Help me choose! Trail Camera or Planet Earth dvd?

Jun 18, 2007
Hey everyone! This Christmas me and my boyfriend have set a $100 limit cause for the past 3 years we've gone all out on gifts and we kind of want to tone it down this year. I'm in need of a little help...my boyfriend is a big outdoorsman-hunting, fishing, you name it. I have 2 things in mind of what I want to get him and I just wanted to see what you guys would choose if you could pick between the 2...gift idea number 1 is a trail camera, you know the cameras you set up outside on a tree and its motion activated when something (animals, Bigfoot...etc) walks by; I've seen some really cool pictures taken off of a trail camera, 2 bucks fighting on one and a momma deer and baby eating on another. Gift idea number 2 is the Planet Earth dvd set; he has said on several occasions for the past 5 months about how he thinks that show is awesome. Well there you have it! If you had to pick between these 2 gifts for you or your SO which would you rather have/give? I'm so indecisive!

I am not even into those things but wow...they both sound like something I want now.

I'd get both and tell him it was buy 1 get 1 free!!!

Is the DVD set a show he has seen all of before? Does he watch the reruns and enjoy them or is a watch it once type of thing and wait till the next episode. The camera sounds really neat. What are you supposed do once you have it on the tree? Wait or go on about your business and come back for it later? Although I am assuming you can use the camera as a regular camera as well, can you? Those are my questions to help you narrow down your choices.

The buy 1 get 1 free sounds like the best route to go to me though!!! I am pretty indecisive too. Good luck.

I am not even into those things but wow...they both sound like something I want now.

I'd get both and tell him it was buy 1 get 1 free!!!

Is the DVD set a show he has seen all of before? Does he watch the reruns and enjoy them or is a watch it once type of thing and wait till the next episode. The camera sounds really neat. What are you supposed do once you have it on the tree? Wait or go on about your business and come back for it later? Although I am assuming you can use the camera as a regular camera as well, can you? Those are my questions to help you narrow down your choices.

The buy 1 get 1 free sounds like the best route to go to me though!!! I am pretty indecisive too. Good luck.

The Planet Earth dvd is like a mini-series/documentary that runs about 11 hours long (I think). I think he watches it whenever he can, which isn't often. I don't believe he's seen very much of it, just a few episodes. I've watched a few episodes before and it was AMAZING! Totally awesome.
The camera you just strap to a tree and it takes pictures and video day and night of anything that comes by..you can check it every day or every other day to see what's on the camera. You can put a memory card in and transfer the pictures to your computer or go to Wal-Mart and print them off. I don't believe that it can be used as a regular camera though.
I would buy both of them, but he was very strict in saying that we were staying in the budget this year...or else!:nuts: Thank you for your input!

straw227 thanks, that's not a bad idea!
deesie I know, I've watched a few episodes before and it was truly amazing!

My vote is for the Planet Earth dvd. My boyfriend and I watched the whole Planet Earth Dvd in HD. It took us 2 or 3 weekends to do it but I loved it. You guys will have fun watching it together.