Scarves Help me curate my Hermès scarf collection!

Loving Écrire and Napoleon , you can do these so well and they are both such pearls in the H annals IMO
Napoleon gives you such a sparkle !
Not loving Rialto .
La Vie en Cheval in the second tie looks flat colourwise., though showing the white as in the first it looks fine.
I realized that the first tie of Vie a Cheval didn't show any of the burgundy. It's a scarf I struggle with, but today I appreciated the silveryness.

I really appreciate this and I know what you mean. This is so helpful! Yes, I'm a pretty loud and perhaps overly dramatic person and I am comfortable with that! But I want to see other CWs of this design (still arriving in stores)...
[Maybe one of my themes should be "dramatic scarves" - do I need so many?]
Thanks!

The oldest purchase still in my possession is this Fetes du Roi Soleil, which I’m wearing today and forgot how great it is! Thank you.View attachment 5682057
Love this. Keep.
One of my many fetes venitiennes: this could go to a new home, I think.View attachment 5683209View attachment 5683210
I actually really like this with this color top. But the ?butter golden yellow color? is prob low on your best colors list. And with so many other carnavals that speak more with their color versatility, then I think this can go based on fewer options for wear.
My most challenging scarf: Paperolles. I love the colors, but they hate me! LOL. Probably should go on a wall. View attachment 5683211View attachment 5683212
I think it can go. Again it’s a warm cool something thing. I’m awful describing colors. But this isnt doing anything for you. Too much difference w hair maybe.
Sorry:
the tangerine scarves were
La Rosee 140 moussie
Les triplets
Carnaval/Fetes
Petit Duc

Yesterday:
Traite des armes (2 CWs)
Flora Graeca
Fleurs de Lotus
another Carnaval/Fetes
Paperolles

Today:
Cave Felem
Berline Bayadere
Turandot
Another Carnaval/Fetes
Battery Park
Les leopards modernes
thank you for compiling the lists. Super helpful Since I just found this thread thanks to @Teaforparrots mentioning me. I was trying to keep it all in my head to comment haha. I agree the carnaval can go. Keep triples and duc. Now as far as peach rosee I like it. I like it because I think we all need a couple scarves in our collection that are soft and feminine. For when we are just in those moods. And we all have what’s called a “romantic” color. For me it is light pink. It’s that one that just helps us exude beautiful femininity. And I hear you moma on your comment about not being this person in personality haha, but the mood strikes us all at times. So my question is…do you have some scarves that serve that purpose? That light airy beautiful soft feminine picture of you. I think the color of the moussie looks good on you. It doesn’t look bad w your complexion and I think with something not black it would make a wonderful scene of soft beautiful you. If you have others that you feel soft and pretty and feminine ( like that pink/brown/ Leopard moderne one from laurenad comes to mind then you might be able to cull this one just because you have others for that category. Hope that made sense! lol Love moderne on you!!
next chunk- agree with other second colorway of traites is great. and love all the lines and curves in design. Cull flora is good move. I saw you got the blue so for sure cull now haha. The lotus was just better on you anyway. I cant remember which fetes wa I this chunk. And I think paperoles is one that also can go. There are so many colorways out there if you like the design.
Scarves with white: I think if the white is crisp (maybe not that Attelages from a few days ago that no one liked) it works. Please LMK ! These are
L'Art d'ecrire
Rialto
Les Artisans
On a summers day
Sangles en ZigZag

View attachment 5687604

View attachment 5687605

View attachment 5687606

View attachment 5687607

View attachment 5687608
Love ecrire on you! Whatever color that is! plain white or shimmery. And I think those lines and letters on the white w the frame of your face/hair is spectacular. I like how blydia describes it, there are colors we wear that bring the color ( flush) to our face and ones that drain our face of color. I really like how just the small amount of white on Rialto makes a nice scene with your hair. It all works together Really well! It’s a sharp well put together look. FYI, I zoom in on all your photos to see your face/hair and scarf. I’m trying not to let the top come into it for me. Summers day is doing nothing on you. Ccp for sure if you love graphic. You can choose better softer colors for yourself. Artisans isn’t doing anything for you imo. I think too much white might be a thing for you, for all of us as we turn!! I don’t have the post here. From the beginning. Your first posted white one. I think you can cull that one. Border of white. Personally, I am already choosing scarves based on when I turn white haha. sangles I can’t really tell because your Face is dark in photo, but I imagine ”you” look great in these colors so keep.
And:
La vie en cheval (not sure)
Napoleon (not great, but I love it)
I love the color in Cheval On you in photo. I think it might be a good soft color for you. I like it up by your face. Napoleon I am on the fence. I own it. I feel it’s a classic and of all the colorways it was a manageable neutral gray. Since you can do bright I think this would be amazing pulling out the brightest colors in it with your top, orange or a red top. Or wear with light gray to let the scarf stand out a bit. It’s not too much white on you.
I somehow missed your blues and some others. haha. Let me go pull them.

