Help me choose my next bag please . . . . .

crissy11

O.G.
Jun 23, 2009
So I have my eye on two bags and I only want to get one. I have lots of bags, so it's not about what fits better into my life or what is more practical or will get more use - it only comes down to ont thing:

Which one is prettier. :smile:

I have 3 Sophias so far - black gathered, black embossed, and the love of my life - the one in my avatar - python.

I also have 3 Kristins - black Hippie, pale pink Spectator tote, and turquoise siggy hobo.

So help me out here, I'm so unsure which one to get. Thanks!!

coachpleatedsophia.jpg

kristin18306.jpg

I am a sophia lover as you probably know by now so I vote for the Pleated Sophia.
I love the handles and the hardware on this bag and also love the Coach Tag.
I am not really a Kristin lover so I love the first choice which is Sophia.
BTW, I am also looking to get this bag on sale at the outlet soon.
Good Luck!

to me it feels like brushed leather, I can't think of an accurate description of it, not like suede but more of a felt feel to it. I think someone posted on her that they had a problem with the leather but I can't exactly remember what the problem was but I think it had something to do with it getting wet? just not sure what the problem was.

Oh no girls, I think the Sophia is made out of the same shimmer leather as the Poppy Cinch that I had to return after 2 days - that makes it a deal breaker unfortunately. I didn't realize that until I started to do more research on the bag.

Looks like it's back to the Kristin.

i love love love the pleated sophia! i didn't realize the leather was that delicate. dawnqueen also has this sophia in flint and treated it with the apple guarde. i believe she hasn't had a problem with it (at least when i last talked to her the rain and stain repellent seemed to be working great). are you sure you wont reconsider the sophia? its so pretty :biggrin:

Oh, you should totally get the Sophia! I just got mine yesterday and I love her! The leather really isn't that weird . . . it's not suede exactly, but it definitely has a "suede-ish" feel to it. And it does shimmer, but not overly so . . . I think I've seen this referred to as "pearlized leather" which is probably a pretty accurate description. I just think it's such a gorgeous bag! :love:

i love love love the pleated sophia! i didn't realize the leather was that delicate. dawnqueen also has this sophia in flint and treated it with the apple guarde. i believe she hasn't had a problem with it (at least when i last talked to her the rain and stain repellent seemed to be working great). are you sure you wont reconsider the sophia? its so pretty :biggrin:

Well unfortunately I wouldn't be able to see it IRL before I purchased it. I'm nowhere near an outlet so more than likely would have to purchase on ebay, and I'd have no protection from Coach if anything went wrong.

I had a Poppy Cinch in the shimmer leather and in 2 days the shimmer had worn off in patches leaving a weird discolored look from the leather underneath. I swore that was the last time I'd try the shimmer leather. And Coach told me not to spray it with anything.

Both of those bags are very pretty. I've seen them both IRL. My vote is for the Kristin - that bag is just absolutely gorgeous. The leather is very delicate though. But this isn't about practicality - it's about beauty and that leather just makes my eyes twinkle. And - it's very different from your other Kristins, whereas the Sophia shape is unmistakably the same in each bag.

Both of the leathers are very delicate and not for everyday use, not even the Kristen. They are both beautiful bags, but which every one you choose just make sure you know they are very very delicate leathers.