Help me choose an SL!

Jul 10, 2015
Hi everyone! I posted here awhile ago when I was trying to decide between the Soft Lockit and another bag, but after taking some time to think about what I need, I keep coming back to the SL! I've finally decided to purchase one in the pm size, but I'm not sure what color to get. I love the noir, galet, and magnolia colors. I wear a lot of black, white, navy blue, and denim, with some occasional bright colors, so I can see all these colors working in my wardrobe. I would like something versatile and easy to wear though, so I think I'm leaning towards noir or galet. I've only been able to see the SL in a bright red color, but I tried on the SC in galet once and absolutely loved it. For some reason the SL in galet appears different than the SC to me, but maybe that's just bad pictures!

I know that the SL is now limited and is being discontinued so finding the color I want may be hard, but I'm still curious what everyone feels is the best top choice! Thanks for any advice :smile:

If you can get Galet that would be my number one choice of the three. Next would be magnolia, and noir last. Galet is just beautiful! Magnolia is very pretty and feminine, but Galet's shade to me is so much more versatile and just so elegant looking.

If you can get Galet that would be my number one choice of the three. Next would be magnolia, and noir last. Galet is just beautiful! Magnolia is very pretty and feminine, but Galet's shade to me is so much more versatile and just so elegant looking.

Thanks for your thoughts! I was also thinking galet would be more versatile and wearable year-round

Hi everyone! I posted here awhile ago when I was trying to decide between the Soft Lockit and another bag, but after taking some time to think about what I need, I keep coming back to the SL! I've finally decided to purchase one in the pm size, but I'm not sure what color to get. I love the noir, galet, and magnolia colors. I wear a lot of black, white, navy blue, and denim, with some occasional bright colors, so I can see all these colors working in my wardrobe. I would like something versatile and easy to wear though, so I think I'm leaning towards noir or galet. I've only been able to see the SL in a bright red color, but I tried on the SC in galet once and absolutely loved it. For some reason the SL in galet appears different than the SC to me, but maybe that's just bad pictures!

I know that the SL is now limited and is being discontinued so finding the color I want may be hard, but I'm still curious what everyone feels is the best top choice! Thanks for any advice :smile:

They are all so beautiful, I love the magnolia ❤️

Galet is a beautiful neutral and it would look very elegant with the colors you wear. I nearly purchased it in September, but I prefer gold hardware to silver. I purchased the SC PM in Galet with gold hardware instead and love it. Both bags are timeless beauties! I do think the difference in hardware very slightly affects the overall appearance. With silver, Galet reads a little more cool- toned. The gold hardware on the SC slightly " warms up" the color of the leather.

To answers your original question, choose Galet! You'll always be able to find a lovely black bag, but this gorgeous, light neutral works with everything and is classy and different. I wore mine with dark denim and dark colors all winter and it looked beautiful. Also, no color transfer at all, and that was a concern of mine.

I was wondering if color transfer or just more wear would be an issue with the lighter colors. Black is definitely safe :biggrin:
No color transfer with my SC PM in Galet and I wear dark denim frequently. Don't be " safe" with this bag, it's beautiful in Galet! I saw a pic not long ago with Giselle wearing the SL in Galet and the bag got my attention, not Giselle.

No color transfer with my SC PM in Galet and I wear dark denim frequently. Don't be " safe" with this bag, it's beautiful in Galet! I saw a pic not long ago with Giselle wearing the SL in Galet and the bag got my attention, not Giselle.

Thanks so much for always offering great advice! I agree that the effect of the different hardware makes the SL in galet appear more gray and the SC more of a beige. I have somewhat of a silly question, but do you think that darker colors make the bag appear smaller? I've seen petite ladies with the galet and magnolia bags and it appears bigger on them than it does on petite ladies with the noir... Maybe that's thinking way too much into it, but I'm petite and am always afraid of looking like my bag is bigger than I am!

Have you had a chance to try all 3 colors? I find that usually that helps me make up my mind and find that "forever" handbag. All 3 colors are fantastic and the PM size is a great choice.

Can't wait to see your Reveal. Good luck with your decision. #firstworldproblems

Thanks so much for always offering great advice! I agree that the effect of the different hardware makes the SL in galet appear more gray and the SC more of a beige. I have somewhat of a silly question, but do you think that darker colors make the bag appear smaller? I've seen petite ladies with the galet and magnolia bags and it appears bigger on them than it does on petite ladies with the noir... Maybe that's thinking way too much into it, but I'm petite and am always afraid of looking like my bag is bigger than I am!
Honestly, I don't. I think a darker color doesn't showcase this lovely shape/ design. I feel the lighter shades accentuate the bag's beautiful lines. I think the SL PM is a great size. That's the size I was looking at also. I am 5'3" and 100# and I'm very petite too. The SL PM looked flattering, was plenty roomy for a daily bag, yet not oversized in the least.

Have you had a chance to try all 3 colors? I find that usually that helps me make up my mind and find that "forever" handbag. All 3 colors are fantastic and the PM size is a great choice.

Can't wait to see your Reveal. Good luck with your decision. #firstworldproblems

Unfortunately, no :sad:. The closest LV is a few hours from where I live, and the last time I was there I only got to see the pm in red and the mm in noir. I would love to to be able to try all three colors on and compare, but I'm not sure that's a possibility. Thanks so much for your comment and advice!

Honestly, I don't. I think a darker color doesn't showcase this lovely shape/ design. I feel the lighter shades accentuate the bag's beautiful lines. I think the SL PM is a great size. That's the size I was looking at also. I am 5'3" and 100# and I'm very petite too. The SL PM looked flattering, was plenty roomy for a daily bag, yet not oversized in the least.

That's great to know, thank you for the reassurance! :biggrin: I'll have to see what colors are still available, but I will probably get galet if I can