Help me Choose - Last jewelry purchase for a while

emchhardy

O.G.
Feb 12, 2013
I plan to make one more jewelry purchase (I've bought two items this month - Dana Rebecca Lauren Joy Necklace and Paloma Picasso Hugs and Kisses Ring) and then I won't be able to for a while since I'll have to save up $ again.
Here's what I'm eyeing. If anyone has these items (or anything by Alex Woo even), please post pictures. Let me know what you think.

1) Tiffany Paloma Picasso "Love" Bracelet in Sterling Silver
2) Alex Woo Sun Necklace from the "Seasons" collection in Silver
3) Tiffany Elsa Peretti Open Heart Bracelet in Sterling Silver

Here's my take - for #1, I worry it may be too trendy and thus wonder if I'll still like it in a few years (but this piece is actually my favorite), for #2, I worry that it may not be age appropriate (her jewelry seems more suitable to the under 40 crowd) but this piece is fun and reminds me of summer, and for #3, I worry about the heart moving around all over the place and thus being bothered by it but it's so pretty, feminine, and seems timeless.

I thought about the DBTY SS bracelet so that could be an option as well. My budget is about $200 or less so not much.

You guys were so helpful with my last purchase (the Lauren Joy) by the way. :smile:

I plan to make one more jewelry purchase (I've bought two items this month - Dana Rebecca Lauren Joy Necklace and Paloma Picasso Hugs and Kisses Ring) and then I won't be able to for a while since I'll have to save up $ again.
Here's what I'm eyeing. If anyone has these items (or anything by Alex Woo even), please post pictures. Let me know what you think.

1) Tiffany Paloma Picasso "Love" Bracelet in Sterling Silver
2) Alex Woo Sun Necklace from the "Seasons" collection in Silver
3) Tiffany Elsa Peretti Open Heart Bracelet in Sterling Silver

Here's my take - for #1, I worry it may be too trendy and thus wonder if I'll still like it in a few years (but this piece is actually my favorite), for #2, I worry that it may not be age appropriate (her jewelry seems more suitable to the under 40 crowd) but this piece is fun and reminds me of summer, and for #3, I worry about the heart moving around all over the place and thus being bothered by it but it's so pretty, feminine, and seems timeless.

I thought about the DBTY SS bracelet so that could be an option as well. My budget is about $200 or less so not much.

You guys were so helpful with my last purchase (the Lauren Joy) by the way. :smile:

Not sure about 1 and 2, but 3 is the MOST comfortable necklace that I own! I love, love, love the open heart! Have had it for years and don't even mind wearing it to sleep, although I don't typically. Good luck!

I have the Alex Woo Horseshoe necklace; I'll post pictures tomorrow. The quality is great and the chain is a lot prettier in person. They're very cute but I've seen women of all ages wearing them. I think if that's the one you're leaning towards then get it!

I would go for the PP Open Heart (3) necklace. The Alex Woo (2) seems a bit too industrial to me. It almost looks like a cog or something, since it's open and spiky and on a ball chain. I think the PP Love design (1) is beautiful, but might be better as a necklace. I can imagine this is a style that would flip upside down, or around to the bottom of your wrist all of the time!

Actually #3, is the bracelet version, not the necklace. I like the necklace too but would prefer a bracelet right now.

AndieAbroad - Good point about it looking like a cog. I didn't even think of that.

Actually #3, is the bracelet version, not the necklace. I like the necklace too but would prefer a bracelet right now.

AndieAbroad - Good point about it looking like a cog. I didn't even think of that.

Oops, sorry, I'm so used to seeing 'open necklace' with 'necklace' I must have blanked out the rest! hahaha. I would probably still say 1, but you're going to get the same flipping problem unfortunately :sad:

I just had another look at the Alex Woo sun necklace, and I think the main problem is actually the matte finish. It makes it look like a nut or cog, and less expensive than it is. I guess I prefer things more shiny or sparkly. :graucho:

Well, you guys aren't going to believe this but I actually went in a totally different direction and ordered:
7.5-8.0 mm White Freshadama Freshwater Pearl Necklace
from Pearl Paradise

I don't have a pearl necklace, well actually I do, but it's fake. I've always wanted one so this was probably my best choice.

I have the Alex Woo Horseshoe necklace; I'll post pictures tomorrow. The quality is great and the chain is a lot prettier in person. They're very cute but I've seen women of all ages wearing them. I think if that's the one you're leaning towards then get it!

Would love to see pics of your necklace. Have you ever had problems with the chain? I hear that these type of chains can be quite delicate?

Well, you guys aren't going to believe this but I actually went in a totally different direction and ordered:
7.5-8.0 mm White Freshadama Freshwater Pearl Necklace
from Pearl Paradise

I don't have a pearl necklace, well actually I do, but it's fake. I've always wanted one so this was probably my best choice.

Yay!! Post some pictures when you get it!

View attachment 2083583

View attachment 2083584

Its dirty too, btw. I don't wear it any more because it was a gift from an ex. But when I did I wore it 24/7 for almost a year with no problems.

Thanks so much for the photos. It looks lovely :smile: Its really making me want an initial necklace.

Do you mean its tarnished now from lack of wear? As it is a matte finish, can these necklaces be polished? When you did wear it 24/7, was there any special care you gave it (did you wear it in the shower, swimming pool etc?) Many thanks, :smile:

Have you ever had any problems with the chain, in terms of it being delicate?

Thanks so much for the photos. It looks lovely :smile: Its really making me want an initial necklace.

Do you mean its tarnished now from lack of wear? As it is a matte finish, can these necklaces be polished? When you did wear it 24/7, was there any special care you gave it (did you wear it in the shower, swimming pool etc?) Many thanks, :smile:

Have you ever had any problems with the chain, in terms of it being delicate?

Oh no, it's not tarnished or anything. I just don't believe I've ever cleaned it. I literally never took it off--wore it to the gym, in the shower, out horseback riding every day, etc. The chain seemed to be really durable given how hard I am on jewelry. The pendants do slide around on the chain and off too so I almost lost the pendant a few times not paying attention when I took it off to wear something with a certain outfit or whatever. The packaging is so cute too; really adds to the quality of it.