Help me convince DH that LV is "sturdy" and worth the price!!

I have no words, just a picture of my mom's (now my) Speedy 30 from 1990. Notice how great it looks for being as old as it is? ;)

Attachments

• vintagespeedy30.jpg
    vintagespeedy30.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 52
Some of my LV's are over 25 years old. Hubby has always been nice in buying me one for my birthday when I tell him this is what I want. At first he thought the price was crazy--this was over 20 years ago. Now the only bags he feels I should buy are LV. He tells me not to waste money on other bags because my LV bags last forever. If I get tired or sick of them I have sold them to my sister...and bought new bags in a style I like. I got the Neverfull MM and the mini trunks pochette and I think they will be my favorite LV bags of all time. I thing hubby has to realize they will last forever and make you happy. I know people who think spending 800.00 on a bag is crazy but they will spend $250.00 on a bag every other month and then their bag ususally breaks in a year or looks really beat up so it is like they threw their money away and has nothing to show for it. I bought hubby a LV wallet years and years ago and it is the only thing he will wear now. He also received a desk calendar address book as a gift about 20 years ago and it still looks new.

If I were you, I would stress the fact that the value never goes down and they last a very long time.

(Thankful for a DH that doesn't care what I buy as long as I am happy.)

I paid about $450 for my Noe in 1994. I used it daily for several years, I still use it.

The leather is in amazing shape, it still hasn't turned dark, just a nice honey color (maybe because you don't really touch the leather like you do with handles).

so what does that work out to? $40 a year? That's a bargain!