Help me choose my first muse!! :)

peachi521

Jun 24, 2008
Hi ladies (& gents),

I'm brand new to YSL bags but I've been in love with the muse for years now... always wanted to get one!!

Well I think I finally found my muse! But now I can't make up my mind which one to choose... HELP!! :lol:

Here are my options (all have been authenticated in the authenticate this YSL thread!):

1. Burnt orange muse, $420.00 - seller says the bag is in excellent pre-owned condition, no rips or stains, just some scratches. Looks a little faded around the edge but I could fix that with leather conditioner, I think? Comes with original dustbag but not the original tags or authenticity card. Link to photos posted earlier: http://forum.purseblog.com/yves-saint-laurent/authenticate-this-ysl-25631-299.html#post10463470

2. Burgundy muse, $700 or BO - Owner describes the bag as in great condition although it has some scratches and a mark on the keyholder. Comes w/a dustbag & tags (asked if it comes w/authenticity card, no answer yet). I was considering making a BO of $400 but I'm not sure if the seller would accept that. http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/lluvslv/items/Auth__YSL_L_MUSE_Burgundy__tPF__700_OBO

3. Wait for the YSL sample sale in NYC and buy a brand new muse, estimated price $500-750 - my friend scored an muse for about $600 at the last one but it was white patent leather (I want regular leather lol)

Any suggestions?! TIA!! :smile:

dbeth

Feb 6, 2009
Wow, that is a really hard choice. I absolutely love both of those colors. The orange is nice, but the burgundy would probably go better with more things. Which color are you leaning towards more?

And the sample sale sounds fun! But you don't know what they will have.

peachi521

Jun 24, 2008
I think I'm leaning toward the orange... I was actually thinking it would work well as a neutral - almost like a camel color but warmer... my biggest concern though is the condition of the bag (the orange makes it hard to tell, I think) and the fact that there's no authenticity cards (I know it is authentic... but I like my bags to come with the original cards lol!)

On the other hand... the burgundy is gorgeous and such a fun color... but I'm not sure the seller would accept a BO of $400-420 :sad:

malsrm

O.G.
Dec 21, 2007
I think you should wait till you come across a bag that you love and does not have any scratches. Although the burnt orange and burgundy are yummy colours, its a little hard to get over the scratches for that price you are going to pay.

I'd say....wait for a sample sale. You might be pleasantly surprised!

peachi521

Jun 24, 2008
Very true...

Well it turns out the burgundy seller won't sell for less than $575... so that's a no bueno :smile:

The seller of the burnt orange dropped her price and said she'd throw in leather cleaner lol. She also said she'd take a couple more full length shots of the bag so I can see that it's in excellent condition...

vesna

O.G.
Jan 18, 2008
Very true...

Well it turns out the burgundy seller won't sell for less than $575... so that's a no bueno :smile:

The seller of the burnt orange dropped her price and said she'd throw in leather cleaner lol. She also said she'd take a couple more full length shots of the bag so I can see that it's in excellent condition...

The cleaner would not make scraches go away as well as moisturizing lotion (Apple for example). There is a thread about it by Cosmo :
http://forum.purseblog.com/yves-saint-laurent/gave-my-thirsty-muse-a-drink-43580.html

and I tried - like new !!!

The burnt orange one is in the same condition as the black I bought on ebay as well, and I like it better than new because it is broken in already a bit. I LOVE slouchier bags a bit, but this one still holds its shape beautifully. I just do not like rigid bags, so it worked great for me.

if you like the color, that one would be great. I like it a lot indeed. It is a bit funkier than bordeaux or brown. Cheers, vesna

peachi521

Jun 24, 2008
The cleaner would not make scraches go away as well as moisturizing lotion (Apple for example). There is a thread about it by Cosmo :
http://forum.purseblog.com/yves-saint-laurent/gave-my-thirsty-muse-a-drink-43580.html

and I tried - like new !!!

The burnt orange one is in the same condition as the black I bought on ebay as well, and I like it better than new because it is broken in already a bit. I LOVE slouchier bags a bit, but this one still holds its shape beautifully. I just do not like rigid bags, so it worked great for me.

if you like the color, that one would be great. I like it a lot indeed. It is a bit funkier than bordeaux or brown. Cheers, vesna

Ooh thank you!

I am actually a fan of slouchy bags, but I was hoping the bag had a little bit of structure in the base. The seller said she'd send me a few more pictures tonight... waiting for them now...! :smile:

peachi521

Jun 24, 2008
Ok the seller sent me more pictures... here they are :smile: I have to say... I love the color of this bag... I have another leather bag (much smaller) in a similar shade and I wear it everywhere! I do love the size of this bag... it's huge! I can wear it to work and fit my computer, files, and books in there or use it as an overnight bag...!!

She said the material of the bag is still stiff but without stuffing the bag won't hold stand on it's own.

Attachments

• IMG_7127.jpg
    IMG_7127.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7128.jpg
    IMG_7128.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7120.jpg
    IMG_7120.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_7124.jpg
    IMG_7124.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 50

vesna

O.G.
Jan 18, 2008
I am 90% sure I am going to take it... lol...

well, this is the same as my black one, - would not keep shape empty, but the botoom holds flat as this one in the picture. It can hold so much without looking too big, it keeps stuff ina great elegant shape, especially because the bottom is still flat, and the sides do not bulge. It is really one of the greatest designs !!! You will LOVE it.

post pics when you get it, please......V

peachi521

Jun 24, 2008
Thanks ladies,

I emailed the seller today and told her I will buy it for $420.00 including USPS Priority w/tracking & signature confirmation & insurance and the leather cleaning kit (I still plan to get the Apple Moisturizing lotion but I figure if she's offering a kit, why not take it for my other items?). Just waiting for her to confirm the details... :smile: