Help me choose!

Kassandra.

O.G.
Sep 10, 2008
Hi!
I have a large nero campana, a ferro sloane and a large pleated veneta in eclipse. I'm thinking of purchasing a new BV bag and I am torn between the large nero veneta and the nero montaigne. What do you think? Which one should I choose?
Thank you in advance for all your suggestions!:smile:

You have a lovely collection. Adding a montaigne would round it out but you can't go wrong with a veneta either. Since you already have a nero campana would you consider a veneta in another color, perhaps ebano? BTW, how do you like the large campana?

My vote is for the montaigne. I just bought one in noce and I just love it. It is a classic satchel and something different to add to your collection. You can also adjust the straps to use over the shoulder if you don't want to hand hold it.:love:

Thank you ladies for all your suggestions so far! I really like the hobo style but the handheld montaigne is growing on me too. It's so difficult to make a decision!

LLANeedle - Thank you for your kind words. The large campana is pretty large actually (and that comes from a person who loves big bags), especially with use the bag stretches and it becomes more elongated. But it is a great choice for an everyday bag that will fit all you need. Are you thinking of getting one?

BookerMoose - You prefer the montaigne? This is really a surprise!:lol:

For those of you who own both a veneta and a campana, can you please tell me if there are differences that can justify the purchase of both or do you think that the styles are quite similar ?

Kassandra, I'd like to add a campana to my collection and I know the smaller one will be too small for the stuff that I carry. My concern is the comfort of the double strap so I'm always asking campana owners for their opinion. I don't have the opportunity to try one IRL. To comment on your comparison between a campana and a veneta, I think they're very different. The veneta is so flat it hugs the body..the campana is wide. I like that the veneta zips closed. I say go for both if you can!

Thank you ladies for all your suggestions so far! I really like the hobo style but the handheld montaigne is growing on me too. It's so difficult to make a decision!

LLANeedle - Thank you for your kind words. The large campana is pretty large actually (and that comes from a person who loves big bags), especially with use the bag stretches and it becomes more elongated. But it is a great choice for an everyday bag that will fit all you need. Are you thinking of getting one?

BookerMoose - You prefer the montaigne? This is really a surprise!:lol:

"For those of you who own both a veneta and a campana, can you please tell me if there are differences that can justify the purchase of both or do you think that the styles are quite similar ?"
That's what I'm interesting too!!!!

I think I would go with the montaigne as the shape is different from the other BV bags you have. But that being said I dont think you can go wrong with a veneta either.

differences[/color] that can justify the purchase of both or do you think that the styles are quite similar ?

spendalot posted her collections in BVcolleciton thread; she has both veneta and campana [I think they are large?]. I hope she'll drop by here and give us her thought on veneta and campana.Better yet, have modelling pictures of these two style handbags.

I own small and maxi venetas and love them very much. I also love montaigne but hesitate about the straps; they are not comfortable to carry on the shoulder [using the last holes] and I don't know how much the straps will stretch.

Get the montaigne now and large veneta in the future :smile:. They are both classic.

Kassandra- like you I own a large black campana bag, and I currently have a medium black veneta.. The differences I find in veneta vs. campana are: 1- The campana has a flat bottom ( the depth of campana is at least 6") and can hold more than a lg. veneta would...2- Campana has an open top, and it opens wide, so that you can easily reach in to retrieve your wallet ..you can see it , you don't have to fish around 3- veneta has 1 shoulder strap which stretches over time with everyday wear 4- Campana has 2 shoulder straps, that yes sometimes, one slides off the shoulder, but if you hook one over the other, they both manage to stay put.. 5- the large campana falls a little lower on the body, I think it is a bigger bag lengthwise. 6- Veneta has a zippered top, which some people need for security, while the campana has an open top with a dog leash style clasp that is optional to hold the side together..
If you buy a large nero veneta , it will basically work the same way your pleated veneta works for you, except I do not think there as much depth in the traditonal venetas as there is in pleated ones.
For me the veneta would be my next bag over the montaigne, because I like an optiion of a shoulder strap, the braiding all around..That is just IMHO

Kassandra- like you I own a large black campana bag, and I currently have a medium black veneta.. The differences I find in veneta vs. campana are: 1- The campana has a flat bottom ( the depth of campana is at least 6") and can hold more than a lg. veneta would...2- Campana has an open top, and it opens wide, so that you can easily reach in to retrieve your wallet ..you can see it , you don't have to fish around 3- veneta has 1 shoulder strap which stretches over time with everyday wear 4- Campana has 2 shoulder straps, that yes sometimes, one slides off the shoulder, but if you hook one over the other, they both manage to stay put.. 5- the large campana falls a little lower on the body, I think it is a bigger bag lengthwise. 6- Veneta has a zippered top, which some people need for security, while the campana has an open top with a dog leash style clasp that is optional to hold the side together..
If you buy a large nero veneta , it will basically work the same way your pleated veneta works for you, except I do not think there as much depth in the traditonal venetas as there is in pleated ones.
For me the veneta would be my next bag over the montaigne, because I like an optiion of a shoulder strap, the braiding all around..That is just IMHO
Thank you prestwick, your posting is very helpfull for me too! I'm planing to buy my first BV, and I'm not shure if I should buy the Veneta or the Campagne. I think, the straps of the Campagne are a little bit longer? And is the Campagne much heavyer then the Campagna?
I think the color will be NOCE! Is noce available for these two bags? Maybe you know that?!

The large campana is available in bianco (white), nero (black), ebano (brown) and last season tea was added. The medium comes in many of the seasonal colors as well. I prefer noce and am considering a SO.

The large campana is available in bianco (white), nero (black), ebano (brown) and last season tea was added. The medium comes in many of the seasonal colors as well. I prefer noce and am considering a SO.

Thank you LLANeedle! I'll call BV Zurich tomorrow to ask, if Noce is available for the Medium Campagna and the Veneta too.
I looove Noce!