Help me choose: Pandora, Marcie or City

Lauren0404

Apr 11, 2015
I have been thinking about my next handbag purchase and I'm debating between a Chloe Medium Marcie, a Givenchy Pandora and a Balenciaga City - which would you choose for an every day classic bag? Or if you own all, which do you like best and use most often?

My choice would be Chloe Marcie. The pandora isn't my personal taste and bal leather looks thin and beat up when it's brand new, in my opinion. Lots of people love bal though.

Of those three, I'd choose the City.

I love the look of the Marcie but sold mine for functional reasons: One of the shorter handles always slipped off my shoulder, the long strap was too thin to be comfortable, and the opening to the bag was too small.

The Pandora is a great bag functionally but to me is strictly casual so a little limiting stylistically.

The Bal City is great for both casual and a little rocker glam. The only thing I don't like about it is the strap, so I ordered a long one from Mautto so I can wear my City cross-body. The lambskin is very lightweight but if you want a tougher leather, the metallic edge goatskin is also beautiful.

Of those three, I'd choose the City.

I love the look of the Marcie but sold mine for functional reasons: One of the shorter handles always slipped off my shoulder, the long strap was too thin to be comfortable, and the opening to the bag was too small.

The Pandora is a great bag functionally but to me is strictly casual so a little limiting stylistically.

The Bal City is great for both casual and a little rocker glam. The only thing I don't like about it is the strap, so I ordered a long one from Mautto so I can wear my City cross-body. The lambskin is very lightweight but if you want a tougher leather, the metallic edge goatskin is also beautiful.

Hi!! Just read your advice and found it’s really informative. Recently, I want to get a mini pandora crossbody but also kinda worried due to the strictly casual style. What do you think about goatskin pandora? Is it possibly able to balance the cause and formal looks? Thank you!!

Hi!! Just read your advice and found it’s really informative. Recently, I want to get a mini pandora crossbody but also kinda worried due to the strictly casual style. What do you think about goatskin pandora? Is it possibly able to balance the cause and formal looks? Thank you!!

Wow, this post feels like a really long time ago! Honestly, even in goatskin, I feel like the Pandora is casual. It’s a fairly slouchy bag with a crossbody strap. On that alone, it says casual to me. JMO.

Wow, this post feels like a really long time ago! Honestly, even in goatskin, I feel like the Pandora is casual. It’s a fairly slouchy bag with a crossbody strap. On that alone, it says casual to me. JMO.

Haha, It was just once try and didn’t even except that I could get your reply this fast!! Thank you so much!! I’m so torn between these two bags.

Attachments

• IMG_1507729408.878566.jpg
    IMG_1507729408.878566.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_1507729421.542768.jpg
    IMG_1507729421.542768.jpg
    638.7 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:
Haha, It was just once try and didn’t even except that I could get your reply this fast!! Thank you so much!! I’m so torn between these two bags. Uploading two pics about bags and my outfit style, could you please give me any advice?? XD[emoji8] View attachment 3849138View attachment 3849139

I think you should ask over in the Givenchy forum, TBH. I’m not familiar enough with this bag to give you good advice. The ladies over there will definitely be of more help!