Help me choose my 2nd Downtown please

Which one do you like better?

• tan leather "Downtown" large tote (appears to be medium)

• light brown calf "Downtown" large tote (appears to be large)

• something else...please explain

Results are only viewable after voting.

ally143

Mar 3, 2008
Hey everybody!!
I'm usually around the Louboutin sub-forum, but I need some help from the YSL experts...

I've been eyeing two Downtowns from Bluefly, and from what I've read so far, they are not very accurate with their descriptions, so it is better to go by the picture. I'm between a large and a medium. I have a medium black croc embosed downtown and I love it, but now I need a tan leather bag

NewPicture1.jpg

Option 1
NewPicture2-1.jpg

http://www.bluefly.com/Yves-Saint-L...wntown-large-tote/SEARCH/214244000/detail.fly

Option 2
NewPicture2-2.jpg

http://www.bluefly.com/Yves-Saint-L...wntown-large-tote/SEARCH/300348001/detail.fly

a. Do you think the above bags are the same color?
b. What do you think of the large downtown? If you have it, could you post pics?

Thanks for helping me out!

Pics are from www.bluefly.com

Last edited:
Hi there.....I am 5'6" and I personally prefer Option 2.....I have been to Saks several times now and have decided on the 'tall skinny' large size.....I just can't decide on the color!:girlsigh:

Look on the bluefly.com link b/c there is a 10% discount running through the 15th of Sept.

Also, Chinsumo just bought a TDF dt off of bluefly.com for his birthday, check the thread.....he also has photos of the bag & modeling pics there......

I chose option one. I prefer the medium size over the large (longer) one (Although I know Shazam and Cosmo differ:P). Also, consider that the medium comes with suede lining. Which always sells the bag to me.

Thanks for answering authenticplease and chinsumo!

I think I'm more drawn to the medium size but I like the color of the large one better :confused1: Do any of you ladies know the actual color name of option 2. I don't trust bluefly and their descriptions

If you're going to get a second Downtown, I would say go completely different with a new size and color and do the Large "light brown" version, but I'm biased because I have a Large which I love. And traveling with it over the past week just made my love grow stronger, LOL.

Here's a pic of Rhianna with a Large...

155437535_o.jpg

However, it sounds like you prefer the Medium size and if you think you'd like another Medium, then I'd go for the tan (option 1) because I really don't think there's that much difference in color between the tan and light brown. I can see that the Medium is a little lighter, but they both look very close to caramel to me.

I totally devoted to Downtown. Having carried mine for a month now (everyday no less), I'm hooked. Go to medium size. It's large enough to accommodate what every girl needs with her in daily life.

I have the one in the same color as the first pic, and it's a great bag - I'm 5'9" and it's definitely large enough for me. I normally carry large bags and find it a great size. I haven't tried the larger size, but either way you can't go wrong. I really like the Downtown.