Help me chose a work bag...

Iluvhaute

Nov 29, 2015
IMG_0021.jpg IMG_0022.jpg I need a work bag and prefer it not to be monogram.

I already have a neverfull and I hate how it's always open and I want a inconspicuous bag for work. I need it to carry all my normal things, wallet, key holder, mini Pouchette, card holder, plus papers, notepads, iPad etc.

Plus I want it to transition so that if I'm going to a dinner meeting, I'm not carrying what looks like a briefcase.

I love the Lockmeto, it looks beautiful, but heavy. Does anyone own either of these bags?

I'm considering the Lockmeto and the Lockme Cabas. I'm open to other suggestions too!

Reactions: Stormy C
Well both are nice. But I like the Lockmeto a little more. More versatile and more sophisticated looking. The Cabas seems more causal.

I wish I had either one but I am on Ban Island.

Reactions: Stormy C
I would chose the second one (almost bought it). It light weight, perfect leather, classic style, closed zipper, there is strap....Some people don't like the tassels on it but I don't think it matters.

I was looking for a work bag with similar requirements to yours and I went for the city steamer. I totally love it, not a single logo except for the very discrete stamp at the back of the bag.

I went for the EW in smooth leather which was lighter than the grained and the marine / black/ green handle color combination is perfect to match with almost anything!

I know this is the LV forum, but are you open to any other brands?

To me, neither of the 2 bags are really discreet with the big LV logo in metal.

Would you consider the Givenchy Antigona bag? It's truly the perfect work bag, imo. It's so beautifully made. The Givenchy logo is small & discreet. It can be carried by hand or on the shoulder. And it can easily transition from work day to work dinner.
small-antigona-grain-tote-with-detachable-strap_000000000005226373_f.jpgBGV1MH4_mu.jpg

I was looking for a work bag with similar requirements to yours and I went for the city steamer. I totally love it, not a single logo except for the very discrete stamp at the back of the bag.

I went for the EW in smooth leather which was lighter than the grained and the marine / black/ green handle color combination is perfect to match with almost anything!

I love city Steamer, except the weight! I had Mulberry Bayswater before but I stop using it because it's too heavy. I prefer the shape of City Steamer but leather of Lockmeto

The Lockmeto is so sharp! Great for work, and for any other occasion you needed a more sophisticated bag. The Cabas is definitely more casual, and resembles the body of the Neverful. Since you already have a Neverful I would definietly go with the Lockmeto.

Reactions: littlehanoi and j19
I love city Steamer, except the weight! I had Mulberry Bayswater before but I stop using it because it's too heavy. I prefer the shape of City Steamer but leather of Lockmeto
You mention the weight of the Bayswater and have to tell you I'm so conflicted with the new model that came out last year at the moment......I just found a good deal on an as new one on Fashionphile and came to me two days ago, but its quite heavy with laptop and folders, don't know if I can deal....and don't see how this would fit under seat on plane for work travel....and the edges of the flap top are flaking slightly, like the edge piping is flaking off....I still paid 800.00 for this bag at a discount BUT with these issues....I'm concerned. has anyone had flaking around edges of new bayswater as well?

View attachment 3707298 View attachment 3707299 I need a work bag and prefer it not to be monogram.

I already have a neverfull and I hate how it's always open and I want a inconspicuous bag for work. I need it to carry all my normal things, wallet, key holder, mini Pouchette, card holder, plus papers, notepads, iPad etc.

Plus I want it to transition so that if I'm going to a dinner meeting, I'm not carrying what looks like a briefcase.

I love the Lockmeto, it looks beautiful, but heavy. Does anyone own either of these bags?

I'm considering the Lockmeto and the Lockme Cabas. I'm open to other suggestions too!

I found the straps on the lockme cabas tote a bit short for comfortable over-the-shoulder wear. Have you considered the Boetie? It's quite lightweight for an all-leather bag, it has multiple carry options, and it has a zippered closure. It is made of empreinte leather so there are logos, but they are fairly discreet, especially if you opt for black. I have been asked several times by strangers which designer made my empreinte speedy (in mastic). For some reason, the imprinted logos don't seem to register with people the same way that mono canvas does. The city steamer is also a gorgeous option (which someone else mentioned), though I'm not sure how heavy it is.

I know this is the LV forum, but are you open to any other brands?

To me, neither of the 2 bags are really discreet with the big LV logo in metal.

Would you consider the Givenchy Antigona bag? It's truly the perfect work bag, imo. It's so beautifully made. The Givenchy logo is small & discreet. It can be carried by hand or on the shoulder. And it can easily transition from work day to work dinner.
View attachment 3707345View attachment 3707346
I agree. I know this is the LV forum but the Antigona is really very practical for work. Picture attached of the small black Antigona I'm using for work at the moment (alternating with a white YSL).

That said, buy whatever makes your heart sing. Both the options you posted look beautiful! I marginally prefer the second one as it seems more secure and structured.

Attachments

• IMG_7548.JPG
    IMG_7548.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 1,482
Did you consider the Kleber? I was looking in the Store for a business bag and tried the 2 you mentioned and the Kleber (MM?). The Cabas Tote is beautiful, but the handles are shorter than NF's. The other bag has a wonderful leather and great Organisation, but the Tassels are not for me. The Kleber impressed me, really gorgeous and easy transfer day/night/business dinner.

I would vote for the second one if it came without the tassels. If you want to stay with LV maybe City steamer is better option. But consider other brands as well. Gucci has good ones and I also agree with the other ladies who suggested Antigona. It is such classy bag,I love it.