Help me choose my wedding band !

1. Megs and I welcomed our baby boy earlier this month and wanted to share the news with the TPF community. Come say hello to Baby Vaughn!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Dear all,

I'm getting my classic Tiffany setting engagement ring next week. ️ I'm not sure which wedding band should I paired with my e-ring and would like to have your advice and opinion on choosing my wedding band. I'm very interested on either Tiffany shared setting or channel set wedding band. Please refer to the attached photos for reference. Those photos are not mine. I just found it in google. Your advise is much appreciated! Ta~ ️️

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1464363555.246892.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1464363626.337127.jpg
    tarana6 and uhpharm01 like this.
  2. I think they are both lovely. Congrats by the way! the bottom picture is my personal favorite!

uhpharm01 likes this.
  3. Shared prong band with a prong set e ring. I have that combo and I love it.

4. #4 May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
    LOVE the bottom pic! I think it makes the ER diamond stand out and prefer not to see the metal on the edges of the band. I personally think that it makes the diamonds in the band look smaller.
    ETA: It would not bother me but the bottom pic does look like there is a slightly larger gap between the bands where as, the first pic, the gap looks smaller. It is a personal preference how flush you want them. My orig setting did not sit flush at all and hated it, so I wore them on separate hands. But, with your pics, I don't think that it would be an issue w either setting.

uhpharm01 likes this.
  5. Definitely the second picture

uhpharm01 likes this.
  6. Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. ️ has anyone of you having the issue of the shared prong wedding band will scratch the shank or prong of the engagement ring ? I read couple of reviews on weddingbee forum had that issue.

westjenn likes this.
  7. IMG_1498953230.687968.jpg

Zucnarf, corezone and uhpharm01 like this.
  8. Here is mine, "3.7mm shared-setting diamonds half circle band", total diamond 1.20CT, G/VVS1, with my Soleste E-ring. No issue for scratching at all. IMG_7594.JPG
    IMG_7635.JPG
    IMG_7626.JPG

Zucnarf and mad_for_chanel like this.
  9. I have heard numerous people talk about the diamonds of the band wearing down the metal in their engagement rings. You can find pictures online of this wear and tear. I personally prefer the 1st band. But the 2nd is gorgeous too!

10. What did you choose in the end? I think the channel setting is my favourite choice but both look beautiful together.

11. I agree with Havanese! I like the second ring more! I'm not really a fan of channel set rings!