Help me choose mini for everyday use?

Which mini for everyday?

• Chanel

Votes: 38 88.4%
  • YSL

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
I have a lambskin jumbo and a lamb woc. I've used my jumbo a handful of times and I'm really careful with it but yet there are a few scratches. I've considered selling it but it's such a classic bag and I do love the look of it. But I definitely have to be more careful with it than my caviar bags. My beige caviar jumbo doesn't have a scratch on it.
Thank you!

I will go for chanel. Lambskin in mini bag should be okay :smile: they are not as fragile as most of people think. And yes if you want to sell them there will be so many market for it.

Good luck deciding :smile:

I will go for chanel. Lambskin in mini bag should be okay :smile: they are not as fragile as most of people think. And yes if you want to sell them there will be so many market for it.

Good luck deciding :smile:
Thank you! I think I will just wait for the right bag and carry my heavy bag for couple more months lol :smile:

I voted for Chanel, though I think for the everyday use, I would prefer a carefree bag. But I don't like the color of the Saint Laurent, I'm sorry...

I have a lambskin jumbo and a lamb woc. I've used my jumbo a handful of times and I'm really careful with it but yet there are a few scratches. I've considered selling it but it's such a classic bag and I do love the look of it. But I definitely have to be more careful with it than my caviar bags. My beige caviar jumbo doesn't have a scratch on it.

Scratches on lamb you can simply buff them out with fingers or Meltonian cream

My lamb bags are light pink or beige and I just coat them with collonil spray! I also have a turquoise lamb key holder that I've been using for 3 years...still look new.View attachment 3404241

Last edited:
Reactions: luxfun
Definitely Chanel!!
I've recently got SL Sac de Jour as my working bag, also in grained leather, and after just one day of use it got horrible leather peeling and chipping on handles! I can't believe how poor quality of the leather Saint Laurent using for their bags. Though the bag itself is beautiful. Will try to return it.

I don't know how other people manage to keep their lambskin Chanel as new, I don't baby any of my Chanel but I am very careful when take them out so I don't put them on rough surface or avoid to bump into people etc. somehow I just got my lambskin rec mini black with pale gold hw this Jan/Feb(can't remember exactly), I only worn it a few times per week and not even a whole day from morning to night each time, the edge of the back pocket already shown wear off(I found it just two months after I purchased), which is super annoying to me, so I had to reduce usage amount to minimize the wears getting worse and everywhere else. But I still love it. If I have to choose from your two options, I would def go for YSL one, BUT if you are open for other option then I highly suggest you to get a rec mini in carviar, since you have two caviar, you know how sturdy they are. That's what I am going to do for my next Chanel purchase.

I don't know how other people manage to keep their lambskin Chanel as new, I don't baby any of my Chanel but I am very careful when take them out so I don't put them on rough surface or avoid to bump into people etc. somehow I just got my lambskin rec mini black with pale gold hw this Jan/Feb(can't remember exactly), I only worn it a few times per week and not even a whole day from morning to night each time, the edge of the back pocket already shown wear off(I found it just two months after I purchased), which is super annoying to me, so I had to reduce usage amount to minimize the wears getting worse and everywhere else. But I still love it. If I have to choose from your two options, I would def go for YSL one, BUT if you are open for other option then I highly suggest you to get a rec mini in carviar, since you have two caviar, you know how sturdy they are. That's what I am going to do for my next Chanel purchase.
You can use Melatonin black shoe polish to patch up the color wear off.

Scratches on lamb you can simply buff them out with fingers or Meltonian cream

My lamb bags are light pink or beige and I just coat them with collonil spray! I also have a turquoise lamb key holder that I've been using for 3 years...still look new.View attachment 3404241

I'm sure it can be buffed out but for an everyday bag I don't want to have to baby it. I don't have to do anything with my caviar bags and it still looks perfect. So imo caviar is better for an everyday bag. Just my two cents.

Thank you for reply! I would love to have caviar rect mini, but I haven't been able t find it for last two years already (((( Will keep looking for it then

Thank you for reply! I would love to have caviar rect mini, but I haven't been able t find it for last two years already (((( Will keep looking for it then

Sometimes they show up once in a while at FP, AF or YC but they sell out fairly quickly with over retail price through. I'm looking for a caviar rect mini as well but it's really hard to find one. Still on the hunt for it [emoji16]

Sometimes they show up once in a while at FP, AF or YC but they sell out fairly quickly with over retail price through. I'm looking for a caviar rect mini as well but it's really hard to find one. Still on the hunt for it [emoji16]
Thank you!

I am quite reluctant to purchase on resale sites, although I sold few bags on Tradesy myself )) maybe I will try to find it in Europe