Help me choose my first Bal !!!

Witsenhausen

Oct 19, 2010
Hi guys,

I'm turning 20 in exactly two weeks and my parents let me know they wanted to gift me with "anything" I do want.

I've had many designer items/accessories since i'm 15 years old, such as LV, Gucci... and i just got over it. Don't like these brands. Don't like these structured shapes and logos everywhere.

I've been wondering about getting a Computer 15'' bag or Mini Folder Strap from Balenciaga.
Both have strap and can fit my everyday needs.

BUT, I have one question : this summer i bought a Computer Case 15'' in color "Maree blue" and a black wallet, both in "Arena" leather. And i HATED both. I was soooo disappointed with the leather look, looked like cheap plastic and the whole thing looked cheap made.

Now that I look the pictures of the bag on Bal website, i have the same feeling watching the pictures : leather looks so shiny like plastic. I hate it.

I would like to know if this "shiny" look will disappear after months of use or is it something "normal" on a Bal bag ?

Thanks !:smile:

From what I've read on here, the shine usually does fade a bit, although probably not entirely? The thin shiny leather can be a love/hate thing, and considering you disliked your previous purchases, I would hesitate to recommend you get something else from the brand, unless it was a different leather.

Hi guys,

I'm turning 20 in exactly two weeks and my parents let me know they wanted to gift me with "anything" I do want.

I've had many designer items/accessories since i'm 15 years old, such as LV, Gucci... and i just got over it. Don't like these brands. Don't like these structured shapes and logos everywhere.

I've been wondering about getting a Computer 15'' bag or Mini Folder Strap from Balenciaga.
Both have strap and can fit my everyday needs.

BUT, I have one question : this summer i bought a Computer Case 15'' in color "Maree blue" and a black wallet, both in "Arena" leather. And i HATED both. I was soooo disappointed with the leather look, looked like cheap plastic and the whole thing looked cheap made.

Now that I look the pictures of the bag on Bal website, i have the same feeling watching the pictures : leather looks so shiny like plastic. I hate it.

I would like to know if this "shiny" look will disappear after months of use or is it something "normal" on a Bal bag ?

Thanks !:smile:

Why in the world are you interested in getting a Bal then?

The shine does fade, I've owned some bags that turned matte, but that's after years of use.

That said, if you think Bal leather looks cheap and you hate it, it makes more sense to consider another brand. That's two strikes with your computer case and wallet already, why go for a third? I wouldn't waste money on a brand that disappointed me twice.

Thx for reply ! I didn't want to offend anyone with my point of view, it's just that sometimes when the leather is too shiny, it looks like it's too casual...
I'll hit the Bal store next week-end, if i fall in love and bring one home for sure i'll do a reveal
cheers