Help me choose pls!! Gucci or ysl

Aug 5, 2016
Hi everyone!
I'm on the hunt for a good chain bag. I was wondering if anyone can give me the pros or cons to either the Gucci GG marmont chain and the YSL tassel or YSL kate monograme bag. I'm conflicted as to which one is a better buy

I love both brands but the Marmont shoulder bag has my attention, it is a fabulous bag. I love the fact that the Marmont is beautiful and at the same time has so much personality. Get the Marmont...

Hi everyone!
I'm on the hunt for a good chain bag. I was wondering if anyone can give me the pros or cons to either the Gucci GG marmont chain and the YSL tassel or YSL kate monograme bag. I'm conflicted as to which one is a better buy
Both choices are beautiful, but I'd choose the YSL. The Kate is just so chic and elegant, it is my favorite YSL bag. I love that it can be worn Day or night, dressed up or down and it just looks so classy, yet glamorous. The Marmont is gorgeous too, but to me it's not as dressy, or as classic as Kate. Good luck deciding.

Im also in a pickle...

Which of these three would you go for :smile:

Attachments

• Gucci Dionysus.GIF
    Gucci Dionysus.GIF
    62.5 KB · Views: 10,484
  • Prada Wallet on Chain.GIF
    Prada Wallet on Chain.GIF
    39.9 KB · Views: 10,479
  • YSL Cross Body.GIF
    YSL Cross Body.GIF
    42.8 KB · Views: 10,420
I am done with YSL. The quality is appalling. The last bag I bought was that exact WOC, with the chain strap, in black and silver hw. It felt plasticky and one fold below the flap was already breaking, I sent it back. I should have known better as the previous one I got was a College that came brand new from the shop with the black hardware peeling off! Love the designs, but the quality, both of the leathers and the craftmanship is just not there. They may not be the most expensive bags, but look at the Disco, quite reasonably priced and what quality. Dyonisus is not my style but I would go for Gucci any day.

I have Gucci and YSL bags. IMHO, almost no brand has better quality than Gucci (and my other two favorite brands are Chanel and Dior)

The Dionysus is in a class by itself. Super gorgeous and extremely well made. I'd go for the Dionysus.

Reactions: knickknack
I usually don't like bags with lots of logos, but I just got the Dionysus and love it! Super beautiful! I also just got the Gucci Marmont medium camera bag in porcelain rose (great color!), which I use casually. It's a great bag at a really good price point for a designer bag.