Help me choose...small Madison patent Sabrina or patent Garnet????

double*domer

Jan 24, 2009
I want to buy a new "everyday" bag. The color will be graphite patent, the hardware will be silver...I'm just choosing between the small patent Sabrina and the Garnet. Any opinions? The price is the EXACT same on both ($358) so that is no help!!! I will be buying between Aug 1 and Aug 9, since I have a $100 coupon to use at the full price store! Are both of these still there?

Thanks!!!!

I would get the Sabrina.. I have the purple garnet and the patent graphite sabrina... The patent graphite Garnet didnt appeal to me as much.. Certain bag just look better in certain color..

Hmmmm, I don't think I can be much help since I haven't seen the Garnet in person in that color but I am sure they are both stunning.

ETA: Just had a thought, the Sabrina has the shoulder strap too so that may be more useful for an everyday bag- having the option of being a satchel or a shoulder bag vs. the garnet which is only a satchel style...

I'd vote for the Garnet.

I don't have a Sabrina, but after a lot of thought, I don't think I'd ever want one. She's a cute bag, but just not for me because it's one big compartment. I like keeping my stuff better organized so I like the separate compartments of the Garnet. I also like the shape a little more.

I also don't really like the way the Sabrina looks while using the shoulder strap, but that's a personal preference. The Garnet can also be worn on the shoulder.

I think, perhaps, that I just need to go try them both on at the store. You have to understand, this is coming from someone who bought MY HOUSE after only seeing pictures on the internet!!!!! (My husband and my best friend saw it in person, after I had picked it out based on an extensive "virtual tour"on the internet...and I had previously driven thru the neighborhood...I was in Michigan, house was in GA). I mean, for a house, maybe that's OK...but for a purse, I NEED to see it in person!!!! ;) (yes...I know I am disturbed!!!!!)

if you want an everyday bag, the sabrina is not that comfortable, the garnet is much easyer to carry and holds a lot, with all the different compartments (organization) personally, i think the garnet's graphite color looks spectacular, it has this metallic shine in the sun, where the sabrina graphite is just a plain gray patent color.

So I say GARNET all the way for every day!!!

hmmm toughie, i would say go to the store and carry them both and see which you fall in love with! they are both georgous bags!!!good luck! looking forward to the reveal

I would say garnet too. the patent graphite is a different kind of patent leather in the garnet vs the sabrina. I prefer that of the garnet. Plus the organization is great. The sabrina is a fab bag too (i have one); and the long strap is nice to have. Overall there is something about the garnet that I like better.

I love the sabrina and think it offers a lot more versatility...it is a lovely day to night bag and (I think) a more classic style. The patent is TDF! I have her in camel and couldn't be happier (she is deceptively roomy):yes:

Both bags are really gorgeous. Do you already own a Sabrina? If not, then perhaps that as I think everyone should have one. But I think the graphite garnet is TDF. If you have not seen this bag IRL, the pics on Coach do not do it justice!