "special edition" - then they reissued it, so it was really no longer "special." Really bad merchandising.

I have not read all 14 pages, so apologies if this repeats advice already given.
Personally I do not have a problem with large collections.
If you feel the need to slim down: without looking at the others take out all the scarves you have used over the past year; use these as you working collection.
Those which remain unused could be the basis of those you wish to rehome.
Leave them unlooked at for a few months. Then look at them and make a decision if you can.

Ya, I was holding onto Battery Park because it was the so-called "special edition" - then they reissued it, so it was really no longer "special." Really bad merchandising.
I dont believe any scarves have been SE now. They all have been issued as part of the season or produced in a limited colour for a specific charity or event. When was the last itme a unique design just for a special edition was made?:flowers:

Reactions: momasaurus
I dont believe any scarves have been SE now. They all have been issued as part of the season or produced in a limited colour for a specific charity or event. When was the last itme a unique design just for a special edition was made?:flowers:
Hey now, I just bought a 1972 Olympics scarf that's never been re-issued! :lol:

I think if they make a special edition and it's popular, they re-issue as a standard scarf. If it's not (like my 1974 Amazones parfum scarf) then the design dies with the SE. Which is practical from a business standpoint, but maybe disappointing as a collector.

I have not read all 14 pages, so apologies if this repeats advice already given.
Personally I do not have a problem with large collections.
If you feel the need to slim down: without looking at the others take out all the scarves you have used over the past year; use these as you working collection.
Those which remain unused could be the basis of those you wish to rehome.
Leave them unlooked at for a few months. Then look at them and make a decision if you can.
Interesting. Thanks! I have actually worn everything in the past year because of a rotation scheme I forced myself to use. LOL.
And the problem with not looking at scarves - when I start taking pictures to list, I fall back in love with the scarf. I'm hopeless! But I like your attitude of not having a problem with large collections!

IDK but they made a big deal about this one.

Reactions: Julide