First up is Costume de Fete, which I’ve had for 2 days. Pretty sure it’s a keeper. I’m comfortable with bright colors and, while I thought I had similar bright/black scarves, I actually don’t!
View attachment 5681621View attachment 5681622
absolute love on you. You can pull it off. This scarf just needs a personality that doesn’t mind if the scarf walks in first haha. And you prove that w your citron jacket.
Thanks for these thoughts. I have not seen the curry IRL. Might be trouble!
Once I had the bright blue sweater on, I went all out with loud—the sunnies are orange even—for a New Years Day winter beach walk LOL. When the scarf arrived I was wearing a Merlot colored sweater: View attachment 5681673
This is AMAZING with this color top. Wow.
More pale scarves today, from the blue/green family.
These are probably not on the chopping block:
View attachment 5684031View attachment 5684032View attachment 5684033View attachment 5684034View attachment 5684035
So I am going to explain my cutthroat mentality. There are scarves that just look amazing on us! Like wow! So what I call a top tier scarf. And then there are ones that we look still look good in and we can wear a lot, or we just love the theme, but not top tier and that is ok. Then the ones where they do nothing for us and should ccp Or cull.
I love Falem on you. Keep. Unique color set that works on you. The second one isn’t doing it for me. I’m not sure if it as someone said, all the lines don’t work for me. And the mix of colors isn’t high on your best colors. and it goes in the soft color pile and I think you have others in that category that will work better on you. Like the fetes below it. That works better in the soft color palette on you! Turandot I am on the fence. It looks good on you. No doubt. It is a unique color of ?sage?. I‘d put it along with all soft color scarves and see how it comes out in comparison. Battery park looks good. I do feel like H has used these colors a lot in scarves of recent. So if you dont pull it out much then consider getting another newer design scarf in these colors that makes your heart really sing! That’s where we all want to be. Heart sing every time we wear.

Should I also admit that green is a relatively new color for me? I was so olive (sallow, LOL) growing up that green made me look positively ill, no matter how much blush I used. And that fear/avoidance of green really stayed with me, even now that I'm pinker from age and a lifetime of drinking. I think acid green and hunter green work OK. Anyone's thoughts?
Good to know where one gets a rosy complexion:lol:

Some blues today:
I don’t think either of these needs to hit the chopping block..yet. You look good in both. Depends on what number you would like to go down to.
Love the pink blue on you!! The second is a red/blue and I liked rialto w the crisp white look on you better so technically could cull this one. And the Rialto gives you the plum color to play with too. The white can cull. Something about all the white. Isn’t doing anything grand on you. Colors are muted too. And I hate to say it but you could ccp the Fosa. Call me crazy but I think it might drain your skin color. You aren’t looking bright like we know you can! But granted it could be the lighting in the pic. look at this one in natural daylight to help decide.

Let’s face it moma. You look SOoooo good in so many colors. Lucky you!! But if diminishing the number is the goal then parameters for what to keep and let go off has to be fine tuned and stuck to. We can’t own or keep every scarf we love haha. If there is a color in a scarf you don’t like and have to hide then get rid of it. Another will come along w the same main colors. I do feel like H regurgitates the same colors over and over in scarves. Not true vintage ones but for at least a decade or two. If it drains color from your face get rid of it. Another effect that I suffer from…if it accentuates the redness in my skin then get rid of it. If it has one design element on it you don’t like cull it. Look for what makes you shine and you LOVE.
I put scarves into color categories To cull, which would create the soft romantic color pile that wouldn’t need to be large. Or like talked about here...dramatic scarves. How many of those do you have? My high drama: black/red Tourbillons, black patisserie, black and highlighter ballade de Heian, blacks/bright pink promenades 70, black and ?? carnaval de venise, black brights oiseaux fleurs. And the bright mountain zebra and wild Singapore are all drama “on me“, and now along with cyclamen Costume de Fete. And prob my bright aquatique too actually! Black is high HIGH contrast on me which is really not good on me, so it is high drama for me. And not for you Probably. I will never buy another black scarf unless I give one up. It just isn’t necessary in my collection because high black drama isn’t my daily comfort look. It’s just for when I feel like drama which isn’t often haha. I have black Tous les bateaux but it’s soft w the gray border.

Do You have hazel eyes?

keep ‘em coming moma. :hugs:

I love @Nomad ’s terrific analysis. I suspect you’re undertaking this effort because you have a rather, ahem, substantial collection. I know the feeling, and its why I agree with Nomad that once you get past the ‘it’ll have to be pried from my cold dead hands’ category everything else should be subject to your most ruthless instincts. You only need one or two ‘serves a specific purpose/mood’ scarves, then a pile of regular rotation beauties that make you feel great when you throw them on, and after that it’s gotta be one-in, one-out. The new one must be better by some measure than what you’ve already got.

I’m getting ready to take my own advice, I promise :biggrin:

Looks so beautiful!! I’m so glad my old favorite has a new home with you.

absolute love on you. You can pull it off. This scarf just needs a personality that doesn’t mind if the scarf walks in first haha. And you prove that w your citron jacket.

This is AMAZING with this color top. Wow.

