help me choose between a reissue 2.55 jumbo metallic navy blue or classic jumbo......

fruits

Aug 29, 2008
hello!!! pls help me choose between a reissue 2.55 jumbo metallic navy blue flap or classic jumbo brown flap - both in silver hardware ... for everyday use? which one is better? tnx

hello cherripi,
tnxs for answering my questions .... its juz i like a 2.55 reissue in silver hardware and i d reason i like d reissue bec it has d mademoiselle lock .. recently i juz purchased a med/large flap in BLACK caviar in gh..
reading this forum/thread is very helpful ..patent/metallic is not good for everyday use ..(some says it will chipped or discolored in due time).. and i already have a black one so i thought of wanting another color .. but it seems as i browse in the chanel ref library .. mostly they have d black color .. so up to now im stll undecided regarding d color ..chanel bags cost a fortune so i wil only have 2 bags and thats it.(one in silver hardware and one in gold hardware) and i cant afford to have too many) and i want something that will last forever/timeless.. re d color ... hmmmm ... help!!! :confused1:

since you already have black caviar jumbo with gold hardware,...it'll be nice to add reissue to your collection. Metallic navy or 08 Fall dark silver reissue is a great color to choose. IMHO, 08 fall dark silver reissue can be used as an everyday bag or a nice evening bag.

It depends, do you wear a lot of browns? Then I would get the brown jumbo in caviar. But if you don't then get the metallic or even the red caviar. It just depends on what color you wear most in your wardrobe and if you like you purses to match it.

since you already have a black caviar flap, my vote goes to the reissue for variety!

but between the metallic reissue & brown caviar jumbo, i think the jumbo will probably be more 'timeless'. the metallic reissue might be too trendy?

tnxs everyone who reply to my post...some more quiries..

rito155, bagsjunkie and bagaholic- metallic navy blue reissue - some says we cant used it for daytime wear... metallic is much better to use it at night time/parties .. any comment?

ice cream, duckie and fleur-de-lis - reissues.... any comment on gray reissue 227 sh .. can i use it in daytime n night time? d reason i choose brown,navy blue coz i tink its easy for this one to mix and match with jeans.. any comment?

thanxs a lot again ... im still undecided ... help!!!:confused1:

The metallic reissue is dressier then the non-metallic- imo, but in the 227 or 228 I think it can be a very nice day bag- it would just be the statement in your outfit.
Depending on the colors in your wardrobe, I would suggest the brown flap or the grey reissue as I think they are less trendy than the metallic and will be classics you can carry forever.

I think the brown jumbo caviar is more timeless and easier to match with jeans.
you will get a lot use of it... or grey reissue. ( non metallic). I think brown and grey just the new black. they are great specially will fall /winter season around the corner..