Help me choose!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So, I took my Pochette ameris monogram from 2015 to the store yesterday because I found a crack in canvas. They deemed it defective and gave me store credit. Now I have to choose which bag to get, so please give me your opinion which you would choose and why!

Let me also add that I’ve been eyeing on a vintage Montsouris backpack, so if I were to get BCS, I would use it as a crossbody bag and a backpack.

1. Pochette Metis reverse monogram
    2. Pochette Metis monogram
    3. Boite chapeau souple

Attached Files:

2. Boîte Chapeau!

3. pm reverse
    the mono is too common and the last one looks like ab indiana jones bag IMO

LV_4ever and cerezah like this.
  4. Reverse for sure. Finally got one and it’s a beauty.
    Not getting the boite chapeau straps. Why do they dangle below the bag? How do you put it down in your car?

cerezah likes this.
  5. Hahahha I’ve been thinking the same about the btc straps :0 do you find it easy to wear the reverse with different color clothes? I love the look of it, just wondering if it’s hard to combine.

6. I just got it on Sunday, so still quite new to me. I wear jeans or black pants almost everyday in this weather, paired with a variety of color tops, and it’s been very easy to pair. I wear my monogram pieces with everything, and this is exactly the same color scheme as a mono bag, so I think it’s quite neutral and versatile. Good luck deciding!

cerezah likes this.
  7. Boite Chapeau. (The straps don’t really dangle and you can easily insert/tuck the ends on either sides. In the longest strap length there is no dangling ends. )

OCMomof3 and WF222 like this.
  8. Do you have this bag? How is it in use? Does the zipper scratch your hand everytime you reach something from your bag? How about, have you used it as a backpack? I like the idea of that! And the round bags are very on trend right now, also I think this bag has some cool vintagey vibe to it so very interested in it. Thanks in advance!

V_vee likes this.
  9. Exactly. For me, the Boite Chapeau is definitely the winner in this showdown

V_vee, fabuleux and cerezah like this.
  10. I love the Boite Chapeau but I think it depends on what you already have!

V_vee likes this.
  11. I would go for the boite chapeau souple. The metis has many issues which are annoying to deal with.
    I’m picking up mine (boite chapeau souple) this or next week.

V_vee likes this.
  12. Don’t get a Pochette Metis! Try something new! If I were in your position I would get the new wave bag in black or a Milia PM which looks absolutely gorgeous

cerezah, V_vee and LouisV76 like this.
  13. Reverse PM gets my vote!

cerezah likes this.
  14. Hi yes I do. I am someone who stays away from any untreated vachetta leather in bags. Infact I have none except for BC. It’s extremely well made, spacious and a classic design. I have not had any issues with the zipper scratching. Though I have seen few videos showing how to use it as a backpack, I haven’t tried it myself so can’t comment on the same. I also have the PM in reverse but given a choice I would go with Boite. It’s perfect as a crossbody or shoulder carry. (There has already been a price increase in the same I believe. )

cerezah likes this.
  15. LOVE the PM reverse :heart::heart:. Share a pic of your new purchase when it arrives :smile:

cerezah likes this.