Scarves Help me curate my Hermès scarf collection!

momasaurus

O.G.
Mar 15, 2011
Help! Please help me curate my scarf collection. It is out of hand. In the spirit of @MYH (I loved that thread) and @VickyB (The Scarf Mummy) and others, I’m starting my own thread and asking for your help. No need to be generically polite - I am NOT fishing for compliments, but looking for honesty. I’ll post pix and voice my concerns (most are about color, knot troubles, or similarity with stuff I already have). If you have blouse color ideas or knot suggestions, please post your own pix to help!

I’m going to work backward through my purchases from this week back to the dawn of time. Please join me, and thanks in advance.

Help! Please help me curate my scarf collection. It is out of hand. In the spirit of @MYH (I loved that thread) and @VickyB (The Scarf Mummy) and others, I’m starting my own thread and asking for your help. No need to be generically polite - I am NOT fishing for compliments, but looking for honesty. I’ll post pix and voice my concerns (most are about color, knot troubles, or similarity with stuff I already have). If you have blouse color ideas or knot suggestions, please post your own pix to help!

I’m going to work backward through my purchases from this week back to the dawn of time. Please join me, and thanks in advance.
Happy to chime in with my thoughts, for the very limited amount they are worth. May I ask, do you have a target number to reduce by and are there formats more at risk of rehoming?

First up is Costume de Fete, which I’ve had for 2 days. Pretty sure it’s a keeper. I’m comfortable with bright colors and, while I thought I had similar bright/black scarves, I actually don’t!
View attachment 5681621View attachment 5681622
IMO this looks great and your (newly?) short hair means you can rock a strong colour, although this wouldn’t be a cw I’d normally associate with you. I’d say Keeper.

Ooh, great idea for a thread! I have long admired your collection, so looking forward to seeing how you catalogue them and your thoughts on them. And, I love looking at scarf cws and designs for styling options.

With this one, you can definitely pull it off. However, in terms of it being an 'absolute best' piece, I wonder ... did you have an opportunity to view the curry/noir/vert cw? It's clear that you can pull off bright colours super well (love the chartreuse jacket), and I wonder if that curry cw - which really GOES FOR IT on the bright colours - might suit you better. There is almost something restrained about the colours in this one, despite how bright they are, that maybe isn't as harmonious with you (on its own) as it could be. I wonder if that will make it harder for you to style.

And I guess I should ask, after looking back at a few of your SOTD posts: it looks like you can wear cool, warm, and neutral colours. Do you gravitate toward one or the other?

ETA: I know from your SOTD posts that you do 'restrained' cws very well, too, very elegantly. This one to me reads as 'on the fence' on you, neither wow-poppy nor restrained, and I think that's what makes me wonder about it.

ETAx2: Maybe part of what I'm reacting to is also that the blue sweater is the same amount of loud as the scarf, and the chartreuse jacket is louder. I wonder how this cw would look would a top that is quieter, for example matching the sandy coral shade, or the dark wine red in the scarf.

Last edited:
There are more CWs of this Costume de Fete I'm interested in! Yikes, in trouble already.
You may regret asking for opinions as your scarf stock may Increase not Decrease! Do multiples count as 1 scarf?! if you get another Costume de Fete.

ETA. I agree with @880 that possibly older ones might be candidates for the chop. I have done that with my scarves as I have got more adventurous with colour and pattern over the years.

Last edited:

I like the idea of this thread. Eye candy and you get feedback that you want. I think you should start with showing us your mousseline collection.:whistle::angel:Then you can mail them to me using the prepaid mailing label I will send you. :P:graucho::giggle::angel:

:lol: