Help Me Choose: Favorite MM Mono or Speedy 30 DA?

Which Should I Get?

• Speedy 30 Damier Azur (Made in France)

• Favorite MM Monogram (Made in USA)

Results are only viewable after voting.

thenshesays

Jun 4, 2014
I am about to head to Louis Vuitton this weekend and I need to decide between a Favorite MM in Mono or a Speedy 30 in Damier Azur.

My boutique has a Speedy 30 DA that is MIF waiting for me and at the price of $970 it is $15 less than the Favorite MM and is a lot bigger as far as the size go.

The Favorite MM will be Monogram which I always gravitate towards and the look of it is just so classy. However I am not a fan of the size of it being so much smaller yet costing more than the Speedy 30 DA.

As far as Speedy 30 goes, I already have it in Mono and DE.

I do not have any DA bags and I love the look of the Speedy 30 DA on people that I see on the streets.

I am however, very concerned about the DA canvas and possibility of color transfer.

Preowned Speedy 30 in DA are going for too much $ on the bay for the condition so it is not worth the preowned route.

I also already have the Eva Clutch in Mono and DE but I feel the Favorite MM is a lot different and I love the flap but I am not a fan of the magnetic closure.

So ladies, Which should I get?

Feb 22, 2009
LaLa Land
The Favorite MM has my vote! I got one last month in DA and I love it. I have 3 other Speedy bags also and if you didn't already have a Speedy, I would have said Speedy for sure! The Favorite MM is such a great size, so classy and can be worn 3 different ways. The flap is the best part, no issues with it. It holds my Emilie wallet and much more. Mine is also Made in USA and again I love it so much!

katiel00

May 29, 2014
California
The Favorite MM has my vote! I got one last month in DA and I love it. I have 3 other Speedy bags also and if you didn't already have a Speedy, I would have said Speedy for sure! The Favorite MM is such a great size, so classy and can be worn 3 different ways. The flap is the best part, no issues with it. It holds my Emilie wallet and much more. Mine is also Made in USA and again I love it so much!
+1 :tup:

cerezah

Cerezah
May 23, 2014
I vote for the favorite mm as well since you already have two speedys. Why not get the favorite mm in azur? :P

axcarter

LV LaLa Land
Aug 9, 2012
U.S.A
I'm no help! I have 3 Speedy (mono, de and da) and Favorites (mono mm and azur pm)
I know it sucks the Favorite is so much more than the Speedy!
But since you don't have any DA I'd say get the Speedy in DA then.
I don't have any color transfer on my Speedy DA and I've had it for a couple of years and you're right- it looks gorgeous on people passing by!

thenshesays

Jun 4, 2014
I vote for the favorite mm as well since you already have two speedys. Why not get the favorite mm in azur? :P
Hi, I think the Favorite MM in the Monogram looks the best :smile: I would not want a DA bag unless that was the only choice. Since I already have the Speedy 30 in Mono and De... DA is the only choice since I cannot afford the empreinte as of yet :smile:

thenshesays

Jun 4, 2014

Ohhhh Congrats on your Favorite MM DA :smile: Do you find any scratches on your metal plate yet? That is another worry of mine. How about the long vachetta strap? I don't like it that there is only one clip instead of 2 clips like the strap on my Eva Clutches.

thenshesays

Jun 4, 2014
I'm no help! I have 3 Speedy (mono, de and da) and Favorites (mono mm and azur pm)
I know it sucks the Favorite is so much more than the Speedy!
But since you don't have any DA I'd say get the Speedy in DA then.
I don't have any color transfer on my Speedy DA and I've had it for a couple of years and you're right- it looks gorgeous on people passing by!

Yeah the Speedy DA is so very gorgeous indeed... it looks so good even when it got patina and dirt lol... I just would not want that on my brand new one that I paid full price for.

I may just get the Favorite MM Monogram new and scout the bay for a preowned Speedy 30 DA that is not too bad condition and at a reasonable price :smile:

Feb 22, 2009
LaLa Land
Ohhhh Congrats on your Favorite MM DA :smile: Do you find any scratches on your metal plate yet? That is another worry of mine. How about the long vachetta strap? I don't like it that there is only one clip instead of 2 clips like the strap on my Eva Clutches.

Thanks! No scratches on the plate....but that is one thing I love about the Favorite, the plate is quite small. Less difficult to scratch and not very noticeable I don't think, even if it did have a scratch or two. I personally don't care for the big gold plate on the Eva. The strap is fantastic. I'm only 5'2" so the length is perfect and I prefer the 1 clip, it's like my pochette NM which I love also! I just love everything about the Favorite!!

Venessa84

Aug 20, 2013
The Garden State
I voted for the DA Speedy. Please don't be afraid of DA. I've had my NF in DA for well over a year and no color transfer at all and I've worn it many times with dark denim. I love the Favorite too and if it came in the MM size and DE print, it would be in my collection.

lizzieke

Mar 7, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
My vote goes for the Speedy! Collect them all, they're gorgeous..
You'd get so much more use than the Favourite. I have both and the Favourite spends more time in my closet than out of it!

NurseLV

Dec 26, 2013
I vote for the Favorite MM in DA. I know that wasn't one of your choices but it sure is a gorgeous bag.

marissa says

Jul 20, 2014
Although I love the way the Speedy looks in Azur, I would vote for the Favorite because it's gorgeous and you already have 2 speeds! Good luck, I'm sure you will be happy with either! :smile:

Louisgyal37

Feb 3, 2013
Lawrenceville, GA
I voted for the speedy for the simple fact that you found one made in France which is hard to come by. I wanted both myself but found the speedy 30 DA MIF in pristine condition and didn't blink. The following week, I found a favorite mm mono in like new condition with the mono adjustable strap and almost fainted..lol