Votes: 47 69.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 5 7.4%

• Total voters

Young1987

O.G.
May 1, 2013
Hi everyone.

I desperately need your help choosing a small Book Tote as a gift for a very special person. I’m certain about the size, but I don’t know which pattern to choose.

Which is your favorite and why? And if you don’t like any of these, I’d especially like to hear why!

Thanks in advance!

E07EAED0-5AD5-4269-8B7F-ED9311709B03.jpeg8AE53250-FA81-42B6-9BE5-65F76C93D145.jpeg19917B69-7F54-4EB3-A03C-DA3B6DD4AABD.jpeg

Last edited:
I think the toile de jouy is the most beautiful, the burgundy oblique is the most classic, and the denim oblique is the most understated. I chose the most beautiful :smile: but I think it depends who you are gifting it to and what their style is.

Reactions: Young1987
I think the toile de jouy is the most beautiful, the burgundy oblique is the most classic, and the denim oblique is the most understated. I chose the most beautiful :smile: but I think it depends who you are gifting it to and what their style is.
That’s what makes it so hard. She’d look great with any of them and would love all of them!! And I totally agree with your three assessments, personally. Am a little worried about the toile one keeping clean, but other than that, it’s a total toss up!

Definitely the Toile de Jouy! I’m worried about the upkeep of the toile de jouy too but I’m thinking of getting one for myself. Somehow I just don’t really get the oblique, I guess it’s just not my cup of tea...

Of these three, my favourite is the denim one. I think it is so unique, especially because denim usually doesn't have so much 3D relief and texture. It also tones down the logos a bit since it is all the same colour.

Reactions: doni and Young1987
I have burgundy oblique in large and love it! It's very versatile, especially if you live in cold climate - it goes perfectly with all my winter cloths. My second choice is grey TDJ - it's beautiful and more unique, but definitely has more summer wibes.

The classic burgundy looks the most appealing to me out of those three. I know they whave so many more designs now. But, it would depend on the personality of the person you're getting it for. Do they like classic looks? Is their wardrobe mostly in neutrals? Are they a logo fanatic? What bags do they already own?
Have fun choosing.

I chose the denim. The Toile de Jouy is beautiful but I don’t love it in that color and I think it works better in bigger size totes. The denim is great, very versatile and the oblique monogram very understated, which I like.

I have the book tote and I love it. I only use it in Summer, so I have enjoyed taking it out as we de-confine.

Hey @averagejoe (and everyone), what do you think of the book tote in general? Do you like it? Thoughts about this tote appreciated!
I love the construction, structure and look of the bag. I considered getting one but based on how little goes into any of my bags, I thought it would look really silly if someone were to look into my bag and only see a wallet, sunglasses, keys, and headphones being tossed around in there. I carry large bags sometimes but because they are closed, no one can see how empty they really are.

I guess I could put my bag contents in a pouch inside the Book Tote.

If you sometimes travel with more belongings, including a water bottle, makeup, etc, then I think the Book Tote would be a great option. You can get a bag organizer for it, too.