• Keep the Gold with Pearls and Crystal Brooch

Votes: 31 64.6%
  • Exchange it for the Silver Crystal Brooch

Votes: 17 35.4%

• Total voters

nikksterxx

O.G.
Oct 11, 2013
Long story short - my SIL gifted me a gold with pearls and crystal brooch. I couldn't find the stamp on the brooch which drove me insane for 3 days but finally found it. I spoke to her and said she wanted to buy me the silver but they didn't have it in stock. She said if i liked this silver crystal brooch better she could have them order if for me and exchange this for me. I'm confused as to which one i like better and unfortunately can't have both. I have until Friday this week to decide as the exchange policy is 10 days. Would love your feedback!

Gold with Pearls and Crystals or Silver Crystal Brooch?

IMG_52702.JPG
brooch-silver-crystal-metal-strass-metal-strass-packshot-default-a63085y02003z3502-8806021300254.jpg

Last edited:
Both are pretty. In this case, I understand changing the gift if it is clear to you that you prefer the glass one rather than the one your SIL chose. But if you doubt your preferences so much, then I would trust the taste of the one gifting you, rather than of us strangers!.

Reactions: intrecciato84
Both are pretty. In this case, I understand changing the gift if it is clear to you that you prefer the glass one rather than the one your SIL chose. But if you doubt your preferences so much, then I would trust the taste of the one gifting you, rather than of us strangers!.

well she told she was going to purchase the silver one for me since my mini flap has silver hardware but the store was sold out. She purchased the gold with pearls instead and told me the store said they can order the silver one if i prefer that and she can just exchange it for me. plus, i trust the people on tpf as i feel like they are educated on designers and such.

Reactions: doni
Do you wear more white gold / platinum or yellow gold? I would get the one that would coordinate best with my existing jewelry and handbag hardware.

I actually only wear white gold/ platinum 99% of the time. That being said, the gold one actually doesn't look that gold in real life. It very very light brushed gold. I wear gold jewelry when i wear ethnic clothing and i could see myself wearing the brooch with those outfits too. ugh i'm so confused!!!

well she told she was going to purchase the silver one for me since my mini flap has silver hardware but the store was sold out. She purchased the gold with pearls instead and told me the store said they can order the silver one if i prefer that and she can just exchange it for me. plus, i trust the people on tpf as i feel like they are educated on designers and such.

Okay that explains it. Of course it is fine to ask us TPFers, but I had assumed your SIL chose that particular one because she thought it suited you, and I thought, given you are not sure, why not trust her choice.

I personally like the crystal one better. Kind of cleaner with the first one having a bit too much going on. And then depending on what jewelry/hardware you wear more. But you cannot go wrong with either.

Reactions: nikksterxx
Okay that explains it. Of course it is fine to ask us TPFers, but I had assumed your SIL chose that particular one because she thought it suited you, and I thought, given you are not sure, why not trust her choice.

I personally like the crystal one better. Kind of cleaner with the first one having a bit too much going on. And then depending on what jewelry/hardware you wear more. But you cannot go wrong with either.

Thanks for sharing your opinion! this is going to be a tough choice.

The gold brooch is a classic Chanel style with pearls and small crystals. It is very detailed and newer collection.
The silver brooch is a common design- just CC with crystals. I have seen it in person and not very attractive, and didn’t buy.
I have both light gold and silver. I try different brooches with my clothes and to see which brooch fits better with the clothes.
I would keep the gold one and get a better silver designed one in the future. But in the end, you are the decision maker.
Here are some photos with different brooches and hope they help.
F6A820BD-573E-4C95-885B-1AB295978D27.jpeg EDD60507-F8B8-4935-9BA8-09372DBBFF3D.jpeg B90FC07E-B3C7-47D4-A6E3-40BBD688EB96.jpeg 6707B2D7-FAFB-45BD-8706-D56C85C6A75E.jpeg
2EFE2A08-DAE2-46A4-9FAB-01BD88B2B99E.jpeg

Reactions: nikksterxx
The gold brooch is a classic Chanel style with pearls and small crystals. It is very detailed and newer collection.
The silver brooch is a common design- just CC with crystals. I have seen it in person and not very attractive, and didn’t buy.
I have both light gold and silver. I try different brooches with my clothes and to see which brooch fits better with the clothes.
I would keep the gold one and get a better silver designed one in the future. But in the end, you are the decision maker.
Here are some photos with different brooches and hope they help.

You have such a great collection! Thanks for sharing your insight. I was concerned that if i exchange it, what if i don't like the silver one in person so it's good to know that silver with crystals isn't as attractive in person. I don't realistically think I'll be able to add another brooch in my collection, this will probably be my only one.