Help me choose! Black k28 or etoupe b30

Leannnnnn

Feb 17, 2017
Hi guys, my Sa offered me 2 bags today... black k28 with ghw (not sure if is sellier or retourne) and etoupe b30 with ghw. Which one should I get? I was planning to get a black b30 with gold hardware but idk how much longer will I wait. I like the shoulder strap of the kelly but I think birkin is more practical to use. Let me know your suggestions! Thanks!

Without knowing your work/lifestyle, the b30 is going to give you no hassle getting into the purse, unlike the K28. If your first choice was a black b30 then I would wait, hope and pray for a black 30. While I love the look of a kelly, it can be a pia to get in and out of, and one ends up coming up with a work around, like not carrying too much and leaving it unbuckled. Too much crammed in is everything one can put in a bag las if one is going on a camping trip but not leaving town, kwim?

Reactions: hopiko
Both are amazing classic. Do you happen to know the leather of the bags? Imo, this plays major part of the selection criteria too.

Another thing to consider is the function of the bag. While birkin is a practical for faster access, kelly has a strap thats handy if you are in need to free your hands.

Also, while black matches with everything, etoupe is an amazing classic color too. See if etoupe matches with your wardrobe. Most of members find etoupe easy to match, but some feels it doesn't.

Either way, K28 & B30 in two beautiful colors. You cant go wrong. If its me, I'll choose K28 black. But only if its retourne since I want a more relax look for my casual lifestyle :biggrin:

Without knowing your work/lifestyle, the b30 is going to give you no hassle getting into the purse, unlike the K28. If your first choice was a black b30 then I would wait, hope and pray for a black 30. While I love the look of a kelly, it can be a pia to get in and out of, and one ends up coming up with a work around, like not carrying too much and leaving it unbuckled. Too much crammed in is everything one can put in a bag las if one is going on a camping trip but not leaving town, kwim?

Thank you for the reply! I won’t use the bag everyday so it will be a weekend/special occasion bag. And I don’t have much things to carry around (Chanel mini or medium cf is my current weekend bag). It is a tough choice for me since I like them both haha.

Both are classic and amazing choices! I vacillate between which I love more - B or K - and since I can never 100% ever choose I prefer to have a mix of both K and B in my collection... so I know I would be neutral whether it’s a B or K and would go for the color I love ... but if you are very specific that you want a black B30 then I would say wait for it. No point settling for the insane price we pay for these bags!

Reactions: rainnebeauxday
Both are amazing classic. Do you happen to know the leather of the bags? Imo, this plays major part of the selection criteria too.

Another thing to consider is the function of the bag. While birkin is a practical for faster access, kelly has a strap thats handy if you are in need to free your hands.

Also, while black matches with everything, etoupe is an amazing classic color too. See if etoupe matches with your wardrobe. Most of members find etoupe easy to match, but some feels it doesn't.

Either way, K28 & B30 in two beautiful colors. You cant go wrong. If its me, I'll choose K28 black. But only if its retourne since I want a more relax look for my casual lifestyle :biggrin:

Thanks for the reply! My SA didn’t mention about the leather type for the kelly, but I think the b is in Togo. I like them all but I’m afraid that black kelly will look too ‘formal’ (however I do use my bags for special occasions or evenings :P). I wonder which bag is harder to get, so that I can get the ‘harder bag’ now and wait for the ‘easier one’ later.

Thanks for the reply! My SA didn’t mention about the leather type for the kelly, but I think the b is in Togo. I like them all but I’m afraid that black kelly will look too ‘formal’ (however I do use my bags for special occasions or evenings :P). I wonder which bag is harder to get, so that I can get the ‘harder bag’ now and wait for the ‘easier one’ later.
I think both are gorgeous! I have a black Kelly ghw retourne and it is not too formal...i wear it with jeans all the time!
Both are classic and amazing choices! I vacillate between which I love more - B or K - and since I can never 100% ever choose I prefer to have a mix of both K and B in my collection... so I know I would be neutral whether it’s a B or K and would go for the color I love ... but if you are very specific that you want a black B30 then I would say wait for it. No point settling for the insane price we pay for these bags!

Reactions: Leannnnnn
Hi guys, my Sa offered me 2 bags today... black k28 with ghw (not sure if is sellier or retourne) and etoupe b30 with ghw. Which one should I get? I was planning to get a black b30 with gold hardware but idk how much longer will I wait. I like the shoulder strap of the kelly but I think birkin is more practical to use. Let me know your suggestions! Thanks!
Given the option I would choose the K28 with GHW it’s very versatile with traps and a classic color that can be worn with all outfit! However, since you wanted a B30 maybe you should wait for the perfect combo as you curate your collection. Also go to the boutique and visit in person and then make your final decision. Good Luck, I would certainly like to know what you choose in the future.

I own both a B30 and K28. Hands down I would take a B30 first! Bs are easy to get in and out and B30 can fit more inside than K28. My first B was my Etoupe. Great neutral and goes with everything. Good luck choosing!

Basing this update on your comment as to the use being more special occasion, then my vote goes to the Kelly. It is a beautiful and classy purse. In offering my previous comment I envisioned using the new purse as going to the office or shopping excursions and comparing ease of entry. I will venture out on the proverbial limb and predict a 30b will also find a place next to the Kelly. Cheers and congratulations in case I miss your reveal.

Reactions: HavLab
Agree with others in that eventually you will probably get both. I have a black B30 which I use almost daily, but it is not a great bag for some events. For example, taking it to party not so convenient to balance bag, drink glass and try to have snacks also. The K is much better for that and you can also make it casual using twilly, different strap etc. I find myself wanting a smaller K or a C in black but I have had zero luck in getting one. I also have an etoupe 35 and I love this bag, but since it is larger and I dont carry that much stuff I tend to use the B30 more. I love the etoupe color though, much more than I thought I would. Good luck deciding, both are great choices. A black B30 is great to have though...if you really plan to limit bags to one I would hold out for that.