Help me choose my B25 - do i need to worry about color transfer?

A_L_I_S_A

Aug 5, 2015
Hello all, I need your help please.

I own a Togo Birkin 30, Noir with GHW. I'd like to add a Birkin 25 in a fun color next. I was thinking maybe a pink or orange color. I am not set on the type of leather I want (epsom, chevre, togo etc.) My only concern is possible color transfer or darkening of the handles (due to oil on hands etc.) as I am not the biggest fan of twillies.

I often see women carrying Birkins in gorgeous hues of pinks or oranges without twillies so I am constantly wondering how they manage to keep their handles so clean. Can you please share your experience with color transfer especially on the handles and if i need to worry about it or not? I'd really like to add a pop of color to my birkin collection as I already own a black birkin. Also, I'd love to hear your opinion on which leather I should go for in a Birkin 25. I do like structured bags but I also like clemence and togo so I'm really torn on which leather I should pick for a fun colored B25. Pics of your own B25's are always welcome.

Thank you in advance. :heart:

Reactions: Sharifshopping
You don’t mention if you plan to buy new from the boutique or via reseller. Be advised that currently standard production B25s are overwhelming made in either Togo or Swift for the colors you stated so your decision may be a lot easier than you realize. Chevre B25s are almost always special orders and Epsom in this size is discontinued so you would have to purchase a bag at least a few years old secondhand. Clemence is out there but rare for new bags in this model.

I have a B35 togo in geranium (reddish-pink, see my pic) and I definitely have denim transfer on the back from where it rubbed against my jeans. That said, the 25 might not fall in a way that would necessarily hit your leg, because you can't really wear it tucked in your elbow. My handles are fine, and I've had it for 3 years, but I am careful about making sure my hands are clean generally, and sometimes I do put twillies on the handles.

You don’t mention if you plan to buy new from the boutique or via reseller. Be advised that currently standard production B25s are overwhelming made in either Togo or Swift for the colors you stated so your decision may be a lot easier than you realize. Chevre B25s are almost always special orders and Epsom in this size is discontinued so you would have to purchase a bag at least a few years old secondhand. Clemence is out there but rare for new bags in this model.

I am buying from the boutique. Thank you so much for the information! I will most likely choose togo again.

I have a B35 togo in geranium (reddish-pink, see my pic) and I definitely have denim transfer on the back from where it rubbed against my jeans. That said, the 25 might not fall in a way that would necessarily hit your leg, because you can't really wear it tucked in your elbow. My handles are fine, and I've had it for 3 years, but I am careful about making sure my hands are clean generally, and sometimes I do put twillies on the handles.
Interesting how your handles have held up so well. I used to own a pink Givenchy Antigona and the handles showed some weird sort of grey patina after just a few times of wearing it. It was the only bag I had issues with in regards to the color on the handles. The experience with my Antigona has since then made me very wary of choosing a colored bag again. I must add, that I do own a few other lighter colored bags and never had any issues with them.

The good thing with buying Hermes is you can always send it to spa. If the handles go really dirty, you can always take it to freshen up and even get replaced. And it will take a long time to get really dirty. I also don’t wear too much twillies on my handles because I’m really bad at putting it on. My bag handles are still pristine.

Hello all, I need your help please.

I own a Togo Birkin 30, Noir with GHW. I'd like to add a Birkin 25 in a fun color next. I was thinking maybe a pink or orange color. I am not set on the type of leather I want (epsom, chevre, togo etc.) My only concern is possible color transfer or darkening of the handles (due to oil on hands etc.) as I am not the biggest fan of twillies.

I often see women carrying Birkins in gorgeous hues of pinks or oranges without twillies so I am constantly wondering how they manage to keep their handles so clean. Can you please share your experience with color transfer especially on the handles and if i need to worry about it or not? I'd really like to add a pop of color to my birkin collection as I already own a black birkin. Also, I'd love to hear your opinion on which leather I should go for in a Birkin 25. I do like structured bags but I also like clemence and togo so I'm really torn on which leather I should pick for a fun colored B25. Pics of your own B25's are always welcome.

Thank you in advance. :heart:
Hi there,
I think a darker shade of pink or orange will be easier to manage instead of a lighter shade.
I find a 25birkin, your often carrying it by the hand instead of crooked on the arm; hence the handle is more prone to sweat from the hand, lotion etc. Have you tried the 25birkin? the handle is very short. But its definately a cute bag

I've been wondering the same. I've had my eye on a preowned Rose sakura b25 in swift but I too don't like the look of twillies so I'm wondering if this light color will get dirty since can't hold the 25 in crook of arm.. does anyone have the swift leather in b25? Also do you think this color would be hard to match with? thx

I don't have twilly on my Birkin because I don't like the look of it. I never wear tank top or T-shirt with short sleeves. I always wear cardigan with elbow length, that's why my Birkin handle is always clean.

I don't do twillies on handles but am just a bit more than a tad neurotic about keeping my hands clean. Even before Covid I always had a pack plus an extra of wipes (and am still wondering WHAT Occitane was thinking when they discontinued theirs). None of my bag handles have noticeably discolored. (And when I use lotion I always wash my palms right after.)

I don't do twillies on handles but am just a bit more than a tad neurotic about keeping my hands clean. Even before Covid I always had a pack plus an extra of wipes (and am still wondering WHAT Occitane was thinking when they discontinued theirs). None of my bag handles have noticeably discolored. (And when I use lotion I always wash my palms right after.)
Has anyone tried those handle protectors?