help me! Coral or Red?

merylp

Dec 16, 2010
Hello ladies I need your help! My hubby got me lavender Maxi for xmas I have to exchange it as the lambskin is not practical for my lifestyle (3 kids under 4 years old). So far in my collection I have a blck caviar maxi flap GHW, in the mix tote large brown, chain around beige SHW from last season.

My options:
1. Red caviar maxi flap shw: its a classic, sturdy caviar, I use my black one a ton. Cons being that I don't really like the color red I prefer pink or coral colors. My husband says the red one is much more elegant than all below choices and that pink and red are in the same color family so anything I wear a pink bag with I can wear a red bag with. Will I grow into a more mature taste and regret NOT getting this bag? With the crazy price increase is this bag a no brainer?

2. Flap chain around flap in Coral: LOVE how big it is and the color is amazing. But I already have a chain around in beige is this classic enough to justify 2? Is thuis bag to trendy/young?

3. Cross body chain around large (like Jumbo) in salmon: I adore this color and the cute casualness of the cross body. My concern in color transphere and the kind of sloppy pleats. Is it too small?

Any input will help! Thank you and happy holidays

i would go for #3, I've seen the large CAM in person, it's very casual, super cute, fits a lot, love it. But I would consider the Large CAM in Black, black is more practical. You'll have the babysit the bag if you choose salmon, just like your lavender lambskin.

i would go with option #1. since you already have a maxi and chain around, if i were to add a second bag, i would pick the maxi because it's more classic. IMO is a better investment in the long run.

I just bought the coral chain around and I have to agree with you, the color is amazing, I've had so many compliments and I only wore it out twice. Now, among the 3 choices, I would pick #1 and let me tell you my reason why :smile:

1. Such a classic, especially the leather would hold up really well. And the size is convenient for you as mom.

2. Great color, and the leather this season is more sturdy hence more durable. But you already have a chain around.

3. The crossbody would be super handy when you need your hands free. The problem is the strap is super long and the leather gets rubbed onto the jeans. Not good.

I have to vote for the red Maxi! It definitely sounds like the most practical bag for your lifestyle, and I think you'll really love the red once you have it and start wearing it. You already have one chain around flap, and the salmon is too prone to color transfer. Good luck with your decision! I hope you choose the red Maxi :smile:

The coral chain around flap is larger than a Maxi! Sorry it wasn't clear in my description. I agree w u ladies I feel like the crossbody chain around in salmon will get dirty too quickly. So now its between Classic flap in red and chain around maxi in coral. Sorry ladies I should have taken pics. Someone did post picks of these bags on cruise collection thread.

Sounds like you prefer the coral over the red. I'd get it in the color you like better! is your beige chain around the maxi flap as well? Out of the three, I'd pick the Chain Around in Coral. :smile:

I'm abstaining from voting but am chiming in to say:
1) don't fear lambskin
2) pretreat lambskin OR caviar with a protectant and reapply monthly depending on frequency of use however. It will prevent color transfer, staining, making wiping down the leather with a baby wipe a breeze as in no fear of a disaster.

To the color, I have both coral and red and love them both so go with what you will use the most or the one that makes your heart skip a beat and a smile spread from ear to ear.

Tough choices. I would go to the store and see which one I like best. Don't get the red if you don't like it. You are getting it for yourself not for your DH. I personally would choose the red flap because that's my fav from all 3m However, I saw the salmon in person ystd and fell in love. My vote is salmon for you because that's what you like. Good luck and let us know which one you pick.

Sounds like you prefer the coral over the red. I'd get it in the color you like better! is your beige chain around the maxi flap as well? Out of the three, I'd pick the Chain Around in Coral. :smile:
Yes blukit my chain around beige is maxi like the one u have pictures. Do u use your a lot? Do u think its classic? Thanx