Help me choose my Marcie

parissmagic

May 11, 2013
Hello everyone ! I need your advice...

I'm planning to buy my first designer bag and it is a Marcie medium. I went to the store and ask to see a few shades. I tried the "Blush Nude" color (a very very pale pink). It suits me well but i'm afraid it will gets dirty (the seller told me it's inevitable)... So I ask for a darker pink and the seller brought me another bag (I think the color is called Anemone Pink), but it is too pink for my liking. Plus, I don't think it suits me (I have olive skin and dark hair).

Do you know if there is a shade that is darker than Blush Nude but lighter then Anemone Pink ? Do you have any experience with a light shade bag ?

Thank you for your help!

Here is a photo of the two colors.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0034.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0034.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 537
Both are gorgeous but I agree the anemone might be harder to work with. I would do the blush. I gave the baylee in rope beige and blush, it's not dirty though I am careful about setting it on the floor. I think if you use some leather protector it'll stay beautiful for along time.

Personally, I'm not fond of the black sealant on the blush one. ): I like that the anemone's matches the leather. To me, it feels like they put more effort into matching the colors instead of slapping on black, but I suppose not everyone feels the same way.

I think the biggest problem I've had is that the dye from my 8 year old jeans still rub off on it when I'm using the shoulder strap since the bag sits low enough that it's sitting on my jeans instead of my shirt. Needless to say, I was freaking out about it. I got some Cadillac wipes from Nordstrom and it took care of the dye, though. If you REALLY REALLY look at it, you can MAYBE see a slightly darker spot, but you've REALLY gotta be looking for a problem to notice.

I'm planning to buy my first designer bag and it is a Marcie medium. I went to the store and ask to see a few shades. I tried the "Blush Nude" color (a very very pale pink). It suits me well but i'm afraid it will gets dirty (the seller told me it's inevitable)... So I ask for a darker pink and the seller brought me another bag (I think the color is called Anemone Pink), but it is too pink for my liking. Plus, I don't think it suits me (I have olive skin and dark hair).

Do you know if there is a shade that is darker than Blush Nude but lighter then Anemone Pink ? Do you have any experience with a light shade bag ?

Thank you for your help!

I think the one that you're not holding is much prettier! Im not a fan of the black lines on the one you're holding.

Tough question! Both are very pretty... Nevertheless, Anemone gets my voice as I like that colour a bit better. Also - as someone has already stated - I am not so fond of the dark sealant of the blush.
Good luck deciding. [emoji4]

don't worry about color transfer or dirt on lighter pink, with normal use you'll be fine. I have light-colored Marcie for years. just don't wear it with blue denim. cleanse it with collonil leather gel and the bag will last. if you need a bag for heavy duty (like everyday subway commute) then any light color is not an option.

Thank you for your help!

I like the color of the one you are holding. It's very pretty!

Pick the Blush Pink. I think you're drawn to the color more. If you buy Anemone Pink, you'd consistently think about how "pink" it is and how you don't think it fits your complexion.

TBH, both bags are light colored so both eventually would get dirty. Therefore enjoy the color you love more! :smile::smile::smile:

The blush nude is very pretty! This lightest Marcie I have is in Nut and it has held up well. If I worry about color transfer, I just use the shoulder straps or carry in the crook of my arm.