So I am going to explain my cutthroat mentality. There are scarves that just look amazing on us! Like wow! So what I call a top tier scarf. And then there are ones that we look still look good in and we can wear a lot, or we just love the theme, but not top tier and that is ok. Then the ones where they do nothing for us and should ccp Or cull.
I love Falem on you. Keep. Unique color set that works on you. The second one isn’t doing it for me. I’m not sure if it as someone said, all the lines don’t work for me. And the mix of colors isn’t high on your best colors. and it goes in the soft color pile and I think you have others in that category that will work better on you. Like the fetes below it. That works better in the soft color palette on you! Turandot I am on the fence. It looks good on you. No doubt. It is a unique color of ?sage?. I‘d put it along with all soft color scarves and see how it comes out in comparison. Battery park looks good. I do feel like H has used these colors a lot in scarves of recent. So if you dont pull it out much then consider getting another newer design scarf in these colors that makes your heart really sing! That’s where we all want to be. Heart sing every time we wear.

I don’t think either of these needs to hit the chopping block..yet. You look good in both. Depends on what number you would like to go down to.

Love the pink blue on you!! The second is a red/blue and I liked rialto w the crisp white look on you better so technically could cull this one. And the Rialto gives you the plum color to play with too. The white can cull. Something about all the white. Isn’t doing anything grand on you. Colors are muted too. And I hate to say it but you could ccp the Fosa. Call me crazy but I think it might drain your skin color. You aren’t looking bright like we know you can! But granted it could be the lighting in the pic. look at this one in natural daylight to help decide.

Let’s face it moma. You look SOoooo good in so many colors. Lucky you!! But if diminishing the number is the goal then parameters for what to keep and let go off has to be fine tuned and stuck to. We can’t own or keep every scarf we love haha. If there is a color in a scarf you don’t like and have to hide then get rid of it. Another will come along w the same main colors. I do feel like H regurgitates the same colors over and over in scarves. Not true vintage ones but for at least a decade or two. If it drains color from your face get rid of it. Another effect that I suffer from…if it accentuates the redness in my skin then get rid of it. If it has one design element on it you don’t like cull it. Look for what makes you shine and you LOVE.
I put scarves into color categories To cull, which would create the soft romantic color pile that wouldn’t need to be large. Or like talked about here...dramatic scarves. How many of those do you have? My high drama: black/red Tourbillons, black patisserie, black and highlighter ballade de Heian, blacks/bright pink promenades 70, black and ?? carnaval de venise, black brights oiseaux fleurs. And the bright mountain zebra and wild Singapore are all drama “on me“, and now along with cyclamen Costume de Fete. And prob my bright aquatique too actually! Black is high HIGH contrast on me which is really not good on me, so it is high drama for me. And not for you Probably. I will never buy another black scarf unless I give one up. It just isn’t necessary in my collection because high black drama isn’t my daily comfort look. It’s just for when I feel like drama which isn’t often haha. I have black Tous les bateaux but it’s soft w the gray border.

Do You have hazel eyes?

keep ‘em coming moma. :hugs:
This is all great! So helpful and thorough.
As for the light - the pix are in bright natural light right next to a window, so colors are probably even more vivid than in indoor office, studio, restaurant setting.
I agree about FOSA - the colors are not quite right, but everybody loves this scarf. So someone else should have it, right? LOL
You have a black Heian? Pix please????
I love the idea of a small pile of romantic scarves. I thought that was the soft golds, but actually I like looking AT those colors. Should not WEAR them. I will mull over this romantic thing, LOL.
Thanks again!

I like Summer's Day both for colors and design.

Thanks Maedi, I was feeling alone on my ‘gee, I kinda like those soft colors along with the strong lines’ island :P
Thank you both! I do have a soft spot for On a Summer's Day in this CW. Good to know that it's a problem child, though. Going to play around with different sweaters. And lipstick.

I love @Nomad ’s terrific analysis. I suspect you’re undertaking this effort because you have a rather, ahem, substantial collection. I know the feeling, and its why I agree with Nomad that once you get past the ‘it’ll have to be pried from my cold dead hands’ category everything else should be subject to your most ruthless instincts. You only need one or two ‘serves a specific purpose/mood’ scarves, then a pile of regular rotation beauties that make you feel great when you throw them on, and after that it’s gotta be one-in, one-out. The new one must be better by some measure than what you’ve already got.

I’m getting ready to take my own advice, I promise :biggrin:
This is great advice. And I am going to try one in one out for 2023. I have never so far managed this.....
Good luck to you too!

I have not bought "blush" in ages. Remember when ladies called it "rouge"?
View attachment 5688165
My skin has mostly gotten less pink as I aged, Gott sei Dank. (I still remember a school dance chaperone when I was 11 years old, scrubbing at my cheeks, saying, "don't you kids know how to blend blush!?!" Spoiler: I was not wearing blush.)

Also thank goodness for better-coverage makeup now. As my skin has gotten less pink-y, I must say that drinking has not done great things for my rosacea.

Er, back to scarves. I liked the Ecrires (and wow for finding it in that cw!) and Rialto on you, and found the Vie du Cheval gives you two strong looks.