help me choose my first MJ! which one should I keep?

scmeggiry

Apr 22, 2008
I don't know how it's possible, but I stumbled upon two TWO!! Marc Jacobs bags at Nordstrom these past few days for ridiculously low prices. At least I think they're ridiculously low? Are they low? The thing is, after reading up on the purse forums, I don't know if I should keep these, or get a Marc Jacobs bag that I really REALLY want via ebay. I'm coveting green bags right now.

I think I have a black Bal Harbour satchel from the Resort 2006 collection and a Bordeaux Ines satchel from Fall 2007. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. The Bal Harbour was $510, originally $1275. The Ines, $410, originally $1395.

Ah-so. Which one should I keep!!!! One, none, or both?

Attachments

• Black Bal Harbour Satchel.JPG
    Black Bal Harbour Satchel.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 121
  • Bordeaux Ines.JPG
    Bordeaux Ines.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 116
:drool: OMG! Which Nordstrom did you go to? Those are AMAZING deals! That Bal Harbour is too beautiful, and so is that Ines. I would keep them both for that price. However, if you don't think you are going to use them, then you should take them back and get something you really, really want.

Found the Bal Harbour on Saturday at the Southbay Galleria Nordstrom. They don't usually carry MJ or MBMJ, but the SA said someone got it as a gift, held on to it, and just returned it.

The Ines I got at the Grove. They carry MJs there so I stopped by because the Bal Harbour didn't come with a sleeper, so I went in to get one. And what did I find? ANOTHER Marc Jacobs!

I wonder how Nordstrom decides what to sell these guys at. The Bal Harbour is from an older collection, yet it's the Ines that got the bigger discount and lower price!

Maybe I can justify both by selling my Coach and Juicy bags? :yes:

I'd get the Ines. I like the way the color pops. I love bright color bags but normally shy away in favor of the more practical dark colors, but at that price you can't go wrong!

wow! lucky you!! I agree that the pricing is strange -- Nordstroms final markdown is usually around 70% which is what the Ines appears to be (and those bags are usually "Racked" or sent to a Nordstrom Rack) -- the Bel Harbour still seems to be priced around 30% off the 1st 40% markdown (does that make sense??) I wonder if it's because its black and considered more of a basic so it didn't get marked down as fast?

regardless, my vote is for the Bel Harbour -- for starters, its black & you just can't go wrong with that color. Secondly, I think it's a more classic style that will last forever. You might tire of the PW after a while (but then again, maybe not!) If there's a way you can keep them both, then that's your best solution (I'd sell whatever "smaller" bags I could in order to keep 2 MJs priced like that!!) But if you can only keep one, more vote is for the Bel Harbour

(then be sure to tell us when/where you return the Ines!!:sneaky::graucho:)

I envy you SO MUCH!! I never get any decent at my local Nordstrom... I think both bags are gorgeous!!!

I don't know how it's possible, but I stumbled upon two TWO!! Marc Jacobs bags at Nordstrom these past few days for ridiculously low prices. At least I think they're ridiculously low? Are they low? The thing is, after reading up on the purse forums, I don't know if I should keep these, or get a Marc Jacobs bag that I really REALLY want via ebay. I'm coveting green bags right now.

I think I have a black Bal Harbour satchel from the Resort 2006 collection and a Bordeaux Ines satchel from Fall 2007. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. The Bal Harbour was $510, originally $1275. The Ines, $410, originally $1395.

Ah-so. Which one should I keep!!!! One, none, or both?