Help me choose please!

mhwhetsell

Nov 3, 2010
I have been reading threads for a while now looking for a great bag. After posting in specific designer forums and finding it hard to get many responses I thought I would try a more general approach. The bag I am looking for has these qualities:

1. large (I carry tons of stuff)
2. leather, no canvas if I can help it
3. good quality
4. top handles or shoulder bag without a long strap (I don't mind long straps as long as there are smaller straps/ top handles that are an option for carrying also-I hate a bag hitting my legs on a long strap, lol)
5. in the range of about $2000.00 (will go more for a great bag but less is good too!)
6. must be wearable everyday, I dress up for work in suits, skirts/blouses, etc. (would be great if it spanned daily wear to dressier)

Any suggestions? I have been looking mainly at LV and Gucci but I am open to any designer. TIA! :biggrin:

Have you looked at YSL? Maybe a muse? I have the bow bag from a few seasons ago in the large size and I love it. It's leather with suede interior and I can fit everything in it.

Since you like LV how about an Epi Brea GM? You can remove the strap if you don't like it. Another is the new Lumineuse Tote PM of LV or the new Empreinte Artsy.

Since you like LV how about an Epi Brea GM? You can remove the strap if you don't like it. Another is the new Lumineuse Tote PM of LV or the new Empreinte Artsy.

I am definitely considering the Empreinte Artsy! I will take a look at the Brea GM too.

Thanks for the advice everyone!!!

I recommend the Michael Kors Hamilton tote. I have one the black leather one and using it heavily. I think it retails in his stores for 300.00 now I think. Unsure if you are into studs, but I also recommend the Alexander Wang Darcy Hobo. Even though studs line the bottom of it, it's not heavy at all. I alternate between the Hamilton and the Darcy during my work weeks.

I'm going to second the recommendation for a Mulberry Bayswater. I have an Oak Bays that I pair with suits all the time. It also dresses down easily, and looks better with age. I can take it both to the stodgiest political events and on weekend shopping trips and it works great.

I see a great many professional women carrying around papers in an LV tote (many kinds), another nice bag that responds well to heavy lifting. Doesn't close though.

At the top of your price range, I also like the Givenchy Antigonia Duffle. I saw a woman carrying one of these in DC and it looked like the perfect cross between a professional and a designer bag. Gorgeous.